Albert City, Iowa
Albert City: Albert City Summer Streets
Albert City: Memorial Day Flags at Fairfield Township Cemmetery, Albert City, Iowa
Albert City: Fall in Albert City
Albert City: 100 year old cottonwood at Highway 3 and 197.
Albert City: Sue's House
Albert City: Icecicles galore!
Albert City: Winter frosting....
Albert City: A Beaut!
Albert City: Valero Renewables....Albert City
Albert City: John Deere covered with frost.
Albert City: Winter evening ...blue beauty winter '09-'10
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||43.7 years|
|Iowa median age:||38.0 years|
Zip codes: 50510.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,088 (it was $15,219 in 2000)
Albert City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $59,928 (it was $38,000 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $595.
Races in Albert City, IA (2010)
- 67296.1%White alone
- 40.6%Two or more races
- 10.1%Black alone
- 10.1%Asian alone
Latest news from Albert City, IA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (34.5%), Swedish (21.6%), Irish (10.6%), English (6.7%), Norwegian (6.6%), Danish (6.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 12/10/1900
Elevation: 1310 feet
Land area: 0.54 square miles.
Population density: 1,292 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Albert City:
- High school or higher: 94.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 1.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Albert City city:
- Never married: 23.7%
- Now married: 51.6%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 12.6%
- Divorced: 10.4%
34 residents are foreign born (4.5% Latin America).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $824 (1.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $499 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Sioux City, IA (76.1 miles , pop. 85,013).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Omaha, NE (118.5 miles , pop. 390,007).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (377.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Marathon, IA (2.4 miles ), Laurens, IA (2.6 miles ), Varina, IA (3.0 miles) , Rembrandt, IA (3.4 miles ), Webb, IA (3.5 miles) , Truesdale, IA (3.5 miles) , Newell, IA (3.5 miles ), Sioux Rapids, IA (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 42.78 N, Longitude: 94.95 W
Area code: 712
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (16%)
- Other services, except public administration (15%)
- Wholesale trade (12%)
- Construction (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (37%)
- Retail trade (17%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (3%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Transportation occupations (13%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (10%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Material moving occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
Average climate in Albert City, Iowa
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Albert City-area historical tornado activity is near Iowa state average. It is 79% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/27/1995, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.2 miles away from the Albert City city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/28/1979, a category F4 tornado 20.7 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 26 people and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Albert City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Iowa state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 206.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 244.6 miles away from Albert City center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 200.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 210.9 miles away from the city center
On 2/6/1996 at 15:10:28, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 133.1 miles away from Albert City center
On 10/25/1990 at 06:25:25, a magnitude 3.9 (3.6 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 190.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Hospitals and medical centers in Albert City:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Albert City:
- LAURENS CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; LAURENS, IA)
- SIOUX CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; SIOUX RAPIDS, IA)
- FONDA NURSING AND REHAB CENTER (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; FONDA, IA)
- POCAHONTAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT (Home Health Center, about 15 miles away; POCAHONTAS, IA)
- BUENA VISTA COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH AND HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; STORM LAKE, IA)
- RENAL CENTER OF STORM LAKE, LLC (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; STORM LAKE, IA)
- NORTH LAKE MANOR (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; STORM LAKE, IA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Albert City:
- Buena Vista University (about 17 miles; Storm Lake, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,522)
- Iowa Central Community College (about 44 miles; Fort Dodge, IA; FT enrollment: 4,682)
- Iowa Lakes Community College (about 44 miles; Estherville, IA; FT enrollment: 2,311)
- Western Iowa Tech Community College (about 75 miles; Sioux City, IA; FT enrollment: 3,544)
- Iowa State University (about 85 miles; Ames, IA; FT enrollment: 28,662)
- North Iowa Area Community College (about 96 miles; Mason City, IA; FT enrollment: 2,235)
- University of South Dakota (about 101 miles; Vermillion, SD; FT enrollment: 7,328)
Public elementary/middle school in Albert City:
- Albert City-Truesdale Elementary School (Students: 91; Location: 300 Orchard; Grades: PK-6)
Notable locations in Albert City: Albert City (A), Buena Vista County Ambulance Albert City (B), Albert City Fire Department (C), Albert City City Hall (D), Albert City Public Library (E), Albert City Historical Museum (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Albert City include: Our Saviour's Lutheran Church (A), Evangelical Free Church (B), Evangelical Covenant Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Albert City that have no violations reported:
- ALBERT CITY MUNI WATER SUPPLY (Population served: 711, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(13.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
34 people in nursing homes in 2000
Albert City compared to Iowa state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Albert City (2011 data):
- Community State Bank: Albert City Branch at 208 Main Street, branch established on 1997/11/24. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $138.0 mil, Deposits: $116.5 mil, headquarters in Spencer, IA, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Community State Bancorporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (83%)
- Electricity (13%)
- Other fuel (2%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Albert City city (based on Buena Vista County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Buena Vista County:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Buena Vista County:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Buena Vista County:||28.2%|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Streets and Highways||1||$6,483||$77,796||2||$982|
|Totals for Government||2||$11,043||$66,258||6||$8,249|
Albert City government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Housing and Community Development: $89,000 ($126.60)
Sewerage: $41,000 ($58.32)
- Current Operations - Solid Waste Management: $110,000 ($156.47)
Sewerage: $104,000 ($147.94)
Parks and Recreation: $78,000 ($110.95)
Water Utilities: $64,000 ($91.04)
Regular Highways: $58,000 ($82.50)
Libraries: $44,000 ($62.59)
Financial Administration: $24,000 ($34.14)
General - Other: $20,000 ($28.45)
Housing and Community Development: $10,000 ($14.22)
Central Staff Services: $10,000 ($14.22)
General Public Buildings: $6,000 ($8.53)
Local Fire Protection: $6,000 ($8.53)
Health - Other: $2,000 ($2.84)
Judicial and Legal Services: $2,000 ($2.84)
- General - Interest on Debt: $18,000 ($25.60)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Police Protection: $36,000 ($51.21)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $2,000 ($2.84)
Sewerage: $2,000 ($2.84)
Water Utilities: $2,000 ($2.84)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $121,000 ($172.12)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $5,000 ($7.11)
Albert City government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $83,000 ($118.07)
Solid Waste Management: $48,000 ($68.28)
Parks and Recreation: $22,000 ($31.29)
All Other: $6,000 ($8.53)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $95,000 ($135.14)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $8,000 ($11.38)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $32,000 ($45.52)
Interest Earnings: $14,000 ($19.91)
Rents: $6,000 ($8.53)
Sale of Property: $4,000 ($5.69)
Fines and Forfeits: $1,000 ($1.42)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $96,000 ($136.56)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $74,000 ($105.26)
All Other: $2,000 ($2.84)
- Tax - Property: $196,000 ($278.81)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $58,000 ($82.50)
Public Utilities Sales: $13,000 ($18.49)
Other License: $2,000 ($2.84)
Albert City government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $460,000 ($654.34)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $375,000 ($533.43)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $85,000 ($120.91)
Albert City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $394,000 ($560.46)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $44,000 ($62.59)
Strongest AM radio stations in Albert City:
- KWMT (540 AM; 5 kW; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KLGA (1600 AM; 5 kW; ALGONA, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KKOJ (1190 AM; 5 kW; JACKSON, MN; Owner: KLEVEN BROADCASTING CO. OF MINN.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KAYL (990 AM; 0 kW; STORM LAKE, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Albert City:
- KTFG (102.9 FM; SIOUX RAPIDS, IA; Owner: DONALD A. SWANSON)
- KTPR (91.1 FM; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)
- KAYL-FM (101.7 FM; STORM LAKE, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KBVU-FM (97.5 FM; ALTA, IA; Owner: BUENA VISTA UNIVERSITY)
- KDWD (100.1 FM; EMMETSBURG, IA; Owner: JIM DANDY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTLB (105.9 FM; TWIN LAKES, IA; Owner: THREE EAGLES OF FT. DODGE, INC.)
- K242AM (96.3 FM; NEWELL, IA; Owner: GOOD NEWS NETWORK, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Albert City:
- K47FZ (Channel 47; STORM LAKE, IA; Owner: WAITT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTIN (Channel 21; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KA0RHA
Grant Date: 11/07/1994, Expiration Date: 11/07/2004, Cancellation Date: 11/08/2006
Registrant: Donald P Johnson, 514 S 3rd St, Albert City, IA 50510
|Most common first names in Albert City, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Albert City, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Albert City on our top lists:
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Warehousing and storage"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most local government spending on current operations of libraries per resident in 2004 in $"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers"
- #57 (50510) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2004 taxes (pop 1,000+)"
- #74 (50510) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Swedish first ancestries"