- All Cities
- British Columbia
Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
This city population and dwellings statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private dwellings:
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||520.0|
Other nearby cities
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Squamish
Labour, occupation and industry details for this city
Mode of transportation to work
Earnings and income details for Squamish
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|This city:||29,954 CAD|
|British Columbia:||25,722 CAD|Median income in 2005
|This city:||30,068 CAD|
|Province:||24,867 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Discuss Squamish, British Columbia, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Age characteristics of this city Median age of the population
|British Columbia:||41.9|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Universities in Squamish
- Capilano University
- Quest University Canada
Noteworthy people related to SquamishBirthplace of:
Home town of:
- Daniel Cudmore
- Joe Eppele (CFL Player)
Death place of:
Burial place of:
Citizenship and immigration
Squamish citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population
|British Columbia:||24.2%|Female: 1,305
|British Columbia:||25.3%|Aboriginal identity population Total: 800
|British Columbia:||4.8%|Male: 435
This city Minority Population Characteristics
Squamish marital status details Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 8,580
|British Columbia:||57.9%|Male: 4,270
|British Columbia:||59.4%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 5,515
Squamish - Marital Status
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Squamish
Knowledge of official languages in Squamish
First official language spoken in this city
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
This city mobility details
This city - Place of residence in 2005
Squamish - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Squamish
Education attainment in this city
Airports Located in Squamish
- Squamish Airport (ICAO: CYSE)
Federal Corporations inside this city
- 6378226 CANADA LTD.
- Atwell Peak Sports Retreat Inc.
- Tantalus Geoscience Services Inc.
- 6541071 CANADA LTD.
- 7930291 CANADA CORP.
- CLEAR IMPACT CONSULTING INC.
- COMMUNITY FUTURES DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF HOWE SOUND
- Formula Photographic Inc.
- Garco Ventures Ltd.
- MARILYN D. RUBIN SALES AND SERVICE INC.
- Squamish Chamber of Commerce
Hospitals inside this city
- Squamish General Hospital
Universities inside this city
Sports teams located in Squamish
- Squamish Wolf Pack (Hockey)
Mountains located in Squamish
Airports located in Squamish
- Squamish Airport (IATA: YSE, ICAO: CYSE)
IUCN protected areas in Squamish
- Garibaldi Provincial Park
- Murrin Provincial Park
Lakes in Squamish
Radio stations located in Squamish
- CISQ-FM (107.1 MHz)
- VF2467 (88.1 MHz)
This city schools
- Cedar Valley Waldorf School (PO Box 5356, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 62)
- Sea to Sky StrongStart Centre (PO Box 1040, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Howe Sound Outreach School (Box 99, Gradespan: 10-12, Enrollment: 76)
- Ecole Squamish Elementary (PO Box 1040, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 404)
- Squamish Montessori Elementary (PO Box 5320, Gradespan: K-4, Enrollment: 44)
- Valleycliffe StrongStart Centre (PO Box 2240 STN Main, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Reconnect Alternative Programs (PO Box 818, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 76)
- Valleycliffe Elementary (PO Box 2240, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 168)
- Howe Sound Secondary (PO Box 99 STN Main, Gradespan: 10-12, Enrollment: 616)
- Stawamus Elementary (PO Box 640, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 96)
- All Cities
- British Columbia
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.