Adin-Lookout: Snow covered fields in Lookout
Adin-Lookout: 4th of July in Adin...
Adin-Lookout: On Hwy 299....
Adin-Lookout: 1888 Blacksmith shop in Lookout
Adin-Lookout: Antelope grazing in Lookout
Adin-Lookout: THE OMINOUS CHARM OF YESTERYEAR LOOKOUT, CA.
Adin-Lookout: 1888 IS THE YEAR THIS BLACKSMITH BUILDING WEARS LOOKOUT,CA.
Adin-Lookout: BRIDGE IN BACKROUND WHERE LAST HANGING OCCURED IN LOOKOUT
Submit your own pictures of this place and show them to the World
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||42.9 years|
|California median age:||33.3 years|
Zip code: 96054
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,059 (it was $15,547 in 2000)
Adin-Lookout CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $175,582 (it was $76,600 in 2000)
Races in Adin-Lookout, CA (2000)
- 71387.3%White alone
- 182.2%American Indian alone
- 162.0%Two or more races
- 10.1%Black alone
- 10.1%Asian alone
- 10.1%Other race alone
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Land area: 511.1 square miles.
Population density: 1.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Adin-Lookout:
- High school or higher: 74.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.5%
- Unemployed: 10.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Adin-Lookout CCD:
- Never married: 14.8%
- Now married: 64.0%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 9.9%
- Divorced: 11.3%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Adin-Lookout CCD:||0.8% ($585)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Redding, CA (79.1 miles , pop. 80,865).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Sacramento, CA (190.8 miles , pop. 407,018).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (522.7 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Lookout, CA (2.7 miles) , Bieber, CA (3.6 miles ), Nubieber, CA (3.8 miles) , Adin, CA (3.9 miles ), Canby, CA (4.4 miles ), McArthur, CA (4.5 miles ), Fall River Mills, CA (4.9 miles ), California Pines, CA (5.3 miles ).
Latitude: 41.31 N, Longitude: 121.20 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 530
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (36%)
- Construction (10%)
- Wood products (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Health care (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (16%)
- Health care (14%)
- Food and beverage stores (10%)
- Public administration (5%)
- U. S. Postal service (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (10%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (10%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (6%)
- Other construction workers and helpers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
- Cashiers (10%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
Average climate in Adin-Lookout, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Adin-Lookout-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below California state average. It is 506% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 247.9 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 201.5 miles away from Adin-Lookout center
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 230.9 miles away from the city center
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 161.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/25/1992 at 18:06:04, a magnitude 7.2 (6.3 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.4 mi) earthquake occurred 163.8 miles away from Adin-Lookout center, causing $75,000,000 total damage
On 1/22/1923 at 09:04:18, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 222.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Modoc County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 5, Landslides: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Adin-Lookout:
- Oregon Institute of Technology (about 73 miles; Klamath Falls, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,900)
- Shasta College (about 75 miles; Redding, CA; FT enrollment: 5,645)
- Southern Oregon University (about 99 miles; Ashland, OR; FT enrollment: 4,650)
- California State University-Chico (about 115 miles; Chico, CA; FT enrollment: 14,838)
- Butte College (about 117 miles; Oroville, CA; FT enrollment: 8,649)
- Rogue Community College (about 137 miles; Grants Pass, OR; FT enrollment: 3,600)
- Truckee Meadows Community College (about 141 miles; Reno, NV; FT enrollment: 6,919)
Notable locations in Adin-Lookout: Meeks Place (A), Turner Ranch (B), Pundy Ranch (C), Lava Campground (D), Manuels Camp (E), Adin station (F), Roberts Camp (G), McArthur Cow Camp (H), Big Valley Ranger Station (I), Old Baker Cabin (J), Long Bell Forest Service Station (K), Lookout Rancheria (L), Lookout Siding (M), Joiner (N), Potter Sawmill (O), Hayes (P), Mammoth (Q), Monchamp (R), Redwood Gun Club (S), Lookout Fire Protection District Rancheria (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Indian Cemetery (1), Adin Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Curtis Waterhole (A), Dustys Waterhole (B), Twin Lakes (C), Big Waterhole (D), Duck Hole (E), Mosquito Lake (F), Crystal Waterhole (G), Frog Waterhole (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Dutch Flat Creek (A), Three Corner Slough (B), Stone Coal Valley (C), Stone Coal Creek (D), Johnson Creek (E), Butte Creek (F), Rush Creek (G), Willow Creek (H), Widow Valley Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Adin-Lookout include: Ash Creek Wildlife Area (1), Long Bell State Game Refuge 1N (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
5 people in other noninstitutional group quarters in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Adin-Lookout CCD (based on Modoc County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Modoc County:||6.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Modoc County:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
6.25% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,000 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Shasta County, CA||0.76% ($16,273 average AGI)|
7.65% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,853 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Adin-Lookout:
- KCFJ (570 AM; 5 kW; ALTURAS, CA; Owner: EDI MEDIA, INC.)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTMT (580 AM; 10 kW; ASHLAND, OR; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KAPL (1300 AM; 20 kW; PHOENIX, OR; Owner: APPLEGATE MEDIA, INC.)
- KKJX (960 AM; 5 kW; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KGRV (700 AM; 25 kW; WINSTON, OR; Owner: PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KFBK (1530 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KPNW (1120 AM; 50 kW; EUGENE, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNRO (1670 AM; 10 kW; REDDING, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF REDDING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Adin-Lookout:
- K216CM (91.1 FM; BIEBER, CA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION)
- KKRB (106.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: WYNNE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- K278AB (103.5 FM; ALTURAS, CA; Owner: THE UNIV FOUND, CA STATE UNIV, CHICO)
- KNCA (89.7 FM; BURNEY, CA; Owner: OREGON STATE BOARD OF HIGHER ED.)
- KRRX (106.1 FM; BURNEY, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF REDDING, INC.)
- KNSQ (88.1 FM; MOUNT SHASTA, CA; Owner: STATE OF ORE./STATE BD. OF HGR. ED.)
- K235AG (94.9 FM; DORRIS, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K220EB (91.9 FM; BURNEY, CA; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION)
- KIBC (90.5 FM; BURNEY, CA; Owner: BURNEY EDUC. BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KYSF (102.9 FM; BONANZA, OR; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KSKF (90.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: ST OF OREGON ACT BY ST BOARD OF HIGH ED)
- K210BY (89.9 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- KLMF (88.5 FM; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Owner: THE STATE BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION)
- KFLS-FM (96.5 FM; TULELAKE, CA; Owner: WYNNE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- K205EJ (88.9 FM; CHESTER, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KNTK (102.3 FM; WEED, CA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRDG (105.3 FM; SHINGLETOWN, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF REDDING, INC.)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (43%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (24%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Adin-Lookout compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.