The Embarcadero of San Francisco, California is found at Port of San Francisco along the eastern waterfront. The Embarcadero was built on top of the seawall in order to reclaim some of the last land. The Embarcadero "right-of-way" begins at Second and King Streets near AT&T Park. The north section passes under San Francisco- Oakland Bay Bridge. There is a sidewalk allowing guests to move about the area between Harrison and Broadway.
The Embarcadero building and landscape was built in 1918 in a Beaux Arts style. In the 1920s the seawall and boundary was not completely finished, but there was enough there to make it a very busy seaport, especially with the Bay Bridge, Trolley Loop, and Ferry Building. Piers 1, 1.5, 3, and 5 all encompass the Central Embarcadero Piers Historic District which was dedicated to inland trade and transport.
During World War II military logistics were highly present with a center for troops, equipment and supplies to move from the port to around the world. The Embarcadero Center has 4 30 to 45 story buildings. There is also the Vaillancourt Fountain at Justin Herman Plaza. Four Embarcadero Center near Ferry Building and Market Street are also close to the fountain.