- All Cities
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Guelph population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
|Ontario:||5.7%|2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||434.0|
Other nearby cities
- Kitchener (pop. 477,160, 17.3 km)
- Burlington - City (pop. 175,779, 36.4 km)
- Cambridge - City (pop. 126,748, 19.3 km)
- Waterloo - City (pop. 98,780, 27.5 km)
- Milton - Town (pop. 84,362, 22.8 km)
- Caledon - Town (pop. 59,460, 39.2 km)
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Guelph
Labour, occupation and industry details for Guelph
Mode of transportation to work
Earnings and income details for Guelph
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|Ontario:||29,335 CAD|Median income in 2005
|This city:||30,397 CAD|
|Ontario:||27,258 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Discuss Guelph, Ontario, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Sports teams located in this city
- Guelph Royals (Baseball)
- Guelph Gryphons women's ice hockey (Hockey)
Albums recorded in Guelph
Noteworthy people related to this cityFamous people born in Guelph:
Home town of:
- James Kirkpatrick Kerr (Politician)
Death place of:
- Katherine Bobak (Figure Skater)
- Gavin Smith (Poker Player)
Resting place of:
- Jim Cockman (MLB Player)
- Emma Churchill
- Nathaniel Higinbotham (Politician)
- James Ross (Politician)
- James Schroder (Politician)
- Ivan Wilfred Thrasher (Politician)
Government agencies located in Guelph
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Agricultural Research Institute of Ontario
Guelph marital status details
Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 68,895
|Ontario:||57.7%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 47,420
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Guelph
Knowledge of official languages in this city
First official language spoken in this city
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
Guelph mobility details
This city - Place of residence in 2005
Guelph - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Guelph
Education attainment in this city
Airports inside this city
- Guelph Airport (TC LID: CNC4)
Companies inside this city
- Armtec Infrastructure Inc.
- Armtec Infrastructure Income Fund
- Co-operators General Insurance Company
- EMJ Data Systems Ltd.
- Green Environmental Technologies Inc.
- GUARD Inc.
- Hammond Power Solutions Inc.
- Linamar Corporation
- Skyjack Inc.
- Sleeman Breweries Ltd.
Federal Corporations Located in this city
- 148697 CANADA INC.
- 7217528 CANADA INC.
- Adamsons United Inc.
- CAN-TEX PROTECTIVE SYSTEMS INC.
- DELCEG ENTERPRISES INC.
- GRONIK INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- JVL-Teck Solutions Inc.
- OPPORTUNITY VILLAGE
- Sandbox Software Solutions Inc.
- THE GIDEONS INTERNATIONAL IN CANADA
Hospitals Located in Guelph
- Guelph General Hospital
- Homewood Health Centre
- St. Joseph's Health Centre
Radio stations inside this city
- CFRU-FM (91.3)
- CIMJ-FM (106.1)
- CJOY-AM (1460)
Universities Located in Guelph
Age characteristics of Guelph Median age of the population
|Province:||40.4|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Citizenship and immigration
Guelph citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population
|Province:||22.7%|Aboriginal identity population
This city Minority Population Characteristics
Schools located in this city
- Mitchell Woods Public School (670 Willow Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 502)
- St James Catholic School (57 Victoria Rd N, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,098)
- St Patrick Catholic School (391 Victoria Road North, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 365)
- École élémentaire L'Odyssée (30 rue Brighton, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 85)
- Gateway Drive Public School (33 Gateway Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 281)
- St Joseph Catholic School (1, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 265)
- June Avenue Public School (30 June Ave, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 219)
- Ken Danby Public School (525 Grange Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 612)
- Willow Road Public School (125 Willow Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 478)
- Victory Public School (135 Exhibition St, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 443)
- Waverley Drive Public School (140 Waverley Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 449)
- St Francis of Assisi Catholic School (287 Imperial Rd S, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 429)
- Holy Rosary Catholic School (365 Stevenson St N, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 270)
- Centennial Collegiate and Vocational Institute (289 College Ave W, Gradespan: Pre-12, Enrollment: 1,515)
- Mary Phelan Catholic School (8 Bishop Crt, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 291)
- 35 more...
- All Cities
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.