Church of St. John Coltrane


Church of St. John Coltrane is located at 1286 Fillmore Street in San Francisco, California. The church was founded during 1971 as One Mind Temple Evolutionary Transitional Body of Christ by Reverand Mother Marina King and Archbishop Franzo King. The two had seen John Coltrane in San Francisco during 1965 and it reminded King of his childhood in the Pentecostal Church. They felt he was more than a jazz musician but had in fact been chosen to guide lost souls to God.

The church has an outreach program on Wednesday mornings from eleven in the morning until one in the afternoon. The Nine Silk Lines West is in the business of creating fashions to speak to a woman's individual soul. Thai silk cloth has been part of the cultural identity for over three thousand years. The cultural identity is reflected in the cloth with the balance of modern classic design, life style and nature.

The Church of St. John Coltrane offers a community outreach program that has been serving the community for almost four decades. The legislature of the state of California has recognized the church for the good work it does by giving the needy and poor free clothing and food.

Review, comment, or add new information about this topic:

CAPTCHA

Discuss San Francisco, California (CA) on our hugely popular California forum.


City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site.  Use at your own risk.
Some parts © 2019 Advameg, Inc.