The Old Dutch House is one of three houses run by the New Castle Historical Society. The Old Dutch House was built in the 17th century in New Castle, Delaware. It is one of the oldest homes that remain in the entire state. It is a structural house with a Federal look. Renovations have managed to restore the house to its original looks. In the 20th century the house was considered a quaint building. The property had another building before the Old Dutch House was built. George Moore's Log House was built in the 1680s.
The first period of the home was a timber construction, which lasted until 1710. It had an open floor plan with one room. After the 1720s renovation the home became more than two rooms with a slight lean to appearance. A small fireplace in the parlor was also added.
By the 1820s the house was once again changed by a widow to reflect the current Federal style it has today. The house is on Third Street with fireplaces, woodwork, and an open floor plan. It also has a second floor. In 1937 it was purchased by the preservation society to become a museum by 1946.