- All Cities
- Banff - Town
Banff - Town, Alberta, Canada
Banff population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
|This town: || -6.1%|
|Alberta: || 10.6%|
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||178.0|
Other nearby cities
Discuss Banff - Town, Alberta, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Airports in Banff
- Banff Airport (IATA: YBA, ICAO: CYBA)
Newspapers located in this town
Lakes in this town
Schools in Banff
Banff marital status details
Married or living with a common-law partner
|Alberta:||59.7%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 3,710
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Banff
Knowledge of official languages in Banff
First official language spoken in Banff
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Airports inside this town
- Banff (Park Compound) Heliport (TC LID: CBP2)
- Banff Airport (ICAO: CYBA)
- Banff Mineral Springs (Hospital) Heliport (TC LID: CBM7)
Companies Located in this town
- Abenteuer Resources Corp.
- ARVANA INC.
- CB Gold Inc.
- CROSSHAIR EXPLORATION & MINING CORP.
- GHK RESOURCES LTD.
- Intelligent Living Corp.
- Ondine Biomedical Inc.
- Petromin Resources Ltd
- Stingray Copper Inc.
- Van Arbor Canadian Advantage Fund
Federal Corporations inside this town
- CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR DISABLED SKIING -
- 3418685 CANADA INC.
- 6497322 CANADA INC.
- 6646107 CANADA INC.
- academyBanff Language Training Corp.
- BRADBOURNE LIMITED
- GESTION ERIC - BERNARD (2011) INC.
- LeaderCity Canada
- QUORN CAPITAL CORP.
- Reframe Leadership Inc.
Hospitals Located in this town
- Banff Mineral Springs Hospital
Ski areas located in this town
- Sunshine Village
- Lake Louise Ski Resort
- Mt. Norquay
Universities in this town
- Banff International Research Station for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery
- Banff Centre
IUCN protected areas located in Banff
- Mount Assiniboine Provincial Park
Famous people related to BanffFamous people born here:
Home town of:
- Ryan Smyth (Ice Hockey Player)
- John Parmenter Robarts (Politician)
- Garde Gardom, (Politician)
- Chris Loseth (Horseracing)
- Kevin Smyth (Ice Hockey Player)
- Gord Stafford (Ice Hockey Player)
- Ed Ryan (NFL Player)
- Bill Brewster (Politician)
Death place of:
Burial place of:
- Arthur Oliver Wheeler
- Bill Peyto
Sports teams located in Banff
- Banff Hockey Academy Icemen (Hockey)
Federal Corporations In Banff
- 3418685 CANADA INC. (435 BANFF AVE, Directors: LESLEY ANN CARDINAL, MARK WACLAWIK)
- CANADIAN CO CO TOURS, INC. (BOX 53, 205-220 BEAR STREET, Directors: KAZU WAKATSUKI, SHINTARO WAKATSUKI)
- Stonehouse Sound Inc. (111 Banff Ave., Directors: ERIN ELIZABETH DONOVAN, JOHN DAVID SOUTHERN ADAMS)
- 6497322 CANADA INC. (435 Banff Avenue, Box 928, Directors: MARK WACLAWIK)
- 6646107 CANADA INC. (202-216 Banff Ave, Directors: ERDA SIEGLINDE WALSH, GERALD ALBERT WALSH)
- 6835210 CANADA INC. (435 Banff Ave, Directors: LESLEYANN CARDINAL)
- QUORN CAPITAL CORP. (35 ANTELOPE LANE, Directors: RICHARD G. DORMON)
- BRADBOURNE LIMITED (35 ANTELOPE LANE, PO BOX 518, Directors: ELIZABETH E. DORMON)
- Reframe Leadership Inc. (129 B CAVE AVENUE, P.O. Box: 2206, Directors: LARRY ROY HULSMANS)
- GESTION ERIC - BERNARD (2011) INC. (2, Mail Box 4380-119 Cave Avenue, Directors: Bernard St-Onge, Eric St-Onge)
- Limb-Beau Bodyworks Corp. (165 Marmot Crescent, Directors: CAROL PEARSON)
- academyBanff Language Training Corp. (248 Kluane Drive, Directors: JERROLD MCGRATH)
- CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR DISABLED SKIING - (BANFF AB T0L 0C0, Canada, Directors: ALLEN MATILE, BRIAN FORRESTER, JEFF LAIDLAW, KIM ATKINS, RICK MARTELLACCI, ROB SYKES, SUSAN HUGHES)
- LeaderCity Canada (107 TUNNEL MOUNTAIN DRIVE, Directors: AL HATTON, CAROLYN CAMPBELL, FRANCOISE MORISSETTE, JACK GRAHAM, SARAH ILEY, SERGE ROCHETTE)
- 3658392 CANADA INC. (329 MIDDLE SPRINGS DRIVE, P O Box 1571, Directors: Paul David Sylvestre)
Age characteristics of Banff Median age of the population
|Province:||36.5|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Museums located in Banff
- Walter Phillips Gallery
- Whyte Museum
- All Cities
- Banff - Town
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.