- All Cities
Canmore, Alberta, Canada
This city population and dwellings statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
|Province:||10.8%|2001 to 2006 population change
Total private dwellings:
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||1,555.0|
Other nearby cities
- Banff (pop. 7,584, 20.8 km)
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Canmore
Labour, occupation and industry details for Canmore
Mode of transportation to work
Earnings and income details for Canmore
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|Alberta:||29,738 CAD|Median income in 2005
|Alberta:||28,896 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Discuss Canmore, Alberta, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Schools in Canmore
IUCN protected areas located in this city
- Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park
- Ghost River Wilderness Area
- Kananaskis Country - Bow Valley Provincial Park
- Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- Spray Valley Provincial Park
Sports teams located in Canmore
- Bow Valley Eagles (Hockey)
Noteworthy people related to this cityFamous people born here:
Home town of:
- Brendan Connolly (Ice Hockey Player)
- Eric Hjorleifson (Sportsman)
- Alex Kaleta (Ice Hockey Player)
- Joseph V. Charyk (Politician)
- Rosanna Crawford (Skier)
- John Michaluk (Ice Hockey Player)
- Tristan Tafel (Sportsman)
- Percy Jackson (Ice Hockey Player)
Death place of:
Resting place of:
- Ronald Earl Ansley (Politician)
- Annis Stukus (Football)
- Hans Gmoser
This city marital status details
Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 6,485
|Province:||59.3%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 3,940
Families and households characteristics
Language details for this city
Knowledge of official languages in this city
First official language spoken in Canmore
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
This city mobility details
This city - Place of residence in 2005
Canmore - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Canmore
Education attainment in this city
Companies inside this city
- Sterling Leaf Income Trust
Federal Corporations inside this city
- 4177703 CANADA INC.
- 7701586 CANADA INC.
- BARBECK Marketplace Corp.
- Canmore/Kananaskis Chamber of Commerce
- FOURTECH ENTERPRISES INC.
- LES INVESTISSEMENTS NEUTRAL INC.
- National Mountain Centre -
- PATAGONIA TRAVEL COMPANY LTD.
- ROCKY-PEAK HOLIDAYS LTD.
- THE NATIONAL TRAIL ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
Hospitals Located in Canmore
Radio stations inside this city
Museums in this city
- Canmore Museum and Geoscience Centre
Newspapers in this city
Age characteristics of Canmore Median age of the population
Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Citizenship and immigration
Canmore citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population Total: 725
|Alberta:||13.7%|Aboriginal identity population
Canmore Minority Population Characteristics
Radio stations located in this city
- All Cities
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.