Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport (UMP) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Information about Operating and Financial Summary, Runways, Icidents
- Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport (UMP)
- No street view available for this location
- See Google Street View
|Why does Indianapolis get a bad rap as a boring city? (662 replies)|
|Indianapolis's population estimates are out! (154 replies)|
|Looks like we will be advertising around Chicago/Cincy/louisville :) (39 replies)|
|What's with the 747 passenger jets at Terminal A? (7 replies)|
|What are the 5 best neighborhoods in Indy? (39 replies)|
Latest news about airports in Indianapolis, IN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
- Aviation forum
Historical Itinerant Operations - Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport
Historical Local Operations - Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport
Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport (UMP)
- Type: Airport, Status: Operational, Acivation Date: 11/01/1961, Runways: 1, Land Area Covered By Airport: 445 acres, Ownership: Publicly owned, Facility Use: Open to public, Site Number: 05370.4*A, Location ID: UMP, Region: Great Lakes, District Office: CHI, Unicom Frequency: 123.000 MHz, Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF): 123.000 MHz, Traffic Pattern Altitude: 1000, Aeronautical sectional chart: St Louis, Tie-In FSS: No, Tie-In FSS ID: HUF, Tie-In FSS Name: Terre Haute, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 811 ft, Elevation determination method: Surveyed, Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (2010-03-26), Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCI, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZID, Boundary ARTCC Name: Indianapolis, Airspace Determination: No Objection, Federal Agreements: NGY, NOTAM Service: Yes, NOTAM Facility ID: HUF, Last Inspection Date: 08/11/2014, Inspection Group: State aeronautical personnel, Inspection Method: State
- State: Indiana, County: Hamilton, City: Indianapolis, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 39° 56' 06.798'', Lng: -86° 02' 41.675'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 39.935222, Lng: -86.044910, GPS determination method: Estimated, Position Source: FAA (2011-10-28), Distance from central business district: 8 mi (NE) Find on map
- Indianapolis Arpt Auth, 7800 Col. H. Weir Cook Mem. Drive, Suite 100, Indianapolis, In 46241-4941, 317-487-9594
- Michael T. Medvescek, 7800 Col H. Weir Cook Mem. Drive, Suite 100, Indianapolis, In 46241-4941, 317-487-5024
- Period: 12/31/2012 - 12/31/2013, Air Taxi Operations: 6,817, Itinerant Operations: 12,433, Local Operations: 19,651, Military Operations: 1,204
- Single Engine Aircraft: 109, Multi Engine Aircraft: 14, Jet Engine Aircraft: 5, Helicopters: 5
- Fuel Types: 100LLA, Magnetic Variation: 3W (Year 1995), Beacon Color: Clear-green (lighted land airport), Bottled Oxygen Type: High pressure, Beacon Schedule: Ss-Sr, Airframe repair service availability/type: Major, Power Plant repair service availability/type: Major, Customs Airport Of Entry: No, Customs Landing Rights: No, Military/civil joint use agreement: No, Military Landing Rights: Yes, Non-Commercial Landing Fee: No, Transient storage: HGR,TIE, Wind direction indicator: Y-L, Segmented circle airport marker system: No, Other services: AMB, CARGO, CHTR, INSTR, RNTL, SALES
- 160 FT STOPWAY N END.
- Base End
- Base End ID: 15, True Alignment: 146, Right Traffic Pattern: No, Runway Markings Type: Non-precision instrument, Markings Condition: Good, Physical GPS (Degrees): Lat: 39° 56' 22.488'', Lng: -86° 02' 55.623'', Physical GPS (Seconds): Lat: 39.939580, Lng: -86.048784, Physical Elevation: 787 ft, Threshold Crossing Height: 43.0 ft, Glide Path Angle: 0.03 °, Elevation At Touchdown Zone: 805.0 ft, Visual Glide Slope Indicators: P4L, Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL): Yes, Controlling Object Description: ROAD, FAA FAR Part 77 Category: Other than utility, Object Clear Slope: 30, Object Height: 11 ft, Object Distance From Runway: 530.0 ft, Object Offset From Runway: B ft, Runway End Gradient: 0.5, Position Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (03/26/2010), Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (03/26/2010), Touchdown Zone Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (03/26/2010)
- Reciprocal End
- Reciprocal End ID: 33, True Alignment: 326, Right Traffic Pattern: No, Runway Markings Type: Non-precision instrument, Markings Condition: Good, Physical GPS (Degrees): Lat: 39° 55' 51.108'', Lng: -86° 02' 27.727'', Physical GPS (Seconds): Lat: 39.930864, Lng: -86.041035, Physical Elevation: 811 ft, Threshold Crossing Height: 27.0 ft, Glide Path Angle: 0.04 °, Elevation At Touchdown Zone: 811.3 ft, Visual Glide Slope Indicators: P4L, Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL): Yes, Controlling Object Description: TREE, FAA FAR Part 77 Category: Other than utility, Object Clear Slope: 35, Object Height: 50 ft, Object Distance From Runway: 1950.0 ft, Object Offset From Runway: 25L ft, Runway End Gradient: 0.5, Position Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (03/26/2010), Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (03/26/2010), Touchdown Zone Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (03/26/2010)
National Wildlife Strike Incidents
Remarks: NO DMG. MX RECEVD A CALL THAT A STRIKE HAD OCCURRED AND AN INSPN WAS REQUESTED. UPON INSPN OF RWY, FOUND THE TURKEY VULTURE.
Comments: RXN OPER = INDIANAPOLIS AVIATION (TIMOTHY YOCKEY)
Remarks: BIRDSTRIKE SECONDS AFTER ROTATION. FLOCK OF KILLDEER RESTING IN GRASS ON N SIDE OF RWY SCATTERED AS A/C APPROACHED THIS AREA MOMENTS AFTER ROTATION. SOME FLEW OVER RWY & INTO OUR FLT PATH. 2 BIRDS WERE HIT FOR CETRTAIN. STRIKE OCCURRED DURING OUR 3RD TOUCH AND GO AND WE RETURNED A/C TO FLO AFTER THAT.
Comments: xxxx-x-xx-xxxxxx OPER = HILL FLYING CLUB (GERRY INKS) RE-ENTERED x/xx/xx
Remarks: OVER ZIONSVILLE, HEARD A LOUD BANG. THOUGHT IT WAS AN ENG PROBLEM. SAW SPLOTCH ON WINDSCREEN. NO DMG.
Comments: SOURCE = FAA AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT/INCIDENT REPT & ASIAS BRIEF REPT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxG
Remarks: BIRDSTRIKE WHILE INBOUND. DIVERTED TO MT COMFORT ARPT, LANDED SAFELY. MINOR DMG. PERSONAL PLEASURE FLT. GENERAL AVIATION.
Comments: OPER = AARON E PIETRAS DATE = POSTMARK
Remarks: NO DAMAAGE
FAA Registered Aircraft: 655 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)