- All Cities
Timmins, Ontario, Canada
Timmins population and dwellings statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private dwellings:
|Here: || -1.6%|
|Province: || 6.6%|
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||14.1|Earnings and income details for Timmins
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|Province:||29,335 CAD|Median income in 2005
|Province:||27,258 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Timmins
Labour, occupation and industry details for Timmins
Mode of transportation to work
Discuss Timmins, Ontario, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Citizenship and immigration
This city citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population Total: 510
|Province:||23.0%|Aboriginal identity population Total: 3,280
Timmins Minority Population Characteristics
Timmins marital status details Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 21,375
|Ontario:||55.7%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 14,325
This city - Marital Status
Families and households characteristics
Language details for this city
Knowledge of official languages in this city
First official language spoken in this city
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
This city mobility details
Timmins - Place of residence in 2005
This city - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Timmins
Education attainment in this city
Airports Located in this city
- Timmins/Victor M. Power Airport (ICAO: CYTS)
- Timmins (Timmins & District Hospital) Heliport (TC LID: CTM6)
- Timmins/Porcupine Lake Water Aerodrome (TC LID: CPW5)
Colleges Located in this city
Companies Located in Timmins
- MONETA PORCUPINE MINES INC.
Federal Corporations Located in Timmins
- 7066848 CANADA INC.
- 106205 CANADA LTD.
- 4531591 CANADA INC.
- 6798667 CANADA INC.
- 7774281 CANADA CORP.
- DHebert Consulting Services Ltd.
- Fragmented Mind LTD.
- LOUIS LECOURS HOLDINGS LTD.
- Northern Maintenance and Installation inc.
- TIMMINS BUILDING SUPPLIES INC.
Hospitals inside this city
- Timmins & District Hospital
Radio stations Located in this city
- CHIM-FM (102.3)
- CHMT-FM (93.1)
- CHYK-FM (104.1)
- CJQQ-FM (92.1)
- CJWT-FM (106.7)
- CKGB-FM (99.3)
TV Stations Located in this city
Age characteristics of this city Median age of the population
|Ontario:||40.4|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
- Golden Avenue Public School (Box 2003, 117 Golden Avenue, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 198)
- École catholique Jacques-Cartier (377 rue Maple Nord, Gradespan: JK-4, Enrollment: 150)
- PACE (206 Third Avenue, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 58)
- Schumacher Public School (Bag 919, 64 Croatia Ave, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 147)
- École catholique Anicet-Morin (1070 avenue Power, Gradespan: 4-8, Enrollment: 309)
- La Clef (Édifice D, 896 promenade Riverside, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 46)
- École secondaire Renaissance (301 rue Shirley N, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 109)
- École catholique Don-Bosco (400 boulevard Lonergan, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 290)
- École publique Pavillon Renaissance (301 rue Shirley, Gradespan: 7-8, Enrollment: 61)
- École catholique St-Gérard (59 avenue Sterling Est, Gradespan: JK-4, Enrollment: 125)
- Timmins Centennial Public School (545 Wilcox St, Gradespan: JK-6)
- Sacred Heart School (401 Cedar St S, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 243)
- École secondaire catholique Theriault (CP 2006, 341 boulevard Thériault, Gradespan: 9-12, Enrollment: 838)
- O'Gorman Intermediate Catholic School (490 MacLean Dr, Gradespan: 7-8, Enrollment: 183)
- École catholique St-Charles (120 avenue Kent, Gradespan: 5-8, Enrollment: 104)
- 15 more...
- All Cities
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.