Located within the Fairmount Cemetery is the Denver landmark Ivy Chapel. The chapel features seating for 225 people, has an organ, keyboard, and sound system. Ivy Chapel was built in 1890, the same year the cemetery opened. The chapel features Ecclesiastical Gothic style architecture. The architecture gives the location a very historic atmosphere for funeral and memorial services. The chapel was designed by Denver architect Henry Ten Eyck Wendell and is now designated an historic Denver landmark.
The Fairmount Cemetery offers a wide variety of guided and self-guided walking tours. A portion of the famous Highline Canal travels through the cemetery and is used by walkers, joggers, and bikers on a daily basis. The location is home to several species of birds, trees, plants, and flowers. Park visitors frequently see fox, deer, and hawks while visiting. The location, which is in the heart of the city is a favorite local spot for enjoying a spring or summer day out in Denver. The nature preserve covers over 280 acres with over 3800 trees. There is also garden adjacent to the Highline Canal. Other facilities on the grounds include the mortuary chapel, mausoleum chapel, and the chapel-in-pines.