Genesee County Airport (GVQ) in Batavia, New York
Information about Operating and Financial Summary, Runways, Icidents
- Genesee County Airport (GVQ)
- No street view available for this location
- See Google Street View
|Best City to live between Rochester, NY & Buffalo, NY? (56 replies)|
Latest news about airports in Batavia, NY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
- Aviation forum
Historical Itinerant Operations - Genesee County Airport
Historical Local Operations - Genesee County Airport
Genesee County Airport (GVQ)
- Type: Airport, Status: Operational, Runways: 1, Land Area Covered By Airport: 326 acres, Ownership: Publicly owned, Facility Use: Open to public, Site Number: 14858.*A, Location ID: GVQ, Region: Eastern, District Office: NYC, Unicom Frequency: 122.700 MHz, Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF): 122.700 MHz, Traffic Pattern Altitude: 1000, Aeronautical sectional chart: Detroit, Tie-In FSS: No, Tie-In FSS ID: BUF, Tie-In FSS Name: Buffalo, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 913 ft, Elevation determination method: Surveyed, Elevation Source: NGS (2009-05-24), Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCC, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZOB, Boundary ARTCC Name: Cleveland, Airspace Determination: Not Analyzed, Federal Agreements: NGY, NOTAM Service: Yes, NOTAM Facility ID: GVQ, Last Inspection Date: 08/13/2015, Inspection Group: State aeronautical personnel, Inspection Method: State
- State: New York, County: Genesee, City: Batavia, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 43° 01' 54.300'', Lng: -78° 10' 10.800'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 43.031750, Lng: -78.169667, GPS determination method: Estimated, Position Source: NGS (2009-05-24), Distance from central business district: 2 mi (N) Find on map
- Mr. Timothy Hens, Genesee Co. Supt. Of Hwy., 153 Cedar Street, Batavia, Ny 14020, 585-344-8508
- Jason Long, 4701 E. Saile Drive, Batavia, Ny 14020, 585-344-8532
- Period: 08/13/2014 - 08/13/2015, Air Taxi Operations: 800, Itinerant Operations: 15,600, Local Operations: 22,800, Military Operations: 800
- Single Engine Aircraft: 43, Multi Engine Aircraft: 4, Jet Engine Aircraft: 9, Helicopters: 2
- Fuel Types: 100LLA1+, Magnetic Variation: 11W (Year 2000), Beacon Color: Clear-green (lighted land airport), Bulk Oxygen Type: High pressure, Lighting Schedule: See Rmk, Beacon Schedule: Ss-Sr, Airframe repair service availability/type: Major, Power Plant repair service availability/type: Major, Customs Airport Of Entry: No, Customs Landing Rights: No, Military/civil joint use agreement: No, Military Landing Rights: Yes, Non-Commercial Landing Fee: No, Transient storage: HGR,TIE, Wind direction indicator: Y-L, Segmented circle airport marker system: Yes, Other services: AFRT, AGRI, AMB, CHTR, INSTR, RNTL
- Airspace Determination: EXISTED PRIOR TO 1959.
- Base End
- Base End ID: 10, True Alignment: 91, Right Traffic Pattern: No, Runway Markings Type: Non-precision instrument, Markings Condition: Good, Physical GPS (Degrees): Lat: 43° 01' 54.710'', Lng: -78° 10' 47.784'', Physical GPS (Seconds): Lat: 43.031864, Lng: -78.179940, Physical Elevation: 912 ft, Threshold Crossing Height: 40.0 ft, Glide Path Angle: 0.03 °, Elevation At Touchdown Zone: 913.5 ft, Visual Glide Slope Indicators: P2L, Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL): Yes, Controlling Object Description: FENCE, FAA FAR Part 77 Category: D, Object Clear Slope: 0, Object Height: 6 ft, Object Distance From Runway: 200.0 ft, Object Offset From Runway: 460R ft, Runway End Gradient: 0.3, Position Source: ADO (07/08/2014), Elevation Source: NGS (05/24/2009), Touchdown Zone Elevation Source: AVN (04/11/2011)
- Reciprocal End
- Reciprocal End ID: 28, True Alignment: 271, Instrument Landing System (ILS) Type: Instrument landing system, Right Traffic Pattern: No, Runway Markings Type: Precision instrument, Markings Condition: Good, Physical GPS (Degrees): Lat: 43° 01' 53.940'', Lng: -78° 09' 33.740'', Physical GPS (Seconds): Lat: 43.031650, Lng: -78.159372, Physical Elevation: 911 ft, Threshold Crossing Height: 62.0 ft, Glide Path Angle: 0.03 °, Elevation At Touchdown Zone: 910.5 ft, Visual Glide Slope Indicators: P2L, Approach Light System: MALSR, Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL): No, Controlling Object Description: TREES, FAA FAR Part 77 Category: PIR, Object Clear Slope: 43, Object Height: 69 ft, Object Distance From Runway: 3189.0 ft, Object Offset From Runway: 0B ft, Runway End Gradient: 0.3, Position Source: ADO (07/08/2014), Elevation Source: ADO (07/08/2014), Touchdown Zone Elevation Source: AVN (04/14/2011)
National Wildlife Strike Incidents
Comments: OPER = PRIOR AVIATION SERVICES (xxxx-x-xx-xxxxxx)
Comments: OPER = P & L AIR INC
Remarks: DENTED L WING NEAR TIP. NO STRUCTURAL EFFECT.
Comments: OPERATOR = GENESEE LEROY STONE CORP
Remarks: LRG DENT IN NOSE BAGGAGE DOOR ON RT SIDE OF A/C. TIME = 2130LCL.
Comments: OPER = GENESEE-LEROY STONE CORP EXACT DATE NOT REPTD, JUST MO/YR
Remarks: NOT AWARE OF DAMAGE UNTIL ON GROUND. ALUMINUM BAGGAGE DOOR AND INTERIOR FIBERGLASS HONEYCOMB WAS CRACKED. NO WARNING OF BIRDS, BUT PILOT WAS AWARE THAT GULLS POPULATE RWY ENDS.