Submit your own pictures of this place and show them to the world
|Median resident age:||20.9 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip codes: 59521.
Estimated per capita income in 2019: $23,595 (it was $12,990 in 2000)
Agency CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2019: $55,893 (it was $20,000 in 2000)
- 30092.6%American Indian alone
- 185.6%White alone
- 20.6%Two or more races
- 10.3%Asian alone
|CNN reporting GOP candidate body slamming reporter (120 replies)|
|Security/Home Sitting in Bigfork (6 replies)|
|Crow Agency, MT (5 replies)|
|Crow Agency. Anyone familiar with the area? (13 replies)|
|Winter Weather Alerts, 2013-14 (Web cams first post) (36 replies)|
|US-212 or I-90? (25 replies)|
Latest news from Agency, MT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (1.2%), Swedish (1.2%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 2540 feet
Land area: 8.58 square miles.
Population density: 41 people per square mile(very low).
17 residents are foreign born (4.0% North America, 1.2% Asia).
|Agency CDP:||2.8% ($557)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Great Falls, MT (87.4 miles , pop. 56,690).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (575.3 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (1025.7 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Latitude: 48.26 N, Longitude: 109.77 W
- Educational services (31.3%)
- Health care (16.3%)
- Public administration (10.0%)
- Construction (8.8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing & hunting (7.5%)
- Petroleum & petroleum products merchant wholesalers (7.5%)
- Administrative & support & waste management services (5.0%)
- Public administration (15.7%)
- Health care (15.7%)
- Construction (13.7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing & hunting (11.8%)
- Petroleum & petroleum products merchant wholesalers (11.8%)
- Educational services (9.8%)
- Administrative & support & waste management services (7.8%)
- Educational services (69.0%)
- Health care (17.2%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, similar organizations (13.8%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school teachers (8.8%)
- Physicians and surgeons (8.8%)
- Carpenters (8.8%)
- Postsecondary teachers (7.5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7.5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7.5%)
- Top executives (6.3%)
- Physicians and surgeons (13.7%)
- Carpenters (13.7%)
- Postsecondary teachers (11.8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11.8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11.8%)
- Top executives (9.8%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers, including supervisors (7.8%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school teachers (24.1%)
- Other management occupations, except farmers and farm managers (17.2%)
- Other teachers, instructors, education, training, and library occupations (17.2%)
- Religious workers (13.8%)
- Information and record clerks, except customer service representatives (10.3%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers, except child care workers (10.3%)
- Other office and administrative support workers, including supervisors (6.9%)
Average climate in Agency, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Agency-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Montana state average. It is 468% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 258.7 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 347.5 miles away from Agency center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 7/6/2017 at 06:30:17, a magnitude 5.8 (5.8 MW, Depth: 7.6 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 161.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 252.1 miles away from the city center
On 3/31/2020 at 23:52:30, a magnitude 6.5 (6.5 MW, Depth: 7.5 mi) earthquake occurred 365.7 miles away from Agency center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW) earthquake occurred 238.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Sanders County (10) is smaller than the US average (15).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Fires: 3, Storms: 3, Landslides: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Other: 1 (Note: some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Agency:
- Montana State University-Billings (about 181 miles; Billings, MT; Full-time enrollment: 4,319)
- Montana State University (about 190 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- The University of Montana (about 219 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- Sheridan College (about 277 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 323 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- North Idaho College (about 328 miles; Coeur d'Alene, ID; FT enrollment: 4,684)
- Spokane Community College (about 354 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,482)
Points of interest:
Cemetery: Rocky Boy Gravel (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: Daychild Creek (A), Sundance Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Birthplace of: Tuff Harris - Player of and football, George Horse-Capture - Curator, Sharon Stewart-Peregoy - Montana legislator.
|This place:||4.1 people|
No gay or lesbian households reported
For population 15 years and over in Agency:
- Never married: 35.3%
- Now married: 45.8%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 9.5%
For population 25 years and over in Agency:
- High school or higher: 79.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.0%
- Unemployed: 33.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.2 minutes
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Agency, MT (based on Sanders County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Sanders County:||4.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sanders County:||0.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||0.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sanders County:||6.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
5.09% of this county's 2015 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2016 ($32,639 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2015 and 2016.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2015 and 2016:
Strongest AM radio stations in Agency:
- KOJM (610 AM; 1 kW; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KMON (560 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KSEN (1150 AM; 10 kW; SHELBY, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KEIN (1310 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: MUNSON RADIO, INC.)
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KKGR (680 AM; daytime; 5 kW; EAST HELENA, MT; Owner: KKGR, INC.)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Agency:
- KXEI (95.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: HI-LINE RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KNMC (90.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NORTHERN MONTANA COLLEGE)
- KPQX (92.5 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KRYK (101.3 FM; CHINOOK, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC)
- KEHT (100.3 FM; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: GEORGE S. FLINN, JR.)
- K261CC (100.1 FM; CHESTER, MT; Owner: RANDALL D. ROCKS)
TV broadcast stations around Agency:
- KBBJ (Channel 9; HAVRE, MT; Owner: SUNBELT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- K52CI (Channel 52; HAVRE, MT; Owner: CONTINENTAL TELEVISION NETWORK, INC.)
Agency fatal accident list:
Oct 15, 2006 01:35 AM, Sr-234, Lat: 48.287360, Lon: -109.727300, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 3ft / 0.6mTotal length
- 1,400Total average daily traffic
- 140Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,638Total future (year 2036) average daily traffic
Agency compared to Montana state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.