The Old Plaza Church is located at 535 North Main Street in Los Angeles, California. Known historically as a religious site, the Old Plaza Church is a well known piece of architecture in the greater LA area. The Old Plaza Church was established as a church or chapel in 1784 and is directly across the street from the Plaza. This chapel is the oldest Catholic Church in the city and today operates as an active church under the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
The Old Plaza Church contains a large collection of canvases that cover the altar as well as murals that expand across the ceilings. The interior is known for being ornate and decorative. There are designs made of gold leaf and wrought iron throughout the chapel. The church operates as a place of worship and holds regular mass services. On both Christmas and Easter the church is one of the most popular places to visit in the region. Parking near the church is convenient and accessible even when crowds are large. Street parking is the most common but there are free parking lots behind the church building. The Plaza has easy access to freeways and highways into and out of Los Angeles.