Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the current church known as San Felipe de Neri was built in 1793. The parish by the name, however, dates back more than 300 years. It was established in 1706, when a Franciscan priest, Fray Manuel Moreno, came to Albuquerque along with 30 Catholic families from Bernalillo.
Today, San Felipe de Neri Church is staffed by priests and deacons from the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. The building contains a parish museum of furnishings and religious art that have found a home in the church over the centuries. There is also a gift shop offering reasonably priced religious items and souvenirs. It is open from 9am to 5pm weekdays and from 10am to 3pm on Saturdays.
The main activity of the church, of course, is providing liturgical, pastoral, and educational services to parishioners and visitors. Daily masses are conducted at 7am during the week, with a communion service on Thursdays. Weekend masses are at 5:30pm on Saturday and at 7am, 10:15am, and noon on Sunday. A mass in Spanish is also conducted at 8:30am on Sundays. Reconciliations are from 4pm to 5pm on Saturday or by appointment.
San Felipe de Neri Church is located at 2005 North Plaza NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104. The building also contains a parish school, serving students in pre-kindergarten through the 8th grade.