Well-known across the campus of Brophy College in Phoenix is the Brophy Chapel. The chapel was built in 1928 with the intention of providing a church to the students of the college. The main entrance of the chapel features large wooden doors that were designed with a Spanish influence. This feel of Spanish tradition carries throughout the church. When visitors enter the chapel, there are impressed by the soft light that filters into the space through the stained glass windows. It is in stark contract to the bright Arizona sunshine, giving the space a truly Moorish Catholic influence, much like the dim cathedrals found in Europe.The altar is made of pink tufa stone and has a Mexican baroque feeling. It is framed by a painting of the Holy Family painted by artist Andrea Del Sarto during the fifteenth century. To the right of the altar is a large crucifix and to the left is the sacristy. There are numerous sea shells throughout the chapel, including some carved into the altar and along the walls underneath the windows. The wrought iron chandeliers have a Spanish flavor and are heavy and intricately carved. The chapel is a special destination for religious pilgrims, students of the university, and architectural buffs alike.