Waterloo population and houses statistics Population in 2011:
Population in 2006:
Population in 2001:
2006 to 2011 population change
2001 to 2006 population change
Total private houses:
Private houses occupied by usual residents:
Land area (km2):
Population density per square kilometre
|Nearby towns and cities:||545.0|
Other nearby cities
- Kitchener (pop. 477,160, 11.3 km)
- Guelph (pop. 141,097, 27.5 km)
- Cambridge - City (pop. 126,748, 19.5 km)
- Stratford (pop. 30,886, 37.6 km)
- Centre Wellington (pop. 26,693, 29.4 km)
- Fergus (pop. 19,126, 26.9 km)
Occupation and industry
Labour force activity in Waterloo
Labour, occupation and industry details for this city
Mode of transportation to work
Earnings and income details for this city
Earning and income in 2005
Median earnings in 2005
|Province:||29,335 CAD|Median income in 2005
|Province:||27,258 CAD|Percent of persons in low income before tax
Composition of total income in this city
Discuss Waterloo - City, Ontario, Canada on our hugely popular Canada forum.
Waterloo marital status details Married or living with a common-law partner Total: 47,835
|Ontario:||59.8%|Not married and not living with a common-law partner Total: 34,165
Waterloo - Marital Status
Families and households characteristics
Language details for Waterloo
Knowledge of official languages in Waterloo
First official language spoken in Waterloo
Language most often used at home
Other languages used at home
Language most often used at work
Mobility status in 2006
This city mobility details
This city - Place of residence in 2005
Waterloo - Place of residence in 2001
Education in this city
Education attainment in this city
Companies Located in this city
- ARISE Technologies Corporation
- DALSA Corporation
- The Descartes Systems Group Inc.
- MKS Inc.
- Nexsys Commtech International Inc.
- RDM Corporation
- Research In Motion Limited
- Sandvine Corporation
- Virtek Vision International Inc.
- WATERFORD APARTMENTS LTD.
- Westmount Towers II
Federal Corporations Located in this city
- 7892560 CANADA LIMITED
- 7188480 CANADA LIMITED
- APG DHILLON TRUCKING INC.
- CANADIAN RENDERERS ASSOCIATION, INCORPORATED
- ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
- JACK DENTAL FACILITY LTD.
- NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH INFORMATICS
- PULI HR CORPORATION
- Suzuki Talent Education of Waterloo
- URBAN INFORMATICS CORPORATION
Universities Located in Waterloo
- University of Waterloo
- Wilfrid Laurier University
Age characteristics of this city Median age of the population
|Province:||40.4|Percent of the population aged 15 and over
Sports teams located in Waterloo
- Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks women's ice hockey (Hockey)
Citizenship and immigration
This city citizenship and immigration Details Total visible minority population
Aboriginal identity population
Waterloo Minority Population Characteristics
Notable people related to this cityNotable people born in Waterloo:
Home town of:
- Valentine Ratz (Politician)
Death place of:
- Glen Chorny (Poker Player)
Resting place of:
Schools located in this city
- KidsAbility School (500 Hallmark Dr, Gradespan: JK-3)
- ÉÉC Mère-Élisabeth-Bruyère (280 promenade Glenridge, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 170)
- Cedarbrae Public School (230 Cedarbrae Ave, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 168)
- École élémentaire L'Harmonie (158 Rd Bridgeport E, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 235)
- St Matthew Catholic Elementary School (405 Pastern Trail, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 449)
- N A MacEachern Public School (580 Rolling Hills Dr, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 293)
- Waterloo Collegiate Institute (300 Hazel St, Gradespan: Pre-12, Enrollment: 1,500)
- Lincoln Heights Public School (270 Quickfall Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 329)
- Westvale Public School (265 Westvale Dr, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 408)
- Edna Staebler Public School (450 Bernay Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 714)
- Keatsway Public School (323 Keats Way, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 421)
- Empire Public School (83 Empire St, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 491)
- Winston Churchill Public School (100 Milford Ave, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 186)
- Elizabeth Ziegler Public School (90 Moore Ave S, Gradespan: JK-6, Enrollment: 336)
- Laurelwood Public School (460 Brentcliffe Dr, Gradespan: JK-8, Enrollment: 717)
- 18 more...
- All Cities
- Waterloo - City
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 92-591-XWE. Ottawa. Released March 13 2007 and
Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 98-316-XWE. Ottawa. Released October 24, 2012.
This data is an unofficial version of the materials, made without affiliation or endorsement of Statistics Canada.
City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Use at your own risk.
Website © 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.