|Median resident age:||33.6 years|
|Kentucky median age:||35.9 years|
Zip code: 42120
Adolphus CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $74,316 (it was $51,400 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,793 (97.3%)
- Hispanic - 38 (1.3%)
- Two or more races - 20 (0.7%)
- American Indian alone - 10 (0.3%)
- Black alone - 5 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.07%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.07%)
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 640 feet
Land area: 60.3 square miles.
Population density: 50 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Adolphus:
- High school or higher: 55.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 3.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.2%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Adolphus CCD:
- Never married: 18.2%
- Now married: 64.2%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 11.3%
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Adolphus, Kentucky as of May 06, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Adolphus to the number of sex offenders is 506 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Adolphus CCD:||0.5% ($252)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (44.8 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (365.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Scottsville, KY (2.7 miles ), Halfway, KY (2.7 miles ), Westmoreland, TN (2.9 miles ), Siloam, TN (3.3 miles ), Bransford, TN (3.5 miles) , Settle, KY (3.7 miles ), Holland, KY (3.7 miles ), Bethpage, TN (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 36.68 N, Longitude: 86.28 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (16%)
- Transportation equipment (13%)
- Wood products (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (6%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Health care (16%)
- Transportation equipment (15%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (5%)
- Apparel (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (15%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (4%)
Average climate in Adolphus, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Adolphus-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kentucky state average. It is 60% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/27/1970, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.0 miles away from the Adolphus place center killed 3 people and injured 85 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 2/6/2008, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.9 miles away from the place center killed 4 people and injured 11 people and caused $1 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Adolphus-area historical earthquake activity is near Kentucky state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 151.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 122.5 miles away from Adolphus center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 166.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 172.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 155.3 miles away from Adolphus center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 183.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Allen County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Winter Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Adolphus:
- MEDICAL CENTER AT SCOTTSVILLE,THE (Hospital, about 7 miles away; SCOTTSVILLE, KY)
- CAL TURNER REHAB AND SPECIALTY CARE (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; SCOTTSVILLE, KY)
- RCG PORTLAND (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; PORTLAND, TN)
- FRANKLIN-SIMPSON NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; FRANKLIN, KY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Adolphus:
- Western Kentucky University (about 24 miles; Bowling Green, KY; Full-time enrollment: 16,942)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 24 miles; Bowling Green, KY; FT enrollment: 2,794)
- Volunteer State Community College (about 25 miles; Gallatin, TN; FT enrollment: 5,311)
- Trevecca Nazarene University (about 46 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 2,223)
- Tennessee State University (about 47 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 7,341)
- Vanderbilt University (about 47 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 10,518)
- Belmont University (about 48 miles; Nashville, TN; FT enrollment: 5,795)
Notable locations in Adolphus: Stony Point Volunteer Fire Department (A), South Allen Fire Department Station 2 (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Adolphus include: Macedonia Baptist Church (A), Maple Grove Church (B), Mount Gilead Church (C), New Buck Creek Methodist Church (D), Oak Forest Number 1 Missionary Baptist Church (E), Oak Grove Baptist Church (F), Old Buck Creek Church (G), Pleasant Ridge Church (H), Stoney Point United Methodist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oak Forest Cemetery Number 1 (1), Harrell Cemetery (2), Hinton Cemetery (3), Nancy Cemetery (4), Wolf Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Wolf Branch (A), Casey Branch (B), Snyder Branch (C), Snake Creek (D), Smyrna Creek (E), Mays Branch (F), Hinton Branch (G), Rock Quarry Branch (H), Florida Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 84.7. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2006 was 7.91. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 15.9 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 1.77. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.6 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 31.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 18.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2011 was 10.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.2 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Adolphus compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (56%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (31%)
- Wood (8%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (4%)
- Solar energy (1%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Adolphus CCD (based on Allen County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 33.63%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Old Missionary Baptists Associations||Old Order Mennonite||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Allen County:||2.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|Allen County:||4.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
6.20% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($25,305 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Warren County, KY||1.81% ($29,549 average AGI)|
|from Barren County, KY||0.53% ($22,970)|
|from Simpson County, KY||0.34% ($22,333)|
5.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,444 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Adolphus:
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WHIN (1010 AM; 5 kW; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: WHIN, INC.)
- WLCK (1250 AM; 1 kW; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: SHERANDAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WPLN (1430 AM; 15 kW; MADISON, TN)
- WKCT (930 AM; 5 kW; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING CO.)
- WYXE (1130 AM; daytime; 2 kW; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: JON GARY ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQKR (1270 AM; 1 kW; PORTLAND, TN; Owner: BRAVO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Adolphus:
- WGGC (95.1 FM; GLASGOW, KY; Owner: HERITAGE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVLE (99.3 FM; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: SHERANDAN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WUBT (101.1 FM; RUSSELLVILLE, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGFX (104.5 FM; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMAK (96.3 FM; MURFREESBORO, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WDNS (93.3 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: DAILY NEWS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKYU-FM (88.9 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- WRVW (107.5 FM; LEBANON, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W230AD (93.9 FM; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: TREVECCA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WMOT (89.5 FM; MURFREESBORO, TN; Owner: MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WSM-FM (95.5 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WLCT (102.1 FM; LAFAYETTE, TN; Owner: LAFAYETTE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WVCP (88.5 FM; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: VOLUNTEER STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WUHU (107.1 FM; SMITHS GROVE, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WBVR-FM (96.7 FM; AUBURN, KY; Owner: FOREVER COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WCVK (90.7 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: BOWLING GREEN COMMTY. B/CSTG, INC.)
- WKLX (100.7 FM; BROWNSVILLE, KY; Owner: CHARLES M. ANDERSON)
- WWHR (91.7 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
- W203BI (88.5 FM; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Adolphus:
- WPGD (Channel 50; HENDERSONVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPBM-LP (Channel 48; SCOTTSVILLE, KY; Owner: PROCLAIM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTVF (Channel 5; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: NEWSCHANNEL 5 NETWORK, LP)
- WNPX (Channel 28; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WUXP-TV (Channel 30; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WUXP LICENSEE, LLC)
- WSMV-TV (Channel 4; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
- W62CJ (Channel 62; JACKSON, TN; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WZTV (Channel 17; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WZTV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WBKO (Channel 13; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WNKY (Channel 40; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: MMK LICENSE LLC)
- WKYU-TV (Channel 24; BOWLING GREEN, KY; Owner: WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY)
Total length: 4 meters (13ft)
Total average daily traffic: 204
Total future (year 2026) average daily traffic: 261
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1
- Allen South, 371 Andrew Jackson Highway (Lat: 36.672361 Lon: -86.253083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 57.9 m, Overall height: 60.7 m, Call Sign: KNKN867
Assigned Frequencies: 880.020 MHz, 880.020 MHz, 880.020 MHz, 835.020 MHz, 835.020 MHz, 835.020 MHz, 891.510 MHz, 891.510 MHz, 891.510 MHz, 846.510 MHz, 846.510 MHz, 846.510 MHz
Grant Date: 08/31/2010, Expiration Date: 10/01/2020
Registrant: Lukas, Nace, Gutierrez & Sachs, LLP, 8300 Greensboro Drive, Suite 1200, Mclean, VA 22102, Phone: (703) 584-8665, Fax: (703) 584-8696, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KF4GCQ, Licensee ID: L01093259
Grant Date: 12/20/2005, Expiration Date: 01/18/2016
Registrant: Kenneth T Williams, 1405 O\'Neal Rd., Adolphus, KY 42120
- Call Sign: KG4RKT, Licensee ID: L00462549
Grant Date: 01/11/2012, Expiration Date: 02/06/2022, Certifier: David E Walker
Registrant: David E Walker, 540 Blunt Ford Road, Adolphus, KY 42120
- Call Sign: KI4TFY, Licensee ID: L01241562
Grant Date: 02/01/2007, Expiration Date: 02/01/2017, Certifier: Ronald M Hawks
Registrant: Ronald M Hawks, 19 Mcdonald Rd, Adolphus, KY 42120
- Call Sign: KJ4CME, Licensee ID: L01377045
Grant Date: 03/06/2008, Expiration Date: 03/06/2018, Certifier: Tabitha M Oliver
Registrant: Tabitha M Oliver, 19 Mcdonald Rd, Adolphus, KY 42120
- Call Sign: K4JAE, Previous Call Sign: KJ4BTM, Licensee ID: L00456499
Grant Date: 03/21/2008, Expiration Date: 03/21/2018, Certifier: John A Elmore Jr.
Registrant: John A Elmore Jr, 584 Pleasant Ridge Church Road, Adolphus, KY 42120
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 6
- Good Intent Call: 1
Adolphus on our top lists:
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Transportation equipment"
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Farm supplies merchant wholesalers"