Anna: Interesting Topography Around This Town
Anna: Tooken looking towards jonesboro, But right in front of the Anna-Jonesboro Community High School
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||41.2 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.9 years|
Zip codes: 62906.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $23,184 (it was $16,714 in 2000)
Anna city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $76,926 (it was $54,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $94,974; Detached houses: $97,361; Mobile homes: $40,609
Median gross rent in 2016: $381.
Races in Anna, IL (2010)
- 4,19394.4%White alone
- 501.1%Black alone
- 330.7%Two or more races
- 190.4%American Indian alone
- 150.3%Asian alone
- 20.05%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Looking at Anna, IL - any advice? (7 replies)|
|Chicago's Best Suburban Schools 2016: Chicago Magazine (55 replies)|
|Best place to live with Family (Lincoln Park..?) (66 replies)|
|Small town in Illinois to raise a family (16 replies)|
|Underrated and overrated suburbs (132 replies)|
|Visiting a client right by Division and Pulaski... (26 replies)|
Latest news from Anna, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (25.8%), American (21.7%), English (9.1%), Irish (3.8%), European (2.9%), Welsh (2.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 11/29/1872
Elevation: 631 feet
Land area: 3.38 square miles.
Population density: 1,281 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Anna:
- High school or higher: 80.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.1%
- Unemployed: 19.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Anna city:
- Never married: 29.7%
- Now married: 40.0%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 20.7%
107 residents are foreign born (2.2% Latin America).
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 22 registered sex offenders living in Anna, Illinois as of April 23, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Anna to the number of sex offenders is 196 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,280 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,522 (1.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: St. Louis, MO (97.3 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (314.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Jonesboro, IL (1.2 miles ), Cobden, IL (2.3 miles ), Dongola, IL (2.9 miles ), Mill Creek, IL (2.9 miles) , Alto Pass, IL (2.9 miles ), Makanda, IL (3.3 miles ), Ullin, IL (3.6 miles ), Cypress, IL (3.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $84,200
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $96,500
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $147,500
- 2000: 13 buildings, average cost: $104,700
- 2001: 19 buildings, average cost: $104,300
- 2002: 11 buildings, average cost: $90,800
- 2003: 7 buildings, average cost: $77,000
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $23,400
- 2005: 3 buildings, average cost: $150,300
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $135,300
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $220,000
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $90,800
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $140,000
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $326,500
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.46 N, Longitude: 89.24 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +724 (+16.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 741 (41.0%)
Area code: 618
|Crime rates in Anna by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||154.7||156.3||156.7||125.9||131.6||119.0||55.8||119.0||121.1||219.5||249.7||259.1||371.7||221.0||194.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Anna detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.63|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -145 (-2.7%).
- Retail trade (20%)
- Construction (18%)
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (39%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Utilities (11%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (17%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (15%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (12%)
- Personal care and service occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (6%)
Average climate in Anna, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Anna-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 80% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/6/2003, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.7 miles away from the Anna city center killed 2 people and injured 33 people and caused $16 million in damages.
On 12/18/1957, a category F4 tornado 21.0 miles away from the city center killed 11 people and injured 200 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Anna-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 73% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 100.9 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 25.9 miles away from Anna center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 69.8 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 88.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 119.7 miles away from Anna center
On 9/29/1987 at 00:04:56, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 40.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Union County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 8, Tornadoes: 3, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Gary Forby - Politician, Delos Brown - Baseball player, Matthew Arlington Batson - Army Medal of Honor recipient.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Anna: Matthew A. Batson.
Hospitals and medical centers in Anna:
Heliports located in Anna:
Amtrak station near Anna:
- 19 miles: CARBONDALE (401 S. ILLINOIS AVE.) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Anna:
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (about 18 miles; Carbondale, IL; Full-time enrollment: 14,539)
- Southeast Missouri State University (about 19 miles; Cape Girardeau, MO; FT enrollment: 9,678)
- John A Logan College (about 22 miles; Carterville, IL; FT enrollment: 3,995)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 43 miles; Paducah, KY; FT enrollment: 4,107)
- Rend Lake College (about 50 miles; Ina, IL; FT enrollment: 2,778)
- Mineral Area College (about 73 miles; Park Hills, MO; FT enrollment: 2,837)
- Kaskaskia College (about 77 miles; Centralia, IL; FT enrollment: 3,867)
Public high schools in Anna:
- ANNA-JONESBORO HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 587, Location: 608 S MAIN ST, Grades: 9-12)
- SAFE SCHOOL ROE 02 (Location: 1000 N MAIL ST OAK HALL, Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Anna:
Library in Anna:
Notable locations in Anna: Anna City Hall (A), Stinson Memorial Library (B), Anna Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Anna include: Anna Heights Baptist Church (A), Church of Christ (B), Church of the Nazarene (C), First Baptist Church (D), First Christian Church (E), First Presbyterian Church (F), Mount Moriah Evangelical Lutheran Church (G), Saint Annes Episcopal Church (H), Saint Marys Roman Catholic Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Anna Plaza Motel (150 East Vienna).
Court: Illinois State - Department of Rehabilitation Services- Rehabilitation SVCS Department- (Lick Creek Road).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 26.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 24.2. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 18.2 miles away from the city center.
(19.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 12.8% for Black residents, 95.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Anna in 2010:
- 140 people in group homes intended for adults
- 126 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 25 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 13 people in hospitals with patients who have no usual home elsewhere
People in group quarters in Anna in 2000:
- 258 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 145 people in nursing homes
- 112 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 50 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 31 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
- 20 people in residential treatment centers for emotionally disturbed children
Banks with branches in Anna (2011 data):
- The Anna -Jonesboro National Bank: Anna Branch, The Anna -jonesboro National Bank, East Vienna Drive-In Facility. Info updated 2007/05/30: Bank assets: $231.7 mil, Deposits: $200.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Union County Bancshares, Inc.
- Anna State Bank: at 100 East Vienna Street, branch established on 1930/09/18. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $70.5 mil, Deposits: $60.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Asb Management Corp
- Capaha Bank, SB: Anna Branch at 358 South Main Street, branch established on 1989/06/30. Info updated 2010/08/02: Bank assets: $177.8 mil, Deposits: $160.5 mil, headquarters in Tamms, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Tammcorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Anna city (based on Union County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Union County:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Union County:||1.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Union County:||3.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Anna, IL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||7||$29,767||$51,029||3||$1,329|
|Streets and Highways||5||$17,977||$43,145||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$5,226||$31,356||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$3,663||$43,956||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||35||$140,979||$48,336||6||$4,589|
Anna government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $441,000 ($101.82)
Regular Highways: $427,000 ($98.59)
Central Staff Services: $335,000 ($77.35)
Gas Utilities: $303,000 ($69.96)
Fire Protection: $296,000 ($68.34)
Water Utilities: $289,000 ($66.73)
Sewerage: $273,000 ($63.03)
Housing & Community Development: $244,000 ($56.34)
Parks & Recreation: $162,000 ($37.40)
Solid Waste Management: $137,000 ($31.63)
General - Other: $130,000 ($30.02)
- General - Interest on Debt: $63,000 ($14.55)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - General: $16,000 ($3.69)
- Other Capital Outlay - Central Staff: $944,000 ($217.96)
Housing & Community Development: $75,000 ($17.32)
Regular Highways: $42,000 ($9.70)
Water Utilities: $16,000 ($3.69)
General - Other: $13,000 ($3.00)
Police Protection: $8,000 ($1.85)
Fire Protection: $8,000 ($1.85)
Solid Waste Management: $5,000 ($1.15)
Welfare - Other: $3,000 ($0.69)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($0.23)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,380,000 ($318.63)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $70,000 ($16.16)
Anna government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $416,000 ($96.05)
Solid Waste Management: $155,000 ($35.79)
All Other: $29,000 ($6.70)
Parks & Recreation: $20,000 ($4.62)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $232,000 ($53.57)
General Revenue, NEC: $121,000 ($27.94)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $387,000 ($89.36)
Gas Utilities: $381,000 ($87.97)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,583,000 ($365.50)
Housing & Community Development: $319,000 ($73.66)
All Other: $206,000 ($47.56)
Highways: $142,000 ($32.79)
- Tax - Property: $247,000 ($57.03)
NEC: $59,000 ($13.62)
Anna government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $1,175,000 ($271.30)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,055,000 ($243.59)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $1,065,000 ($245.90)
Other, NEC: $1,015,000 ($234.36)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $110,000 ($25.40)
Other, NEC: $40,000 ($9.24)
Anna government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $5,365,000 ($1238.74)
4.42% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,782 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Jackson County, IL||0.78% ($38,308 average AGI)|
|from Williamson County, IL||0.26% ($29,118)|
|from Johnson County, IL||0.24% ($46,938)|
4.75% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,486 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Anna:
- WIBH (1440 AM; 1 kW; ANNA, IL; Owner: WIBH, INC.)
- KZIM (960 AM; 5 kW; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
- WDDD (810 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KAPE (1550 AM; 5 kW; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WGGH (1150 AM; 5 kW; MARION, IL)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WPAD (1560 AM; 10 kW; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WCIL (1020 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Anna:
- KGMO (100.7 FM; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WCIL-FM (101.5 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KEZS-FM (102.9 FM; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: ZIMMER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKIB (96.5 FM; ANNA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS)
- KRCU (90.9 FM; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS, SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WOOZ-FM (99.9 FM; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: ZIMMER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KREZ (104.7 FM; CHAFFEE, MO; Owner: DANA R. WITHERS)
- WUEZ (95.1 FM; CARTERVILLE, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- KGKS (93.9 FM; SCOTT CITY, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC.)
- WGCF (89.3 FM; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: CHRISTIAN BUSINESSMEN'S ASSOC, INC.)
- WSIU (91.9 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WDDD-FM (107.3 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTAO-FM (105.1 FM; MURPHYSBORO, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBEL (88.5 FM; CAIRO, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WVZA (92.7 FM; HERRIN, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQUL (97.7 FM; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WXAN (103.9 FM; AVA, IL; Owner: HAROLD L. LAWDER)
TV broadcast stations around Anna:
- KFVS-TV (Channel 12; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- KBSI (Channel 23; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: KBSI LICENSEE L.P.)
- WDKA (Channel 49; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WDKA ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WPSD-TV (Channel 6; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WPSD-TV, LLC)
- WSIL-TV (Channel 3; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: WSIL-TV, INC.)
- KCGI-CA (Channel 45; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
- WTCT (Channel 27; MARION, IL; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
- K47FB (Channel 47; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K69HT (Channel 69; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W10AH (Channel 10; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: WPSD-TV, LLC)
- K65GP (Channel 65; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:49 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Anna)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Anna, IL)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:31 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Anna)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: CESSNA 560 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 11, Weight: 12,500 - 19,999 Pounds), Engine: P&W CANADA JT15D 5 SER (2900 Pounds of Thrust) (Turbo-fan)
N-Number: 284CP , Serial Number: 560-0358, Year manufactured: 1996, Airworthiness Date: 04/12/1996
Registrant (Corporation): Cook Sales Inc, Po Box 687, Anna, IL 62906
- Aircraft: LEARJET INC 45 (Category: Land, Engines: 2, Seats: 12, Weight: 20,000+ Pounds), Engine: AIRESEARCH TFE731 SER (3500 Pounds of Thrust) (Turbo-fan)
N-Number: 450BC , Serial Number: 075, Year manufactured: 2000, Airworthiness Date: 01/31/2000
Registrant (Corporation): Cunningham Charter Corp, 120 N Main St, Anna, IL 62906
- Aircraft: HARTLINE JOHN BON KITFOX IV SPEEDSTER (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 998K , Serial Number: KBS 047
Registrant (Individual): J Bon Trustee Hartline, 1 Taildragger Ln, Anna, IL 62906
Drinking water stations with addresses in Anna and their reported violations in the past:ANNA (Address: 103 MARKET ST , Population served: 5,043, Purch groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2014 and MAR-2014, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-11-2014), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-11-2014), St Compliance achieved (MAR-12-2014), St Public Notif received (MAY-05-2014)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2010 and DEC-2010, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-21-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-21-2010), St Compliance achieved (DEC-28-2010), St Public Notif received (APR-22-2011)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In FEB-2009, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-12-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-12-2009), St Public Notif received (APR-01-2009), St Compliance achieved (SEP-01-2009)
- 2 minor monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 32
- Hazardous Condition: 6
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Anna
|Most common first names in Anna, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Anna, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (65%)
- Electricity (33%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Anna, IL|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Jones New York||1||UPS||1|
Anna compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Anna on our top lists:
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other nonhousehold living situations (population 1,000+)"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally retarded (population 1,000+)"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in residential treatment centers for emotionally disturbed children (population 1,000+)"
- #57 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally ill (population 1,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest surface withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2018.