- All Cities
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Oshawa population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
|Province:||5.7%|2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||390.0|
Other nearby cities
- Ajax - Town (pop. 109,600, 25.4 km)
- Pickering - City (pop. 88,721, 30.7 km)
- Port Hope (pop. 16,214, 29.0 km)
- Uxbridge (pop. 11,531, 33.3 km)
- Port Perry (pop. 8,981, 22.2 km)
- Millbrook (pop. 1,632, 31.0 km)
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in this city
Labour, occupation and industry details for this city
Mode of transportation to work
Earnings and income details for this city
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|Province:||29,335 CAD|Median income in 2005
|This city:||32,005 CAD|
|Ontario:||27,258 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Discuss Oshawa, Ontario, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Citizenship and immigration
This city citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population Total: 33,700
|Ontario:||23.0%|Aboriginal identity population
Oshawa Minority Population Characteristics
Famous people related to OshawaBirthplace of:
Home town of:
- Stan Cockerton (Lacrosse Player)
- Vince Lynch (Musical Artist)
- Greg Kean
Death place of:
Resting place of:
- R. Samuel McLaughlin
- Robert McLaughlin (Politician)
- Thomas Nicholson Gibbs (Politician)
Age characteristics of this city Median age of the population
Percent of the population aged 15 and over
This city marital status details
Married or living with a common-law partner
Not married and not living with a common-law partner
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Oshawa
Knowledge of official languages in Oshawa
First official language spoken in Oshawa
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
Oshawa mobility details
This city - Place of residence in 2005
This city - Place of residence in 2001
Education in this city
Education attainment in this city
Airports inside this city
- Oshawa Airport (ICAO: CYOO)
- Toronto/Oshawa Municipal Airport (Oshawa Airport) (ICAO: CYOO)
Colleges inside this city
Federal Corporations inside this city
- 7273801 CANADA LTD.
- 7029292 CANADA INC.
- 7635494 Canada Inc.
- Adoro Studios, Inc.
- Crossroads Shopping Network Inc.
- Extreme Cleanup Inc.
- Haydon Mills Capital Co. Ltd.
- LECALA SALES INC.
- Oshawa Industrial Capital Group Limited
- Strongman Media Inc.
Hospitals Located in this city
Radio stations Located in this city
- CKDO-FM (107.7)
- CKGE-FM (94.9)
Universities Located in this city
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Trent University
This city schools
- Glen Street Public School (929 Glen St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 372)
- Monsignor John Pereyma Catholic Secondary School (316 Conant St, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 760)
- DCE - Under 21 Collegiate Institute and Vocational School (120 Centre Street South, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 34)
- Mary Street Community School (110 Mary St N, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 152)
- St Joseph Catholic School (1200 Summerwood Heights, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 486)
- O'Neill Collegiate and Vocational Institute (301 Simcoe St N, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,322)
- Vincent Massey Public School (211 Harmony Rd N, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 344)
- Coronation Public School (441 Adelaide Ave E, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 435)
- John XXIII Catholic School (195 Athabasca St, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 335)
- Harmony Heights Public School (590 Galahad Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 390)
- R S Mclaughlin Collegiate and Vocational Institute (570 Stevenson Rd N, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,083)
- Kedron Public School (1935 Ritson Rd N, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 437)
- Monsignor Paul Dwyer Catholic High School (700 Stevenson Rd N, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 1,155)
- Campbell Children's School (600 Townline Rd S, Gradespan: JK-6)
- Lakewoods Public School (323 Chaleur Ave, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 366)
- 39 more...
Libraries located in Oshawa
Sports teams located in this city
- Oshawa Dodgers (Baseball)
- All Cities
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.