|Median resident age:||39.6 years|
|Kansas median age:||32.8 years|
Zip codes: 67410.
Abilene city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $116,824 (it was $65,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $567.
- White alone - 6,192 (89.6%)
- Two or more races - 326 (4.7%)
- Hispanic - 258 (3.7%)
- Black alone - 69 (1.0%)
- American Indian alone - 19 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 9 (0.1%)
|I-70 across Kansas (33 replies)|
|Amazon To Close In Coffeyville (10 replies)|
|Abilene, KS - Religion (7 replies)|
|Abilene, Kansas? (0 replies)|
|Job Market in Kansas (24 replies)|
|Historical Sites/places worth seeing (10 replies)|
Latest news from Abilene, KS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (29.0%), English (11.5%), Irish (10.4%), United States (4.9%), French (2.7%), Scotch-Irish (2.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1869
Elevation: 1153 feet
Land area: 4.13 square miles.
Population density: 1,614 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Abilene:
- High school or higher: 88.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.8%
- Unemployed: 3.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Abilene city:
- Never married: 22.6%
- Now married: 55.1%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 12.8%
43 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kansas and other state lists there were 13 registered sex offenders living in Abilene, Kansas as of April 18, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Abilene to the number of sex offenders is 521 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,389 (1.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,578 (1.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Topeka, KS (82.6 miles , pop. 122,377).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Wichita, KS (85.4 miles , pop. 344,284).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (424.0 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Detroit, KS (2.3 miles) , Enterprise, KS (2.3 miles ), Talmage, KS (2.8 miles) , Solomon, KS (2.9 miles ), Chapman, KS (3.3 miles ), Manchester, KS (3.6 miles) , New Cambria, KS (4.0 miles) , Kipp, KS (4.0 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 10 buildings, average cost: $145,500
- 2003: 11 buildings, average cost: $128,700
- 2004: 12 buildings, average cost: $128,700
- 2005: 12 buildings, average cost: $128,700
- 2006: 11 buildings, average cost: $128,700
- 2007: 8 buildings, average cost: $128,700
- 2008: 11 buildings, average cost: $180,700
- 2009: 5 buildings, average cost: $198,800
- 2010: 5 buildings, average cost: $196,000
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $175,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $200,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 38.92 N, Longitude: 97.22 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +362 (+5.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,601 (51.3%)
Area code: 785
|Crime rates in Abilene by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 289.5)||316.3||180.3||209.6||347.4||293.8||305.3||258.8||190.9||217.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Abilene detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.33|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (18%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Construction (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Information (3%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in Abilene, Kansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Abilene-area historical tornado activity is near Kansas state average. It is 83% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/13/1990, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 34.7 miles away from the Abilene city center killed one person and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/30/1972, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.7 miles away from the city center injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Abilene-area historical earthquake activity is near Kansas state average. It is 67% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 253.3 miles away from the city center
On 9/15/1995 at 00:31:33, a magnitude 4.1 (3.8 LG, 4.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 163.0 miles away from Abilene center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 297.8 miles away from the city center
On 5/30/1991 at 22:07:44, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 118.8 miles away from the city center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 280.3 miles away from Abilene center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 453.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Dickinson County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Curtis D. Summers - Engineer and roller coaster designer, Everett W. Stewart - World War II flying ace, Harry Beaumont - Director, Hy Vandenberg - Major League Baseball pitcher, Ralph Faulkner - Fencer.
Hospitals and medical centers in Abilene:
Airports located in Abilene:
- Abilene Municipal Airport (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 500, Itinerant Ops: 20,000, Local Ops: 15,000, Military Ops: 300)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Abilene:
- Kansas State University (about 39 miles; Manhattan, KS; Full-time enrollment: 20,703)
- Emporia State University (about 67 miles; Emporia, KS; FT enrollment: 4,687)
- Hutchinson Community College (about 71 miles; Hutchinson, KS; FT enrollment: 4,174)
- Butler Community College (about 80 miles; El Dorado, KS; FT enrollment: 6,676)
- Wichita Area Technical College (about 81 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,220)
- Washburn University (about 82 miles; Topeka, KS; FT enrollment: 5,092)
- Wichita State University (about 84 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 11,743)
Public high school in Abilene:
- Abilene High School (Students: 540; Location: 1300 N CEDAR; Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Abilene:
Public elementary/middle schools in Abilene:
- Abilene Middle School (Students: 378; Location: 500 NORTHWEST 14TH; Grades: 6-8)
- Kennedy Elementary School (Students: 271; Location: 1501 N KUNEY; Grades: K-1)
- Mckinley Elementary School (Students: 260; Location: 112 N ROGERS; Grades: 2-3)
- Garfield Elementary School (Students: 238; Location: 300 N W 7TH; Grades: 4-5)
- Blue Ridge Elementary School (Students: 59; Location: 1539 HWY 18; Grades: K-5)
- Rural Center Elementary School (Students: 24; Location: 902 1400 AVENUE; Grades: K-5)
Private elementary/middle school in Abilene:
Notable locations in Abilene: Covered Wagon Recreational Vehicle Resort (A), Abilene Water Plant (B), Eisenhower Park Fairgrounds (C), Eisenhower Center (D), Dickinson County Sheriff's Department Jail (E), Dickinson County Sheriff's Department (F), Abilene Police Department (G), Dickinson County Jail (H), Dickinson County Courthouse (I), Carnegie Library (J), Abilene City Hall (K), Grant Township Fire District 1 Abilene Station (L), Dickinson County Emergency Medical Services Abilene (M), Dickinson County Health Department (N), Greyhound Hall of Fame (O), Dwight D Eisenhower Place of Meditation (P), Dwight D Eisenhower Museum (Q), Dwight D Eisenhower Boyhood Home (R), Jeffcoat Photography Museum (S), Lebold Mansion (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Abilene: DUCKWALL ALCO STORES INC (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Abilene include: First Southern Baptist Church (A), Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses (B), Abilene Bible Baptist Church (C), First Church of the Resurrection (D), Community Bible Church (E), Emmanuel United Methodist Church (F), Abilene Brethren In Christ Church (G), Emmanuel Evangelical Church (H), First Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Abilene Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Abilene: Abilene City Park Historic District (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Fashion Museum (212 North Broadway Street), Dickinson County Historical Society (Museums; 412 South Campbell Street), Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad (Museums; 200 Northeast 5th Street), Seelye Mansion (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 1105 North Buckeye Avenue), Museum of Independent Telephony (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 412 South Campbell Street), Old Abilene Town (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 100 Southeast 5th Street), Abilene Area Chamber of Commerce (500 North Buckeye Avenue), Abilene Convention & Visitors Bureau (201 Northwest 2nd Street).
Hotels: Best Western Presidents Inn (2210 North Buckeye), Brookville Hotel (105 East Lafayette Avenue), Days Inn Abilene's Pride (1709 North Buckeye Avenue), Four Seasons RV Acres (2502 Mink Road), Gold Mine Club (1709 North Buckeye Avenue), Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (110 East Lafayette Avenue), Abilene Super 8 Motel (2207 N Buckeye Ave), Victorian Reflections Bed & Breakfast Inn (820 Northwest 3rd Street), Super 8 Abilene Ks (2207 North Buckeye Avenue).
Courts: Dickinson-County - District Court- Clerk Of District Court (Courthouse), Dickinson-County - Community Corrections- Court Services Ofc (Courthouse).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Abilene and their reported violations in the past:ALCO STORE #415 (Serves WY, Population served: 450, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Abilene that have no violations reported:
- ABILENE, CITY OF (Population served: 6,771, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater under infl of surface water)
- DICKINSON CO RWD 2 (Population served: 1,560, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater under infl of surface water)
(7.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 22.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 75.0% for American Indian residents, 6.7% for other race residents, 53.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Abilene in 2010:
- 90 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 38 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 5 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
People in group quarters in Abilene in 2000:
- 88 people in nursing homes
- 13 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 8 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 3 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
Abilene compared to Kansas state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Abilene (2011 data):
- Pinnacle Bank: Kansas-Abilene Branch, North Branch, Drive-In-walk-up Branch. Info updated 2010/12/10: Bank assets: $3,171.2 mil, Deposits: $2,710.9 mil, headquarters in Lincoln, NE, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 60 total offices, Holding Company: Pinnacle Bancorp, Inc.
- The Solomon State Bank: Abilene Branch at 501 North Cedar, branch established on 1990/01/16. Info updated 2010/06/01: Bank assets: $185.0 mil, Deposits: $149.8 mil, headquarters in Solomon, KS, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Solomon Bancshares, Inc.
- First Bank Kansas: at 1410 North Buckeye, branch established on 2005/12/28. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $256.6 mil, Deposits: $227.8 mil, headquarters in Salina, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Ottawa Bancshares, Inc.
- UMB National Bank of America: Abilene Branch at 400 North Broadway, branch established on 1906/10/06. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $825.6 mil, Deposits: $401.1 mil, headquarters in Salina, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 15 total offices, Holding Company: Umb Financial Corporation
- Astra Bank: Abilene Branch at 418 N.W. Third, branch established on 1987/06/30. Info updated 2009/07/09: Bank assets: $184.6 mil, Deposits: $150.9 mil, headquarters in Scandia, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: First Belleville Bancshares, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Abilene, Kansas:
- Super 8 Motel, Inc Abline, 2207 N Buckeye, Abilene, KS 67410 , Phone: (785) 263-4545
- America's Best Value Inn, 2210 N Buckeyeavenue, Abilene, KS 67410 , Phone: (785) 263-2050, Fax: (785) 263-7230
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 110 E Lafayette Ave, Abilene, KS 67410 , Phone: (785) 263-4049
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (82%)
- Electricity (16%)
- Wood (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Abilene city (based on Dickinson County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 52.27%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Lutheran Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Brethren in Christ Church||United Church of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Dickinson County:||2.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dickinson County:||2.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||0.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Dickinson County:||5.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||4||$1,661|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$3,232||$38,784||3||$5,918|
|Police Protection - Officers||15||$48,790||$39,032||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$2,502||$30,024||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||9||$26,878||$35,837||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||7||$20,745||$35,563||6||$1,215|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||3||$10,742||$42,968||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$7,439||$44,634||4||$1,300|
|Totals for Government||61||$202,048||$39,747||32||$17,805|
Abilene government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $553,000 ($82.97)
Air Transportation: $105,000 ($15.75)
- Current Operations - Parks and Recreation: $1,142,000 ($171.34)
Police Protection: $897,000 ($134.58)
Water Utilities: $704,000 ($105.63)
Sewerage: $611,000 ($91.67)
Local Fire Protection: $574,000 ($86.12)
Regular Highways: $427,000 ($64.07)
Central Staff Services: $389,000 ($58.36)
General - Other: $247,000 ($37.06)
Libraries: $196,000 ($29.41)
Judicial and Legal Services: $104,000 ($15.60)
Housing and Community Development: $95,000 ($14.25)
Natural Resources - Other: $66,000 ($9.90)
Solid Waste Management: $63,000 ($9.45)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $60,000 ($9.00)
Air Transportation: $30,000 ($4.50)
- General - Interest on Debt: $77,000 ($11.55)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $442,000 ($66.32)
Sewerage: $186,000 ($27.91)
General - Other: $64,000 ($9.60)
Local Fire Protection: $41,000 ($6.15)
Regular Highways: $16,000 ($2.40)
Parks and Recreation: $11,000 ($1.65)
Natural Resources - Other: $1,000 ($0.15)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $2,096,000 ($314.48)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $130,000 ($19.50)
Abilene government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $808,000 ($121.23)
Solid Waste Management: $56,000 ($8.40)
Air Transportation: $8,000 ($1.20)
All Other: $5,000 ($0.75)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Air Transportation: $94,000 ($14.10)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $675,000 ($101.28)
- Miscellaneous - Fines and Forfeits: $187,000 ($28.06)
Special Assessments: $162,000 ($24.31)
Interest Earnings: $133,000 ($19.95)
General Revenue, NEC: $102,000 ($15.30)
Donations From Private Sources: $61,000 ($9.15)
Sale of Property: $32,000 ($4.80)
Rents: $24,000 ($3.60)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,308,000 ($196.25)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $245,000 ($36.76)
All Other: $90,000 ($13.50)
General Local Government Support: $61,000 ($9.15)
- Tax - Property: $1,569,000 ($235.41)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $849,000 ($127.38)
Public Utilities Sales: $345,000 ($51.76)
Other Selective Sales: $106,000 ($15.90)
Other License: $66,000 ($9.90)
Abilene government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $6,356,000 ($953.64)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $5,605,000 ($840.96)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,211,000 ($181.70)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $460,000 ($69.02)
Abilene government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $4,589,000 ($688.52)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $334,000 ($50.11)
7.40% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,181 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Geary County, KS||1.31% ($31,294 average AGI)|
|from Saline County, KS||1.00% ($25,936)|
|from Riley County, KS||0.60% ($24,957)|
8.16% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,867 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Abilene:
- KABI (1560 AM; 0 kW; ABILENE, KS; Owner: EBC, INC.)
- KSAL (1150 AM; 5 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: EBC INC.)
- KFRM (550 AM; 5 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: TAYLOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KFTI (1070 AM; 10 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KJCK (1420 AM; 1 kW; JUNCTION CITY, KS; Owner: PLATINUM BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WIBW (580 AM; 5 kW; TOPEKA, KS; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KINA (910 AM; 1 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Abilene:
- KBMP (90.5 FM; ENTERPRISE, KS; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KSAJ-FM (98.5 FM; ABILENE, KS; Owner: EBC, INC.)
- KHCD (89.5 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: HUTCHINSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- KJCK-FM (97.5 FM; JUNCTION CITY, KS; Owner: PLATINUM BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KCVS (91.7 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- KSKG (99.9 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KYEZ (93.7 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: EBC INC.)
- KBLS (102.5 FM; NORTH FORT RILEY, KS; Owner: EBC, INC.)
- KILS (92.7 FM; MINNEAPOLIS, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KANV (91.3 FM; OLSBURG, KS; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS)
- KZBZ (104.9 FM; SALINA, KS; Owner: EBC, INC.)
- KJRL (105.7 FM; HERINGTON, KS; Owner: GREAT PLAINS CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Abilene:
- KAAS-TV (Channel 18; SALINA, KS; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K25DS (Channel 25; JUNCTION CITY, KS; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K39BR (Channel 39; JUNCTION CITY, KS; Owner: NORTHEAST KANSAS B/CST.SERVICE,INC.)
- KTLJ-CA (Channel 6; JUNCTION CITY, KS; Owner: MONTGOMERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 10
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 12
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 2
- Fatalities: 10
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 21
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 3
- Fatal accident count: 106
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 159
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 39
- Fatalities: 114
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 265
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 11
Total length: 44 meters (144ft)
Total costs: $639,000
Total average daily traffic: 37,655
Total average daily truck traffic: 4,275
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 77 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 17 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Abilene, KS)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 38 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Abilene)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 19 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Abilene)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 121
- Hazardous Condition: 69
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Abilene
|Most common first names in Abilene, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Abilene, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Abilene, KS|
|Alco Stores||1||Lane Furniture||1|
|H&R Block||1||Super 8||1|
Abilene on our top lists:
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers (population 5,000+)"
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Department and other general merchandise stores (population 5,000+)"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Department and other general merchandise stores (population 5,000+)"
- #12 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Community and social services occupations: (population 5,000+)"
- #18 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Community and social services occupations: (population 5,000+)"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Other healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 100 high-educated but low-earning cities (pop. 5,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the greatest earthquake activity (pop 5,000+)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of workers with very short commute times (9 minutes or less) (population 5,000+)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest average wind speeds (population 5,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of arson incidents in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
Total of 7 patent applications in 2008-2015.