We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.1 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54416.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $23,596 (it was $15,893 in 2000)
Almon town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $124,476 (it was $77,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $168,316; Detached houses: $174,565; Townhouses or other attached units: $147,847; In 2-unit structures: $159,797; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $103,725; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $203,875; Mobile homes: $66,319
Races in Almon, WI (2010)
- 54192.6%White alone
- 132.2%Two or more races
- 101.7%American Indian alone
- 10.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Latest news from Almon, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (71.7%), Polish (8.1%), Norwegian (4.9%), English (4.7%), Italian (4.7%), French (4.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1160 feet
Land area: 35.1 square miles.
Population density: 17 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Almon:
- High school or higher: 78.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Almon town:
- Never married: 26.0%
- Now married: 57.8%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 7.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Almon town:||1.2% ($939)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Appleton, WI (54.5 miles , pop. 70,087).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (127.6 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (222.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Bowler, WI (2.1 miles ), Hutchins, WI (2.2 miles ), Morris, WI (2.4 miles ), Bartelme, WI (2.5 miles ), Mattoon, WI (2.7 miles ), Wittenberg, WI (2.8 miles ), Birnamwood, WI (2.8 miles ), Eland, WI (2.9 miles ).
Latitude: 44.90 N, Longitude: 89.05 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (23%)
- Construction (8%)
- Wood products (8%)
- Truck transportation (7%)
- Machinery (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- U. S. Postal service (4%)
- Health care (14%)
- Finance and insurance (13%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Food (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (15%)
- Farmers and farm managers (12%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (8%)
- Waiters and waitresses (8%)
- Cashiers (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
Average climate in Almon, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Almon-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Wisconsin state average. It is 3% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/7/2007, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.8 miles away from the Almon town center injured 3 people and caused $15 million in damages.
On 9/26/1951, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 32.8 miles away from the town center killed 6 people and injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Almon-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 238.3 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 344.1 miles away from Almon center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 458.2 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 384.3 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 220.9 miles away from Almon center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 495.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Shawano County (5) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Almon:
- Northcentral Technical College (about 30 miles; Wausau, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,356)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 37 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 51 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 52 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 54 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 6,069)
- Lawrence University (about 55 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- Saint Norbert College (about 58 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
Cemeteries: Riverside Cemetery (1), Town Cemetery (2), Leiskau Cemetery (3), Saint Pauls Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Hennig Lake (A), Kolpack Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Strassburg Creek (A), Gold Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Almon town (based on Shawano County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Shawano County:||2.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Shawano County:||7.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.46% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,947 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Brown County, WI||0.78% ($36,453 average AGI)|
|from Waupaca County, WI||0.42% ($27,838)|
|from Marathon County, WI||0.40% ($30,258)|
5.19% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,775 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Almon:
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRIG (1390 AM; 10 kW; SCHOFIELD, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDUX (800 AM; 5 kW; WAUPACA, WI; Owner: LAIRD BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WFCL (1380 AM; 4 kW; CLINTONVILLE, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WTCH (960 AM; 1 kW; SHAWANO, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF SHAWANO, INC.)
- WLBL (930 AM; 5 kW; AUBURNDALE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
Strongest FM radio stations in Almon:
- WYCO (107.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: SEEHAFER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WYNW (92.9 FM; BIRNAMWOOD, WI; Owner: STARBOARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHRM (90.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WIFC (95.5 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WDEZ (101.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: W R I G, INC.)
- WRLO-FM (105.3 FM; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WRVM (102.7 FM; SURING, WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
- WLBL-FM (91.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WXPW (91.9 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WHITE PINE COMMUNITY BROADCASTING, INC)
- WCLQ (89.5 FM; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: CHRISTIAN LIFE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WACD (106.1 FM; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WHDG (97.5 FM; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: RAVEN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Almon:
- WFXS (Channel 55; WITTENBERG, WI; Owner: DAVIS TELEVISION WAUSAU, LLC)
- WYOW (Channel 34; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WIWB (Channel 14; SURING, WI; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF WISCONSIN, LLC)
- W24BV (Channel 24; WHITING, WI; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WAOW-TV (Channel 9; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WTPX (Channel 46; ANTIGO, WI; Owner: PAXSON WAUSAU LICENSE, INC.)
- WJFW-TV (Channel 12; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NORTHLAND TELEVISION, INC.)
- WSAW-TV (Channel 7; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WHRM-TV (Channel 20; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- W04CW (Channel 4; TIGERTON, ETC., WI; Owner: CENTRAL AUTOMATIC MACHINING, INC.)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Almon Substation (Lat: 44.883861 Lon: -88.990389), Call Sign: WNAE939
Assigned Frequencies: 173.203 MHzGrant Date: 01/05/2005, Expiration Date: 01/08/2015, Cancellation Date: 01/25/2013Registrant: Central Wisconsin Electric Cooperative, 10401 Lystul Rd, Rosholt, WI 54473, Phone: (715) 677-2211, Email:
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (36%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (30%)
- Wood (29%)
- Electricity (4%)
- Utility gas (1%)
Almon compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.