- All Cities
Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
Collingwood population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||196.0|
Other nearby cities
- Barrie (pop. 187,013, 39.1 km)
- Midland (pop. 35,419, 40.1 km)
- Wasaga Beach - Town (pop. 17,537, 13.0 km)
- Penetanguishene - Town (pop. 9,111, 39.1 km)
- Angus - Borden CFB-BFC (pop. 8,603, 35.1 km)
- Blue Mountains - Town (pop. 6,453, 14.0 km)
Earnings and income details for Collingwood
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|This city:||22,018 CAD|
|Province:||29,335 CAD|Median income in 2005
|This city:||24,139 CAD|
|Ontario:||27,258 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in this city
Labour, occupation and industry details for this city
Mode of transportation to work
Discuss Collingwood, Ontario, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Age characteristics of this city Median age of the population
|Ontario:||40.4|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Ski areas in Collingwood
Citizenship and immigration
This city citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population Total: 375
|Ontario:||23.0%|Aboriginal identity population Total: 250
This city Minority Population Characteristics
Schools located in this city
- Collingwood Collegiate Institute (6 Cameron St, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,395)
- St Marys Separate School (18 Saunders St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 373)
- Nottawa Elementary School (81 Batteaux Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 248)
- Connaught Public School (300 Peel St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 285)
- Collingwood Campus (180 Ontario St, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 37)
- Admiral Collingwood Elementary School (15 Dey Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 449)
- Mountain View Public School (300 Spruce St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 386)
- Cameron Street Public School (575 Cameron St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 345)
- Jean Vanier Catholic High School (160 Collins St, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 705)
Collingwood marital status details Married or living with a common-law partner
|Province:||59.8%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 7,265
Collingwood - Marital Status
Families and households characteristics
Language details for this city
Knowledge of official languages in this city
First official language spoken in this city
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
This city mobility details
Collingwood - Place of residence in 2005
Collingwood - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Collingwood
Education attainment in this city
Companies inside this city
Federal Corporations Located in this city
- 3165299 CANADA INC.
- 7271221 CANADA INC.
- 7945795 CANADA INC.
- BMP Technologies Inc.
- D.J. RIPLEY HEALTH SERVICES LTD.
- IN.GENU DESIGN GROUP INC.
- Landmarc Import Company ltd.
- MT Mechanical, Inc.
- RGO Enterprises Inc.
- THE COLLINGWOOD GENERAL AND MARINE HOSPITAL
- 3898598 Canada Inc.
Hospitals inside this city
- Collingwood General And Marine Hospital
Radio stations inside this city
Famous people related to this cityBirthplace of:
Home town of:
Death place of:
Burial place of:
- Thomas Farrow (Politician)
- All Cities
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.