- All Cities
- Newmarket - Town
Newmarket - Town, Ontario, Canada
This town population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||1,256.0|
Other nearby cities
- Toronto - City (pop. 2,615,060, 37.6 km)
- Markham - Town (pop. 301,709, 22.9 km)
- Vaughan - City (pop. 288,301, 25.2 km)
- Richmond Hill - Town (pop. 185,541, 16.5 km)
- Barrie - City (pop. 135,711, 39.6 km)
- Ajax - Town (pop. 109,600, 40.0 km)
Earnings and income details for Newmarket
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|This town:||34,610 CAD|
|Province:||29,335 CAD|Median income in 2005
|This town:||32,572 CAD|
|Ontario:||27,258 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this town
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Newmarket
Labour, occupation and industry details for this town
Mode of transportation to work
Discuss Newmarket - Town, Ontario, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Federal Corporations In This Town
- PRINT-O-PLAST (POP) LTD. (390 DAVIS DRIVE, SUITE 200 ,, Directors: SOL BIENSTOCK)
- Reverse Management Associates Inc. (345 Kirby Crescent, Directors: Randy Flewelling)
- COMMSpec Satellites Inc. (76 Peevers Crescent, Directors: David Cooper)
- 7691971 Canada Inc. (488 London Road, Directors: John Henry Miller)
- LENNTECH INC. (664 COLLEGE MANOR DR, Directors: QING HUI SHEN)
- THE FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT ANGLICAN CHURCHES OF NORTH AMERICA (113 WARWICK CRESCENT, Directors: CAROLYN PUERSTEN, DORIAN BAXTER, JIM PUERSTEN, JOYCE LEE, PHIL HARRISON)
- A & T's Protect All Coatings Inc. (411 William Dunn Cres, Directors: ANTHONY TURCO)
- LASSOSOFT INC. (12 VINCENT STREET, Directors: SEAN STEPHENS)
- Royal Canadian Butlers Association (64 SAWMILL VALLEY DRIVE, Directors: CRAIG S. Billingsley, DAVID STRATTON, KERRY L. STRATTON, SUSAN M. BILLINGSLEY)
- NEWROADS AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LTD. (18100 YONGE STREET, Directors: DERYCK G GILPIN, MICHAEL CROXON, NOEL CROXON)
- Perfectly Plush Inc. (1228 Gorham Street, Unit 15, Directors: BROOKE A. MEDEIROS, JOSE G. MEDEIROS)
- NotYetFamous Inc. (936 Portminster Crt., Directors: HOKAN COLTING)
- BARCLAY MECHANICAL INCORPORATED (1025 NELLIE LITTLE CRES, Directors: M ICHAEL J BARCLAY)
- THE 404 DENTAL HYGIENE CORP. (1091 GORHAM STREET, SUITE 108, Directors: STUART STRANKS)
- Daycore Engineering Inc. (469 WILLIAM DUNN CRES., Directors: WILLIAM CHARLES BARRY DAY)
Noteworthy people related to NewmarketBirthplace of:
Home town of:
Death place of:
Burial place of:
This town marital status details Married or living with a common-law partner
|Province:||55.7%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 27,015
Newmarket - Marital Status
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Newmarket
Knowledge of official languages in Newmarket
First official language spoken in Newmarket
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
Newmarket mobility details
Newmarket - Place of residence in 2005
Newmarket - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Newmarket
Education attainment in this town
Companies Located in Newmarket
- AIRBOSS OF AMERICA CORP.
- Altus Group Income Fund
- Altus Group Limited
- Asian Television Network International Limited
- Compressario Corporation
- Enviro Waste Technologies Inc.
- Innovadent Technologies Ltd.
- Intier Automotive Inc.
- ITOK Capital Corp.
- Sentry Resources Corporation
Federal Corporations Located in this town
- 6071791 CANADA INC.
- 6705162 CANADA INC.
- 7679769 Canada Inc.
- AJD Computer Services Inc.
- Canadian Imaging Trade Association
- FIRE-BALL INDUSTRIES INC.
- James Graham Consulting Incorporated
- NEWMARKET & AURORA CHINESE ASSOCIATION
- Reverse Management Associates Inc.
- Ti-Max Education Inc.
Radio stations Located in this town
- CHOP-FM (102.7)
- CKDX-FM (88.5)
Schools located in this town
- St John Chrysostom Catholic Elementary School (800 Joe Persechini Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 391)
- Rogers Public School (256 Rogers Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 464)
- Bogart Public School (855 College Manor Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 503)
- Sacred Heart Catholic High School (1 Crusader Way, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,297)
- Prince Charles Public School (684 Srigley St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 292)
- Alexander Muir Public School (75 Ford Wilson Blvd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 538)
- Poplar Bank Public School (400 Woodspring Ave, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 684)
- Dr John M Denison Secondary School (135 Bristol Rd, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,134)
- J L R Bell Public School (121 Queen St, Gradespan: JK-5, Enrollment: 118)
- St Nicholas Catholic Elementary School (480 Keith Ave, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 367)
- Notre Dame Catholic Elementary School (715 Kingsmere Ave, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 686)
- Denne Public School (330 Burford St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 354)
- Huron Heights Secondary School (40 Huron Heights Dr, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,709)
- St Paul Catholic Elementary School (140 William Roe Blvd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 191)
- Armitage Village Public School (125 Savage Rd, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 548)
- 13 more...
Age characteristics of this town Median age of the population
|Province:||40.4|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Citizenship and immigration
This town citizenship and immigration Details
Total visible minority population
Aboriginal identity population Total: 585
This town Minority Population Characteristics
- All Cities
- Newmarket - Town
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.