- All Cities
- British Columbia
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
Vernon population and dwellings statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private dwellings:
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||69.0|
Other nearby cities
- Kelowna (pop. 179,839, 39.8 km)
- Duck Lake (pop. 6,281, 31.3 km)
- Armstrong (pop. 4,830, 19.4 km)
- Enderby (pop. 2,932, 32.0 km)
- Lumby (pop. 1,731, 30.2 km)
Earnings and income details for Vernon
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|This city:||22,513 CAD|
|British Columbia:||25,722 CAD|Median income in 2005
|Province:||24,867 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Vernon
Labour, occupation and industry details for this city
Mode of transportation to work
Discuss Vernon, British Columbia, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Age characteristics of Vernon Median age of the population
Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Notable people related to VernonFamous people born in Vernon:
Home town of:
- Leonard Marchand (Politician)
- Raymond Wladichuk (NFL Player)
Death place of:
Burial place of:
Citizenship and immigration
Vernon citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population Total: 2,030
|British Columbia:||24.8%|Male: 1,010
|British Columbia:||24.2%|Female: 1,020
|Province:||25.3%|Aboriginal identity population Total: 3,375
|British Columbia:||4.8%|Male: 1,655
|British Columbia:||4.7%|Female: 1,725
This city Minority Population Characteristics
- W L Seaton Secondary (2701 41 Ave, Gradespan: 8-12, Enrollment: 799)
- Continuing Ed SD 22 (2901 29 St, Gradespan: 11-12, Enrollment: 75)
- Clarence Fulton Secondary (2301 Fulton Rd, Gradespan: 8-12, Enrollment: 767)
- Silver Star Elementary (1401-35 Ave., Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 355)
- Harwood Elementary (4320 20 St, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 394)
- 6 Mile Alternate (2901 29 St, Gradespan: 10-12, Enrollment: 2)
- Alexis Park StrongStart Centre (4520 35 St, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Ellison Elementary (PO Box 2400, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 339)
- B X Elementary (5849 Silver Star Rd, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 423)
- Vernon Secondary (2303 18 St, Gradespan: 8-12, Enrollment: 928)
- Hillview Elementary (1822 Francis St, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 304)
- Open Door Alternate School (2901 29 St, Gradespan: 10-12, Enrollment: 56)
- Harwood StrongStart Centre (4320 20 St, Gradespan: Pre-K)
- Kalamalka Secondary (7900 McClounie Rd, Gradespan: 8-12, Enrollment: 655)
- Okanagan Landing Elementary (7322 Grant Rd, Gradespan: K-7, Enrollment: 355)
- 9 more...
Vernon marital status details
Married or living with a common-law partner
Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 20,500
|British Columbia:||42.1%|Male: 8,995
|British Columbia:||40.6%|Female: 11,505
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Vernon
Knowledge of official languages in this city
First official language spoken in this city
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
Vernon mobility details
This city - Place of residence in 2005
Vernon - Place of residence in 2001
Education in Vernon
Education attainment in this city
Airports Located in this city
- Vernon Regional Airport (ICAO: CYVK)
- Vernon/Wildlife Water Aerodrome (TC LID: CVW2)
Companies inside this city
- Cyan Corporation
- Darford International Inc.
- FAR WEST INDUSTRIES INC.
- KnightHawk Inc.
- The Pacific Northwest Herb Corporation
Federal Corporations inside this city
- MOUNTY PROPERTIES LIMITED
- 6276521 CANADA INC.
- Alpha-Zulu Sourcing Ltd.
- C.L. MATILE RETAIL STORES LTD.
- Cantalope Product Marketing Inc.
- FIELD OF DREAMS MINISTRY OF HOPE
- INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE-CANADA FOUNDATION
- MWH GEO-SURVEYS LTD.
- TELIFON COMMUNICATIONS INC.
- Wedded Bliss Photography Inc.
- JBC Home Renovation And Commercial Service Inc.
Hospitals Located in Vernon
Radio stations Located in Vernon
- CICF-FM (105.7)
- CKIZ-FM (107.5)
- All Cities
- British Columbia
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.