We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||31.4 years|
|Alabama median age:||38.3 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $10,792 (it was $11,028 in 2000)
Aliceville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $85,539 (it was $54,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $359.
Races in Aliceville, AL (2010)
- 1,84874.3%Black alone
- 56322.6%White alone
- 401.6%Two or more races
- 20.08%American Indian alone
- 10.04%Asian alone
- 10.04%Other race alone
|Aliceville/Carrollton homes to rent??? (4 replies)|
|North Ala Places to take visitors (103 replies)|
|Moving from WV to AL (1 reply)|
|Best Things to do with Children (33 replies)|
|Considering relocating to Mobile from Long Island, NY- Any advice? (31 replies)|
|Worth a short trip? (17 replies)|
Latest news from Aliceville, AL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (3.9%), German (2.7%), United States (2.4%), Subsaharan African (2.0%), Scottish (1.9%), French (1.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 194 feet
Land area: 4.50 square miles.
Population density: 538 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Aliceville:
- High school or higher: 79.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 15.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Aliceville city:
- Never married: 39.5%
- Now married: 33.7%
- Separated: 8.0%
- Widowed: 10.3%
- Divorced: 8.5%
12 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 22 registered sex offenders living in Aliceville, Alabama as of October 13, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Aliceville to the number of sex offenders is 111 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $449 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $327 (0.3%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Tuscaloosa, AL (36.3 miles , pop. 77,906).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Birmingham, AL (82.3 miles , pop. 242,820).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (485.7 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: McMullen, AL (1.4 miles) , South Pickens, AL (1.5 miles ), Memphis, AL (2.9 miles) , Carrollton, AL (3.2 miles ), Pickensville, AL (3.2 miles ), Mantua-West Greene, AL (3.5 miles ), Panola-Geiger, AL (4.0 miles ), Union, AL (4.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 5 buildings, average cost: $263,900
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $263,900
- 1999: 12 buildings, average cost: $80,400
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $80,400
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $64,300
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $64,300
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $64,300
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $64,300
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $64,300
- 2007: 34 buildings, average cost: $90,900
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $350,000
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $108,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $113,200
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 33.13 N, Longitude: 88.15 W
Area code: 205
|Crime rates in Aliceville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 297.6)||12.1||80.4||15.9||712.6||403.6||569.6||153.8||372.2||325.1||239.7||206.2||182.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Aliceville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.20|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -483 (-15.8%).
- Manufacturing (34%)
- Transportation and warehousing (15%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Utilities (8%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (27%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Transportation and warehousing (12%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Utilities (7%)
- Information (4%)
- Production occupations (24%)
- Transportation occupations (14%)
- Material moving occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (21%)
- Management occupations (20%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (12%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
Average climate in Aliceville, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Aliceville-area historical tornado activity is near Alabama state average. It is 94% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.3 miles away from the Aliceville city center killed 3 people and injured 178 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 12/16/2000, a category F4 tornado 26.9 miles away from the city center killed 11 people and injured 144 people and caused $13 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Aliceville-area historical earthquake activity is near Alabama state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 55.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 44.8 miles away from Aliceville center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 35.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 147.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 173.2 miles away from Aliceville center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 213.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pickens County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 5, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 4, Winds: 3, Floods: 2, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Walter Jones - 2005 NFL player (Seattle Seahawks, born: Jan 19, 1974), Walter Jones (American football) - Player of football, Henry Smith (American football) - Player of football.
Hospitals and medical centers in Aliceville:
Airports located in Aliceville:
- George Downer Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 5,400)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Aliceville:
- East Mississippi Community College (about 28 miles; Scooba, MS; Full-time enrollment: 5,180)
- Mississippi University for Women (about 30 miles; Columbus, MS; FT enrollment: 2,565)
- Shelton State Community College (about 35 miles; Tuscaloosa, AL; FT enrollment: 4,106)
- The University of Alabama (about 36 miles; Tuscaloosa, AL; FT enrollment: 30,931)
- University of West Alabama (about 37 miles; Livingston, AL; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- Mississippi State University (about 44 miles; Mississippi State, MS; FT enrollment: 18,237)
- Meridian Community College (about 63 miles; Meridian, MS; FT enrollment: 2,750)
Public high school in Aliceville:
- Aliceville High School (Students: 310; Location: 417 3RD ST SE; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Aliceville:
Notable location: Aliceville Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Aliceville include: Aliceville Presbyterian Church (A), Aliceville Baptist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Aliceville Museum Cultural Arts Center (104 Broad Street Northeast).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Aliceville and their reported violations in the past:ALICEVILLE WATER & SEWER BOARD (Address: 311 Third Avenue NW , Population served: 3,855, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One minor monitoring violation
(7.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 62.5% for Black residents, 23.3% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Aliceville in 2000:
- 100 people in nursing homes
- 9 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 3 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Aliceville compared to Alabama state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Banks with branches in Aliceville (2011 data):
- West Alabama Bank & Trust: Aliceville Branch at 3rd Avenue And Broad Street, branch established on 1904/01/01; Drive-In Branch at Second Avenue, Northwest, branch established on 1978/05/22. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $593.3 mil, Deposits: $467.6 mil, headquarters in Reform, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: West Alabama Capital Corp.
- First National Bank of Central Alabama: First National Bank Of Central Alaba at 25 Third Street, N. E., branch established on 1965/08/02. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $248.5 mil, Deposits: $209.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: First National Bancshares Of Central Alabama, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (50%)
- Electricity (47%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Aliceville city (based on Pickens County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pickens County:||3.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pickens County:||4.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$9,956||$39,824||1||$377|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$5,464||$21,856||1||$540|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$26,117||$28,491||0||$0|
|Police - Other||5||$7,148||$17,155||2||$1,464|
|Streets and Highways||4||$6,100||$18,300||2||$1,777|
|Solid Waste Management||5||$7,234||$17,362||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,427||$29,124||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||15||$28,927||$23,142||12||$4,704|
|Totals for Government||48||$95,566||$23,892||20||$12,481|
Aliceville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $427,000 ($176.67)
Regular Highways: $146,000 ($60.41)
Water Utilities: $144,000 ($59.58)
Solid Waste Management: $65,000 ($26.89)
Libraries: $30,000 ($12.41)
Parks & Recreation: $30,000 ($12.41)
Fire Protection: $29,000 ($12.00)
Financial Administration: $24,000 ($9.93)
Elementary & Secondary Education: $16,000 ($6.62)
- General - Interest on Debt: $3,938,000 ($1629.29)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $952,000 ($393.88)
Aliceville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $6,000 ($2.48)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $123,000 ($50.89)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $3,440,000 ($1423.25)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $144,000 ($59.58)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $60,000 ($24.82)
- Tax - Property: $275,000 ($113.78)
Individual Income: $143,000 ($59.16)
Total General Sales: $108,000 ($44.68)
Public Utilities: $69,000 ($28.55)
Motor Vehicle License: $13,000 ($5.38)
Aliceville government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Industrial Revenue: $49,143,000 ($20332.23)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $7,626,000 ($3155.15)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $7,586,000 ($3138.60)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $42,033,000 ($17390.57)
- Long Term Debt Retired Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $7,110,000 ($2941.66)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $40,000 ($16.55)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - End of Fiscal Year: $4,000 ($1.65)
Aliceville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $10,036,000 ($4152.25)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $42,033,000 ($17390.57)
4.01% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,656 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Tuscaloosa County, AL||1.30% ($32,786 average AGI)|
|from Lowndes County, MS||0.43% ($28,143)|
|from Lamar County, AL||0.17% ($39,909)|
5.17% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,899 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Aliceville:
- WRAG (590 AM; 1 kW; CARROLLTON, AL; Owner: BIRMINGHAM CHRISTIAN RADIO)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WAPI (1070 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WTSK (790 AM; 5 kW; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: APEX BROADCASTING INC.)
- WSPZ (1150 AM; 5 kW; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: RADIO SOUTH, INC)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WYLS (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; YORK, AL; Owner: GRANTELL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWPG (1280 AM; 5 kW; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: LAWSON OF TUSCALOOSA, INC.)
- WACT (1420 AM; 5 kW; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMOX (1010 AM; 10 kW; MERIDIAN, MS; Owner: MAGNOLIA STATE B/C CO., INC.)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Aliceville:
- WZBQ (94.1 FM; CARROLLTON, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WALN (89.3 FM; CARROLLTON, AL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- W213AS (90.5 FM; CARROLLTON, AL; Owner: WEST ALABAMA CHRISTIAN COMMS., INC.)
- WBEI (101.7 FM; REFORM, AL; Owner: APEX BROADCASTING INC.)
- WTXT (98.1 FM; FAYETTE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDXB (102.5 FM; JASPER, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WACR-FM (103.9 FM; COLUMBUS, MS; Owner: T & W COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WQZZ (104.3 FM; EUTAW, AL; Owner: JIM LAWSON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTUG-FM (92.9 FM; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: APEX BROADCASTING INC.)
- WAJV (98.9 FM; BROOKSVILLE, MS; Owner: URBAN RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WBHJ (95.7 FM; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WMBC (103.1 FM; COLUMBUS, MS; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKOR-FM (94.9 FM; COLUMBUS, MS; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WMXU (106.1 FM; STARKVILLE, MS; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Aliceville:
- WCFT-TV (Channel 33; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: TV ALABAMA, INCORPORATED)
- WDBB (Channel 17; BESSEMER, AL; Owner: WDBB-TV, INC.)
- WLDM (Channel 23; TUSCALOOSA, AL; Owner: CHANNEL 23, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Aliceville fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 6m20ftTotal length
- $3,834,000Total costs
- 11,270Total average daily traffic
- 719Total average daily truck traffic
- 17,590Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Aliceville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:69 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Aliceville, AL)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KB4VHA, Licensee ID: L01271103
Grant Date: 04/20/2007, Expiration Date: 06/06/2017, Certifier: John F Pearson
Registrant: John F Pearson, Aliceville, AL 35442
- Call Sign: KB4VHB, Licensee ID: L01271104
Grant Date: 04/20/2007, Expiration Date: 06/06/2017, Certifier: Louise K Pearson
Registrant: Louise K Pearson, Aliceville, AL 35442
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: BEECH A23 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 114 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR IO-346 SERIES (165 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1406L , Serial Number: M-795, Year manufactured: 1965
Registrant (Corporation): Lewis Aviation LLC, 603 3rd Ave Ne, Aliceville, AL 35442
- Aircraft: CESSNA 402B (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 10, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 198 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR TSIO-520 SER (300 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 23NC , Serial Number: 402B0419, Year manufactured: 1973, Airworthiness Date: 07/27/1973
Registrant (Corporation): Aviation LLC, 1305 Baptist Line Rd, Aliceville, AL 35442
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150G (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 2968S , Serial Number: 15066868, Year manufactured: 1967, Airworthiness Date: 06/13/1967
Registrant (Individual): Richard E Prisock, 224 Crescent Rd, Aliceville, AL 35442
- Aircraft: BEECH 58 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 165 mph), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 588T , Serial Number: TH-791, Year manufactured: 1977, Airworthiness Date: 12/07/1976
Registrant (Corporation): Bac LLC, Po Box 444, Aliceville, AL 35442
|Most common first names in Aliceville, AL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Aliceville, AL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Aliceville, AL|
Aliceville on our top lists:
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Farm supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Personal and laundry services"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of murders in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #78 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Engineers"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.