Abbeville, South Carolina
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||47.9 years|
|South Carolina median age:||39.1 years|
Zip codes: 29620.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $18,412 (it was $13,274 in 2000)
Abbeville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $86,167 (it was $53,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $102,262; Detached houses: $126,382; Mobile homes: $14,875
Median gross rent in 2016: $515.
Races in Abbeville, SC (2010)
- 2,63350.3%Black alone
- 2,44346.6%White alone
- 731.4%Two or more races
- 230.4%Asian alone
- 100.2%American Indian alone
- 70.1%Other race alone
|Abbeville County, South Carolina: Grocery stores (6 replies)|
|Abbeville, South Carolina: Sunday alcohol sales (0 replies)|
|Abbeville, SC Getting 150 New Jobs (2 replies)|
|Getting too crowded (173 replies)|
|Abbeville Shopping Center, Abbeville, South Carolina (0 replies)|
|Abbeville, South Carolina: Pro Towels is increasing production and adding 50 jobs (0 replies)|
Latest news from Abbeville, SC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (16.2%), Irish (4.5%), Scotch-Irish (4.3%), Polish (2.8%), English (1.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 597 feet
Land area: 5.87 square miles.
Population density: 885 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Abbeville:
- High school or higher: 78.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.0%
- Unemployed: 7.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Abbeville city:
- Never married: 36.0%
- Now married: 33.7%
- Separated: 5.1%
- Widowed: 15.0%
- Divorced: 10.2%
5 residents are foreign born
According to our research of South Carolina and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Abbeville, South Carolina as of March 20, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Abbeville to the number of sex offenders is 2,660 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $709 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $214 (0.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Greenville, SC (46.0 miles , pop. 56,002).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (113.3 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (566.5 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Promised Land, SC (2.9 miles ), Due West, SC (3.3 miles ), Hodges, SC (3.3 miles) , Bradley, SC (3.5 miles) , Cokesbury, SC (3.5 miles ), Antreville, SC (3.6 miles) , Greenwood, SC (3.6 miles ), Calhoun Falls, SC (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $67,100
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $70,000
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $47,500
Latitude: 34.18 N, Longitude: 82.38 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +692 (+13.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 771 (41.3%)
Area code: 864
|Crime rates in Abbeville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.6)||814.0||725.8||597.5||553.0||861.2||558.2||471.2||504.5||444.6||472.4||437.9||421.8||384.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Abbeville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.86|
|South Carolina average:||2.85|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -500 (-7.9%).
- Manufacturing (44%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (22%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Production occupations (35%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (6%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (21%)
- Production occupations (20%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Personal care and service occupations (12%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
Average climate in Abbeville, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Abbeville-area historical tornado activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 18% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/31/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 9.7 miles away from the Abbeville city center killed 7 people and injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 12/13/1973, a category F4 tornado 20.6 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Abbeville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above South Carolina state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 22.1 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 143.5 miles away from Abbeville center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 186.9 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 156.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 291.8 miles away from Abbeville center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 151.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Abbeville County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Hurricanes: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: John C. Calhoun - Politician, Thomas D. Howie - Army officer, Christie Benet - Politician, Curtis Crider - Former NASCAR driver, John McLaren McBryde - University president, Josh Chiles - College basketball player (Gardner Webb Runnin' Bulldogs), Joshua Hill (politician) - Politician, Leomont Evans - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Abbeville:
Airports and heliports located in Abbeville:
- Abbeville Airport (SC81) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,200, Local Ops: 6,455)
- Rambos Field Airport (SC92) (Runways: 1)
- Abbeville County Memorial Hospital Heliport (SC83)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Abbeville:
- Lander University (about 13 miles; Greenwood, SC; Full-time enrollment: 2,870)
- Piedmont Technical College (about 15 miles; Greenwood, SC; FT enrollment: 4,831)
- Anderson University (about 28 miles; Anderson, SC; FT enrollment: 2,510)
- Tri-County Technical College (about 40 miles; Pendleton, SC; FT enrollment: 5,174)
- Clemson University (about 44 miles; Clemson, SC; FT enrollment: 20,131)
- Greenville Technical College (about 45 miles; Greenville, SC; FT enrollment: 9,859)
- Bob Jones University (about 49 miles; Greenville, SC; FT enrollment: 3,308)
Public high schools in Abbeville:
Private high school in Abbeville:
Public elementary/middle schools in Abbeville:
- LONG CANE PRIMARY (Students: 452, Location: 815 EAST GREENWOOD STREET, Grades: PK-2)
- WRIGHT MIDDLE (Students: 425, Location: 111 HIGHWAY 71, Grades: 6-8)
- WESTWOOD ELEMENTARY (Students: 394, Location: 124 HIGHWAY 28 BYPASS, Grades: 3-5)
- DIAMOND HILL ELEMENTARY (Students: 296, Location: 104 LAKE SECESSION ROAD, Grades: PK-7)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Abbeville is the home of Leamont Evans professional football player for the Redskins.Please add his name to your list for Abbeville, South Carolina
Notable locations in Abbeville: Abbeville County Courthouse (A), Abbeville Opera House (B), Abbeville Museum (C), Abbeville Public Library (D), Abbeville County Health Center (E), Abbeville Water Plant (F), Abbeville City Fire Department (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Abbeville include: Abbeville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (A), Pentecostal Holiness Church (B), Sacred Heart Catholic Church (C), Saint James African Methodist Episcopal Church (D), Trinity Episcopal Church (E), Westside Baptist Church (F), Grace Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (G), South Side Baptist Church (H), Union Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Trinity Cemetery (1), Hobson Cemetery (2), Melrose Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Adams Branch (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Abbeville include: Abbeville Historic District (1), Court Square (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Belmont Inn (104 East Pickens Street), Abbevilla Motel (801 East Greenwood Street).
Court: Court Square Cafe (102 Trinity).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 48.7. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 26.1. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 10.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 12.9. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 12.0 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 0.00468. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 10.2 miles away from the city center.
(15.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 56.2% for Black residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
|South Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Abbeville in 2010:
- 89 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 18 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 6 people in residential treatment centers for adults
23 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Abbeville (2011 data):
- Park Sterling Bank: West Abbeville Branch at 536 W Greenwood Street, branch established on 2005/04/07; The Bank Of Abbeville Branch at 203 South Main Street, branch established on 1987/05/14. Info updated 2011/12/19: Bank assets: $1,051.7 mil, Deposits: $846.3 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 26 total offices, Holding Company: Park Sterling Corporation
- First Citizens Bank and Trust Company, Inc.: Abbeville Main Branch at 201 North Main Street, branch established on 1963/11/08. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $8,104.0 mil, Deposits: $6,880.8 mil, headquarters in Columbia, SC, positive income, 197 total offices, Holding Company: First Citizens Bancorporation, Inc.
- Bank of America, National Association: South Abbeville Branch at 104 West Greenwood Street, branch established on 1961/09/15. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- Abbeville Savings and Loan, SSB: Abbeville Savings And Loan, Ssb at 209 South Main St, branch established on 1907/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $79.0 mil, Deposits: $58.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 1 total offices
- The Palmetto Bank: Abbeville Branch at 100 West Greenwood St, branch established on 1922/01/01. Info updated 2011/04/01: Bank assets: $1,204.5 mil, Deposits: $1,066.9 mil, headquarters in Greenville, SC, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 34 total offices, Holding Company: Capgen Capital Group V Lp
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
|South Carolina average:||11.7|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Abbeville city (based on Abbeville County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Abbeville County:||0.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Abbeville County:||0.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||0.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Abbeville County:||5.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Abbeville, SC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||16||$33,299||$24,974||4||$6,578|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$4,980||$19,920||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||19||$62,436||$39,433||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$2,766||$33,192||0||$0|
|Fire - Other||1||$2,577||$30,924||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||12||$27,984||$27,984||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||5||$9,803||$23,527||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||6||$13,312||$26,624||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||103||$276,222||$32,181||4||$6,578|
Abbeville government finances - Expenditure in 2004 (per resident):
- Construction - Electric Utilities: $122,000 ($23.50)
Parks & Recreation: $38,000 ($7.32)
Water Utilities: $27,000 ($5.20)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $4,396,000 ($846.85)
Water Utilities: $1,507,000 ($290.31)
Police Protection: $870,000 ($167.60)
Central Staff Services: $555,000 ($106.92)
Parks & Recreation: $354,000 ($68.19)
Regular Highways: $318,000 ($61.26)
Fire Protection: $305,000 ($58.76)
Solid Waste Management: $238,000 ($45.85)
General - Other: $138,000 ($26.58)
Financial Administration: $92,000 ($17.72)
Judicial and Legal Services: $32,000 ($6.16)
General Public Buildings: $30,000 ($5.78)
Health Services - Other: $26,000 ($5.01)
- General - Interest on Debt: $461,000 ($88.81)
- Other Capital Outlay - Solid Waste Management: $133,000 ($25.62)
Water Utilities: $80,000 ($15.41)
Police Protection: $60,000 ($11.56)
Electric Utilities: $50,000 ($9.63)
General - Other: $45,000 ($8.67)
Regular Highways: $32,000 ($6.16)
Financial Administration: $4,000 ($0.77)
Central Staff: $4,000 ($0.77)
Fire Protection: $2,000 ($0.39)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $3,570,000 ($687.73)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
Abbeville government finances - Revenue in 2004 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $282,000 ($54.32)
All Other: $101,000 ($19.46)
Parks & Recreation: $14,000 ($2.70)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $66,000 ($12.71)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $339,000 ($65.31)
All Other: $95,000 ($18.30)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $227,000 ($43.73)
Interest Earnings: $28,000 ($5.39)
Rents: $1,000 ($0.19)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $5,432,000 ($1046.43)
Water Utilities: $1,814,000 ($349.45)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $315,000 ($60.68)
All Other: $22,000 ($4.24)
- Tax - Property: $693,000 ($133.50)
NEC: $529,000 ($101.91)
Public Utilities: $117,000 ($22.54)
Abbeville government finances - Debt in 2004 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $7,676,000 ($1478.71)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $32,000 ($6.16)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $7,211,000 ($1389.14)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $432,000 ($83.22)
Abbeville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2004 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,275,000 ($438.26)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $0 ($0.00)
4.88% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,636 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.90%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Greenwood County, SC||1.30% ($29,813 average AGI)|
|from Anderson County, SC||0.94% ($32,753)|
|from Greenville County, SC||0.23% ($25,579)|
5.81% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,956 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.53%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Abbeville:
- WABV (1590 AM; 1 kW; ABBEVILLE, SC; Owner: MARK HELLINGER)
- WCZZ (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; GREENWOOD, SC; Owner: KEENE OF SOUTH CAROLINA, INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WRIX (1020 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HOMELAND PARK, SC; Owner: AM 1020 INCORPORATED)
- WBCU (1460 AM; 50 kW; UNION, SC)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WFGW (1010 AM; 50 kW; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WANS (1280 AM; 5 kW; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: FM 103 INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Abbeville:
- WZLA-FM (92.9 FM; ABBEVILLE, SC; Owner: RONALD SHELLEY REID)
- WZSN (103.5 FM; GREENWOOD, SC; Owner: KEENE OF SOUTH CAROLINA, INC.)
- WROQ (101.1 FM; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: OBC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSSL-FM (100.5 FM; GRAY COURT, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W274AE (102.7 FM; GREENWOOD, SC; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WRIX-FM (103.1 FM; HONEA PATH, SC; Owner: FM 103, INC.)
- WJMZ-FM (107.3 FM; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBTS (95.5 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WEPC (88.5 FM; BELTON, SC; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WHZQ (94.1 FM; CROSS HILL, SC; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Abbeville:
- WNEH (Channel 38; GREENWOOD, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- W22AC (Channel 22; HARTWELL & ROYSTON, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WBSC-TV (Channel 40; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: ANDERSON (WFBC-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- W65DS (Channel 65; HONEA PATH, SC; Owner: CAROLINA CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W50CL (Channel 50; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 29Number of bridges
- 63m207ftTotal length
- $4,177,000Total costs
- 93,620Total average daily traffic
- 4,037Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Abbeville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:85 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Abbeville, SC)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:4
- STATION, Sc Hwy 72 3 Mi S (Lat: 34.140944 Lon: -82.404278), Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WNTQ997
Assigned Frequencies: 952.612 MHz, 928.612 MHzGrant Date: 11/14/1997, Expiration Date: 02/16/2008, Cancellation Date: 04/19/2008Registrant: Phone: (803) 682-3169
- ABBEVILLE, South Carolina Hwy 28 Bypass (Lat: 34.158056 Lon: -82.409167), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 121.9 m, Overall height: 126.5 m, Call Sign: WPTD426
Assigned Frequencies: 6004.50 MHzGrant Date: 08/16/2011, Expiration Date: 09/04/2021, Certifier: Michael P GogginRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 3300 E. Renner Road, B3132, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (855) 699-7073, Fax: (972) 907-1131, Email:
- ANTREVILLE, 489 Brown Lee Road (Lat: 34.254000 Lon: -82.528222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 115.8 m, Overall height: 121.3 m, Call Sign: WQIT324
Assigned Frequencies: 6063.80 MHzGrant Date: 05/07/2008, Expiration Date: 05/07/2018, Cancellation Date: 11/07/2009, Certifier: William ChastainRegistrant: Radio Dynamics Corporation, Silver Spring, MD 20914, Phone: (301) 493-5171, Fax: (301) 576-4553, Email:
- CR04AW285, 36 Old Greenwood Rd. (318393) (Lat: 34.190222 Lon: -82.271167), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 86.9 m, Overall height: 89.9 m, Call Sign: WQVD338
Assigned Frequencies: 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHzGrant Date: 01/07/2015, Expiration Date: 01/07/2025, Certifier: Kyle B EntzRegistrant: Sprint Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, M/S: Varesa0209, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:40 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Abbeville)
FAA Registered Aircraft:11 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Abbeville)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Abbeville and their reported violations in the past:ABBEVILLE CITY OF (0110001) (Address: COURT SQUARE , Population served: 5,482, Surface water):
Past health violations:COLONY EAST II (0150013) (Population served: 26, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2011 and SEP-2011, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-06-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-06-2011), St Public Notif received (OCT-03-2011), St Compliance achieved (JAN-01-2012)
- Failure Submit IDSE/Subpart V Plan Rpt - In JUL-02-2010, Contaminant: DBP STAGE 2. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (OCT-19-2010), St Show-cause Hearing (NOV-04-2010), St Admin Penalty assessed (NOV-15-2010), St AO (w/penalty) issued (NOV-15-2010), St Compliance achieved (NOV-18-2010)
Past monitoring violations:YODERS RESTAURANT (0170200) (Population served: 26, Groundwater):
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In SEP-01-2011, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (SEP-30-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-03-2011), St Public Notif requested (NOV-03-2011), St Compliance achieved (DEC-01-2011), St Public Notif received (JUN-29-2012), St Compliance achieved (SEP-11-2013)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In SEP-2011, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-03-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-03-2011), St Compliance achieved (DEC-01-2011), St Public Notif received (JUN-29-2012)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-08-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-08-2009), St Public Notif received (OCT-09-2009), St Compliance achieved (APR-01-2010)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between APR-2009 and JUN-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (JUL-07-2009), St Public Notif requested (JUL-29-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-29-2009), St Public Notif received (AUG-28-2009), St Compliance achieved (APR-01-2010)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2008 and SEP-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-04-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-04-2008), St Compliance achieved (OCT-28-2008)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 58
- Hazardous Condition: 73
Incident types - Abbeville
|Most common first names in Abbeville, SC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Abbeville, SC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (53%)
- Utility gas (42%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (3%)
- Wood (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
|Businesses in Abbeville, SC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|Burger King||1||Pizza Hut||1|
Abbeville compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Abbeville on our top lists:
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of single-parent households, population 5,000+"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #70 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #33 (29620) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Scotch-Irish first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #38 (29620) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Swiss first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest ground withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
Total of 15 patent applications in 2008-2019.