|Median resident age:||48.8 years|
|Oregon median age:||36.3 years|
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $283,200 (it was $150,000 in 2000)
- White alone - 88 (80.0%)
- American Indian alone - 9 (8.2%)
- Hispanic - 8 (7.3%)
- Two or more races - 5 (4.5%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 186 feet
Land area: 345.6 square miles.
Population density: 0.3 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Agness:
- High school or higher: 80.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.6%
- Unemployed: 16.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Agness CCD:
- Never married: 11.1%
- Now married: 53.3%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 21.1%
- Divorced: 14.4%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Agness CCD:||0.7% ($1,094)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Medford, OR (63.8 miles , pop. 63,154).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Northwest Clackamas, OR (203.1 miles , pop. 224,220).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (666.4 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Powers, OR (4.1 miles ), Nesika Beach, OR (4.6 miles ), Port Orford, OR (4.9 miles ), Gold Beach, OR (5.0 miles ), Northwest Josephine, OR (5.2 miles ), Langlois, OR (5.3 miles) , Wilderville, OR (5.4 miles ), Myrtle Point, OR (5.4 miles ).
Latitude: 42.64 N, Longitude: 124.04 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 541
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Agness, Oregon
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Agness-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Oregon state average. It is 427% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 155.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 107.0 miles away from Agness center
On 8/17/1991 at 22:17:14, a magnitude 7.1 (6.2 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.1 MW, 6.8 ML, Depth: 8.4 mi) earthquake occurred 100.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/15/2005 at 02:50:54, a magnitude 7.2 (6.1 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.9 mi) earthquake occurred 141.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/25/1992 at 18:06:04, a magnitude 7.2 (6.3 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.4 mi) earthquake occurred 158.7 miles away from Agness center, causing $75,000,000 total damage
On 1/22/1923 at 09:04:18, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 163.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Curry County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Tsunami Wave: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Agness:
- Rogue Community College (about 37 miles; Grants Pass, OR; Full-time enrollment: 3,600)
- Southern Oregon University (about 76 miles; Ashland, OR; FT enrollment: 4,650)
- Lane Community College (about 108 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 6,373)
- University of Oregon (about 109 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 23,329)
- Oregon Institute of Technology (about 119 miles; Klamath Falls, OR; FT enrollment: 2,900)
- Humboldt State University (about 123 miles; Arcata, CA; FT enrollment: 7,353)
- College of the Redwoods (about 135 miles; Eureka, CA; FT enrollment: 4,410)
Public elementary/middle school in Agness:
- Agness Elementary School (Students: 5; Location: 03925 Cougar Ln; Grades: K-4)
Library in Agness:
Notable locations in Agness: Brushy Bar Recreation Site (A), Illahe Recreation Site (B), Agness Recreation Site (C), Cold Spring Camp (D), Fry Landing (E), Foster Bar Recreation Site (F), Tucker Flat Camp (G), Camp Hope (H), Illahe Lodge (I), Camp Tacoma (J), Rogue River Ranch (K), East Mule Recreation Site (L), West Mule Recreation Site (M), Gleason Bar Recreation Site (N), Blossom Bar Recreation Site (O), East Creek Recreation Site (P), Marial Lodge (Q), Tale Creek Recreation Site (R), Hewitt Creek Recreation Site (S), Battle Bar Recreation Area (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Mule Creek Cemetery (1), Illahe Cemetery (2), Clay Hill Cemetery (3), Oak Flats Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Smith Hole (A), Allen Pool (B), Laird Lake (C), Southard Lake (D), Foster Pond (E), Lake of the Woods (F), Dads Lake (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Iron Creek (A), Indigo Creek (B), Illinois River (C), Marks Creek (D), Rocky Bar Creek (E), Price Creek (F), Dostler Creek (G), Venner Creek (H), Fish Hook Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Agness: Rogue National Wild and Scenic River (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Agness-Illahe Museum Inc (34470 Agness Illahe Road) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Agness and their reported violations in the past:SINGING SPRINGS LODGE & CAFE (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 6 routine major monitoring violations
|This place:||1.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Agness compared to Oregon state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (44%)
- Wood (42%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (15%)
Religion statistics for Agness CCD (based on Curry County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 19.40%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Assemblies of God||Church of the Nazarene||Presbyterian Church (USA)|
|Name||Seventh-Day Adventist Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Conservative Baptist Association of America||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Curry County:||4.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Curry County:||0.46 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oregon:||2.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Curry County:||1.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||15.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||9.93 / 10,000 pop.|
8.07% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,929 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Del Norte County, CA||0.69% ($38,667 average AGI)|
|from Jackson County, OR||0.49% ($36,725)|
|from Coos County, OR||0.40% ($32,303)|
7.42% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,155 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Agness:
- KGRV (700 AM; 25 kW; WINSTON, OR; Owner: PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KDUN (1030 AM; 50 kW; REEDSPORT, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KAJO (1270 AM; 10 kW; GRANTS PASS, OR; Owner: GRANTS PASS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KWRO (630 AM; 5 kW; COQUILLE, OR; Owner: COQUILLE RIVER BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KPNW (1120 AM; 50 kW; EUGENE, OR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KAGI (930 AM; 5 kW; GRANTS PASS, OR; Owner: SOUTHERN OREGON STATE COLLEGE)
- KAPL (1300 AM; 20 kW; PHOENIX, OR; Owner: APPLEGATE MEDIA, INC.)
- KTMT (580 AM; 10 kW; ASHLAND, OR; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRTA (610 AM; 5 kW; MEDFORD, OR; Owner: OPUS BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- KXL (750 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KTBR (950 AM; 3 kW; ROSEBURG, OR; Owner: JPR FOUNDATION INC.)
- KPAM (860 AM; 50 kW; TROUTDALE, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Agness:
- K249BS (97.7 FM; GRANTS PASS, OR; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KOOZ (94.1 FM; MYRTLE POINT, OR; Owner: JPR FOUNDATION INC.)
- KGBR (92.7 FM; GOLD BEACH, OR; Owner: ST. MARIE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSOR (90.1 FM; ASHLAND, OR; Owner: OREGON STATE BOARD OF HIGHER EDUC.)
- KCNA (102.7 FM; CAVE JUNCTION, OR; Owner: OPUS BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- K222AF (92.3 FM; AZALEA, OR; Owner: FAMILY LIFE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K280BK (91.7 FM; SELMA, OR; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K218DP (91.5 FM; CAVE JUNCTION, OR; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K259AE (99.7 FM; WOLF CREEK, OR; Owner: GRANTS PASS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K267AD (101.3 FM; CAVE JUNCTION, ETC., OR; Owner: STEVEN R. PORTER)
- K283AE (104.5 FM; CAVE JUNCTION, OR; Owner: GRANTS PASS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K203CI (88.5 FM; CAVE JUNCTION, OR; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- K208CC (89.5 FM; CAVE JUNCTION, OR; Owner: SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY)
- KLOV-FM (89.3 FM; WINCHESTER, OR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KROG (96.9 FM; GRANTS PASS, OR; Owner: OPUS BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- KLDZ (103.5 FM; MEDFORD, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KLDR (98.3 FM; HARBECK-FRUITDALE, OR; Owner: GRANTS PASS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KRRM (94.7 FM; ROGUE RIVER, OR; Owner: SHIRLEY M. BELL)
- K290AF (105.9 FM; ROGUE RIVER, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBDN (96.5 FM; BANDON, OR; Owner: COQUILLE RIVER BROADCASTERS, INC.)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- AGNESS REMOTE SITE, 1.3 Km Sse Of (Lat: 42.552778 Lon: -124.055361), Type: Tower, Structure height: 31 m, Overall height: 37.2 m, Call Sign: KOA327, Licensee ID: L00119440
Assigned Frequencies: 157.485 MHz
Grant Date: 08/07/2012, Expiration Date: 09/29/2022
Registrant: Coos Curry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KE7FPO, Licensee ID: L01088947
Grant Date: 11/29/2005, Expiration Date: 11/29/2015, Certifier: Anthony R Perez
Registrant: Anthony R Perez, 3820 Sundown Rd, Agness, OR 97406
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CESSNA 140 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C85 SERIES (85 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 72183 , Serial Number: 9352, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 07/17/1957
Registrant (Individual): Pending Registration, 4580 Old House Creek Rd, Agness, OR 97406