- All Cities
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Belleville population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||48.0|
Other nearby cities
- Prince Edward - City (pop. 25,258, 37.6 km)
- Brighton (pop. 5,935, 25.4 km)
- Picton (pop. 4,487, 34.3 km)
- Campbellford (pop. 3,493, 27.1 km)
- Deseronto (pop. 2,259, 35.0 km)
- Stirling (pop. 2,173, 13.0 km)
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Belleville
Labour, occupation and industry details for Belleville
Mode of transportation to work
Earnings and income details for Belleville
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|This city:||24,618 CAD|
|Province:||29,335 CAD|Median income in 2005
|Ontario:||27,258 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Discuss Belleville, Ontario, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Citizenship and immigration
Belleville citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population Total: 3,440
|Ontario:||23.0%|Aboriginal identity population
This city Minority Population Characteristics
This city marital status details Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 45,590
|Ontario:||59.8%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 32,330
This city - Marital Status
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Belleville
Knowledge of official languages in this city
First official language spoken in Belleville
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
Belleville mobility details
This city - Place of residence in 2005
Belleville - Place of residence in 2001
Education in this city
Education attainment in this city
Airports Located in Belleville
- Belleville Airport (TC LID: CNU4)
Colleges Located in this city
Companies inside this city
- Bioniche Life Sciences Inc.
- Journey's End Brandon Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Brossard and Company, Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Levis and Company, Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Number Two Master and Company, Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Rimouski and Company, Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Rouyn-Noranda and Company, Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Sainte Foy and Company, Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Swift Current Limited Partnership
- Journey's End Thunder Bay Limited Partnership
Federal Corporations Located in this city
- 127881 CANADA INC.
- 7250606 CANADA INC.
- B AND H OPTICAL CANADA INC.
- Bryan Emmerson Family Investments Ltd.
- EMS-TECH INC.
- IKON SPIRITS INC.
- MARACLE-ELMY PROGRESSIVE FOUNDATION FOR WOMEN
- Piers Group Financial Inc.
- STANDARD CHURCH OF AMERICA
- THE WESLEYAN CHURCH OF CANADA
Radio stations Located in Belleville
- CHCQ-FM (100)
- CIGL-FM (97.1)
- CJBQ-AM (800)
- CJLX-FM (92.3)
- CJOJ-FM (95.5)
- CKJJ-FM (102.3)
Age characteristics of Belleville Median age of the population
|Ontario:||40.4|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Noteworthy people related to BellevilleNoteworthy people born here:
Home town of:
- Herbert Henry Dow (Scientist)
- Richard Thomas Potter (Politician)
- Henry Corby (Politician)
Death place of:
Burial place of:
Schools in Belleville
- Nicholson Catholic College (301 CHURCH ST, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 598)
- Queen Victoria School (46 Pine St, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 296)
- St Theresa Catholic Secondary School (135 Adam St, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 749)
- Sir James Whitney Provincial School for the Deaf Elementary (350 Dundas St W, Gradespan: JK-8)
- Hillcrest Public School (88 West St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 107)
- Sir James Whitney Provincial School for (350 Dundas St W, Gradespan: 9-12)
- Harmony Public School (626 Harmony Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 415)
- St Michael Catholic School (273 Church St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 429)
- Bayside Public School (132 Aikens Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 521)
- Holy Rosary Catholic School (10 Prince of Wales Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 221)
- Sir James Whitney/Sagonaska Secondary School (350 Dundas St W, Gradespan: Pre-12)
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School (300 Sidney St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 191)
- Moira Secondary School (275 Farley Ave, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 749)
- Foxboro Public School (658 Ashley St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 327)
- Massassaga-Rednersville Public School (1115 County Road 3, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 132)
- 15 more...
- All Cities
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2015 Advameg, Inc.