Sandpoint Airport (SZT) in Sandpoint, Idaho
Information about Operating and Financial Summary, Runways, Icidents
- Sandpoint Airport (SZT)
- No street view available for this location
- See Google Street View
|Sandpoint: Post Coldwater Creek (46 replies)|
|The North Idaho Front Porch (3400 replies)|
|Where to go? (14 replies)|
|Torn on the Future of North Idaho (72 replies)|
|Choosing a city to relocate...need your suggestions, please (17 replies)|
|Where to live near Sandpoint- too many decisions!? (25 replies)|
Latest news about airports in Sandpoint, ID collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
- Aviation forum
Historical Itinerant Operations - Sandpoint Airport
Historical Local Operations - Sandpoint Airport
Sandpoint Airport (SZT)
- Type: Airport, Status: Operational, Acivation Date: 04/01/1940, Runways: 1, Land Area Covered By Airport: 104 acres, Ownership: Publicly owned, Facility Use: Open to public, Site Number: 04326.*A, Location ID: SZT, Region: Northwest Mountain, District Office: HLN, Unicom Frequency: 122.700 MHz, Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF): 122.700 MHz, Aeronautical sectional chart: Great Falls, Tie-In FSS: No, Tie-In FSS ID: BOI, Tie-In FSS Name: Boise, Tie-In FSS Toll-Free Number: 1-800-WX-BRIEF, Elevation: 2131 ft, Elevation determination method: Surveyed, Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (2005-12-22), Air traffic control tower: No, Boundary ARTCC (FAA) computer ID: ZCS, Boundary ARTCC ID: ZSE, Boundary ARTCC Name: Seattle, Airspace Determination: Not Analyzed, Federal Agreements: NGY, NOTAM Service: Yes, NOTAM Facility ID: SZT, Last Inspection Date: 09/28/2015, Inspection Group: State aeronautical personnel, Inspection Method: State
- State: Idaho, County: Bonner, City: Sandpoint, GPS (Degrees): Lat: 48° 17' 58.300'', Lng: -116° 33' 36.500'', GPS (Seconds): Lat: 48.299528, Lng: -116.560139, GPS determination method: Estimated, Position Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (2005-12-22), Distance from central business district: 2 mi (N) Find on map
- Bonner County, 1500 Hwy 2, Sandpoint, Id 83864, 208-265-1438
- Dave Schuck, 1500 Hwy 2 Suite 308, Sandpoint, Id 83864, 208-255-9179
- Period: 09/28/2014 - 09/28/2015, Air Taxi Operations: 600, Itinerant Operations: 19,500, Local Operations: 10,000
- Single Engine Aircraft: 61, Multi Engine Aircraft: 10, Helicopters: 2
- Fuel Types: 100LLA, Magnetic Variation: 18E (Year 1995), Beacon Color: Clear-green (lighted land airport), Bottled Oxygen Type: High/Low pressure, Lighting Schedule: See Rmk, Beacon Schedule: Ss-Sr, Airframe repair service availability/type: Major, Power Plant repair service availability/type: Major, Customs Airport Of Entry: No, Customs Landing Rights: No, Military/civil joint use agreement: No, Military Landing Rights: Yes, Non-Commercial Landing Fee: No, Transient storage: HGR,TIE, Wind direction indicator: Y-L, Segmented circle airport marker system: Yes, Other services: CHTR, INSTR, RNTL
- Airspace Determination: ESTABD PRIOR TO 15 MAY 59.
- Base End
- Base End ID: 01, True Alignment: 32, Instrument Landing System (ILS) Type: LOC/DME, Right Traffic Pattern: No, Runway Markings Type: Non-precision instrument, Markings Condition: Good, Physical GPS (Degrees): Lat: 48° 17' 35.371'', Lng: -116° 33' 58.160'', Physical GPS (Seconds): Lat: 48.293159, Lng: -116.566156, Physical Elevation: 2128 ft, Threshold Crossing Height: 28.0 ft, Glide Path Angle: 0.04 °, Elevation At Touchdown Zone: 2131.0 ft, Visual Glide Slope Indicators: P2L, Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL): Yes, Controlling Object Description: TREES, FAA FAR Part 77 Category: Other than utility, Object Clear Slope: 8, Object Height: 80 ft, Object Distance From Runway: 850.0 ft, Object Offset From Runway: 0B ft, Runway End Gradient: 0.1, Position Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (12/22/2005), Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (12/22/2005), Touchdown Zone Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (12/22/2005)
- Reciprocal End
- Reciprocal End ID: 19, True Alignment: 212, Right Traffic Pattern: No, Runway Markings Type: Non-precision instrument, Markings Condition: Good, Physical GPS (Degrees): Lat: 48° 18' 21.321'', Lng: -116° 33' 14.851'', Physical GPS (Seconds): Lat: 48.305923, Lng: -116.554125, Physical Elevation: 2129 ft, Threshold Crossing Height: 50.0 ft, Glide Path Angle: 0.04 °, Elevation At Touchdown Zone: 2131.0 ft, Visual Glide Slope Indicators: P2L, Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL): Yes, Controlling Object Description: TREES, FAA FAR Part 77 Category: Other than utility, Object Clear Slope: 4, Object Height: 90 ft, Object Distance From Runway: 610.0 ft, Object Offset From Runway: 280R ft, Runway End Gradient: 0.1, Position Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (12/22/2005), Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (12/22/2005), Touchdown Zone Elevation Source: 3RD PARTY SURVEY (12/22/2005)
National Wildlife Strike Incidents
Comments: OPERATOR / OWNER = CHRIS WALSH
Remarks: NOSE BOWL DMG.
Comments: OPER = SILVERWING FLIGHT SERVICES SOURCE = FAA ACCIDENT/INCIDENT PRELIM DATA & FULL REPORT & NTSB WPRxxCAxxx
Remarks: DURING THE FLARE, AT NIGHT, A DEER RAN ONTO THE RUNWAY FROM THE GRASS ADJACENT TO THE LEFT RWY EDGE AND HIT THE LEFT HORIZONTAL STABILZIER. THIS CAUSED DAMAGE TO THE ELEVATOR AND EMPENNAGE A SAFE LDG WAS MADE. THE PILOT ABLE TO MAINTAIN DIRECTIONAL CONTROL. FLT WAS INSTRUCTIONAL.
Comments: SOURCE = AAIPN, NTSB LAXxxCAxxx & AON DAILY INCIDENTS & ASRS ACN: xxxxxx OPER = J LEE (UPDATED x/xx/xx WITH ASRS REPT x/xx/xx UPDATED A/C AND ENG DATA: x/xx/xx ADDED PHOTO AND INJURIES)
Remarks: PILOT WAS DOING A TOUCH AND GO LANDINGS. FOLLOWING THE 3RD LDG, RIGHT AT LIFTOFF (70-75 MPH) THE RT WING HIT A DEER. A/C VEERED RIGHT. PILOT LOST CONTROL AND HIT A FENCE. BOTH WINGS WERE DAMAGED, THE EMPENNAGE WAS NEARLY SEPARATED FROM THE FUSELAGE AND WAS BROKEN IN 2 PLACES. SUN HAD SET ABOUT 40 MINUTES PRIOR TO ACCIDENT. A/C WAS DESTROYED. PILOT AND PASSENGER HAD BUMPS AND BRUISES. PHOTO.
Comments: OPERATOR = MIKE PORTER A/C = CHRISTEN EAGLE II (x/x/xx UPDATED A/C)
Remarks: 2 BIRDS STRUCK GUY WIRE AND WERE COMPLETELY DESTROYED. THERE WAS NO A/C DAMAGE (LUCKY).
FAA Registered Aircraft: 131 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)