We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.6 years|
|Kansas median age:||36.0 years|
Zip codes: 67003.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,737 (it was $14,540 in 2000)
Anthony city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $62,224 (it was $43,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $69,443; Detached houses: $71,406; Mobile homes: $14,006
Median gross rent in 2013: $633.
Races in Anthony, KS (2013)
- 2,19193.9%White alone
- 401.7%Two or more races
- 371.6%American Indian alone
- 100.4%Black alone
- 40.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Go Shockers!! (4 replies)|
|Overcoming Tornado Fear (41 replies)|
|Moving to Manhattan, KS! Suggestions please! (9 replies)|
|So, what do you LOVE about Kansas? (73 replies)|
|No casino for Wichita (58 replies)|
|attica,kansas (1 reply)|
Latest news from Anthony, KS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (24.8%), English (13.5%), United States (11.6%), Irish (9.1%), French (3.2%), Scottish (3.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1350 feet
Land area: 1.53 square miles.
Population density: 1,476 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Anthony:
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Anthony city:
- Never married: 17.1%
- Now married: 51.9%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 10.5%
- Divorced: 19.3%
12 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kansas and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Anthony, Kansas as of August 02, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Anthony to the number of sex offenders is 317 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,297 (2.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,070 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Wichita, KS (53.1 miles , pop. 344,284).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (309.3 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Harper, KS (3.0 miles ), Freeport, KS (3.2 miles) , Bluff City, KS (3.2 miles) , Manchester, OK (3.3 miles) , Danville, KS (3.4 miles) , Attica, KS (3.5 miles ), Waldron, KS (3.7 miles) , Argonia, KS (4.1 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $110,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $400,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $30,000
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $37,700
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $18,200
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $64,000
- 2006: 1 building, cost: $15,000
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $70,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $167,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $267,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $55,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.15 N, Longitude: 98.03 W
Area code: 620
|Crime rates in Anthony by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 289.3)||81.5||99.1||172.2||208.9||171.4||160.3||112.5||68.4||176.5||234.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Anthony detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.72|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (19%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Utilities (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Construction (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (25%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Finance and insurance (15%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (12%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (27%)
- Personal care and service occupations (16%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
Average climate in Anthony, Kansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Anthony-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Kansas state average. It is 114% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/12/2004, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.2 miles away from the Anthony city center injured one person and caused $280,000 in damages.
On 5/25/1955, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 36.3 miles away from the city center killed 20 people and injured 280 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Anthony-area historical earthquake activity is near Kansas state average. It is 65% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/15/1995 at 00:31:33, a magnitude 4.1 (3.8 LG, 4.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 41.4 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 154.2 miles away from Anthony center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 324.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 194.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 165.5 miles away from Anthony center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 166.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Harper County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 6, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dennis Moore - Politician, Harry Carmean - Artist, Myron Roderick - Wrestler.
Hospitals and medical centers in Anthony:
Airports, heliports and other landing facilities located in Anthony:
- Anthony Municipal Airport (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 3,000, Local Ops: 3,200)
- Wilcox Fld Airport (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 10, Local Ops: 70)
- Anthony Hospital Heliport
- Anthony Balloonport
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Anthony:
- Wichita Technical Institute (about 51 miles; Wichita, KS; Full-time enrollment: 2,015)
- Newman University (about 51 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,066)
- Friends University (about 52 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,024)
- Northern Oklahoma College (about 53 miles; Tonkawa, OK; FT enrollment: 3,414)
- Cowley County Community College (about 55 miles; Arkansas City, KS; FT enrollment: 3,173)
- Wichita State University (about 56 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 11,743)
- Wichita Area Technical College (about 61 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,220)
Public high school in Anthony:
- Chaparral High Anthony School (Students: 263; Location: 467 NORTH STATE ROAD 14; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Anthony:
- Anthony Elementary School (Students: 340; Location: 215 S SPRINGFIELD; Grades: PK-8)
Notable locations in Anthony: Anthony Downs Races (A), Harper County Sheriff's Department Jail (B), Kansas Highway Patrol Troop F (C), Anthony Police Department (D), Harper County Sheriff's Department (E), Harper County Court House (F), Anthony Public Library (G), Harper County Emergency Medical Services (H), Harper County Health Department (I), Anthony City Hall (J), Anthony Municipal Hall (K), Anthony Chamber of Commerce (L), Anthony Fire Department (M). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Anthony include: Assembly of God Church (A), Central Baptist Church (B), Sacred Heart Church (C), Sun Light Worship Center (D), Anthony Church of Christ (E), First Congregational United Church of Christ (F), First Pentecostal Church (G), Church of the Nazarene (H), First Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Forest Park Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Historical Museum of Anthony Inc (502 East Main Street), Park Hill Lanes (Amusement & Theme Parks; Highway 14), Chamber of Commerce (227 West Main Street).
Hotels: Anthony Motel (423 West Main Street), Trade Winds Motel (322 West Main Street).
Court: Harper-County - Magistrate Judge- Clerk Of District Court (Courthouse).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Anthony and their reported violations in the past:ANTHONY, CITY OF (Population served: 2,218, Groundwater):
Past health violations:HARPER CO RWD 2 (Population served: 174, Purch groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Single Sample - Between JAN-2010 and DEC-2010, Contaminant: Nitrate. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-27-2011), St Intentional no-action (FEB-07-2011), St Compliance achieved (SEP-27-2011)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2005, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-29-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-29-2006), St Public Notif received (JUN-26-2007), St Compliance achieved (SEP-20-2007)
- One minor monitoring violation
- One regular monitoring violation
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUN-2010, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance Meeting conducted (JUN-24-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-24-2010), St Public Notif requested (JUN-24-2010), St Public Notif received (JUL-02-2010), St Compliance achieved (JUL-31-2010)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-09-2005), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-09-2005), St Compliance Meeting conducted (SEP-20-2005), St Compliance achieved (SEP-30-2005), St Compliance Meeting conducted (OCT-27-2005), St Public Notif received (NOV-04-2005)
(18.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 79.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 73.0% for American Indian residents, 57.1% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
3 people in hospitals with patients who have no usual home elsewhere in 2010
People in group quarters in Anthony in 2000:
- 30 people in nursing homes
- 18 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 18 people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill
- 11 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Anthony compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Anthony (2011 data):
- Kanza Bank: Anthony Citizens Branch at 102 East Main Street, branch established on 1903/05/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $203.1 mil, Deposits: $166.9 mil, headquarters in Kingman, KS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Kanza Financial Corporation
- Bank of Kansas: Anthony Branch at Main And Bluff Streets, branch established on 1885/09/21. Info updated 2010/02/05: Bank assets: $330.0 mil, Deposits: $281.3 mil, headquarters in South Hutchinson, KS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Southwest Bancorp, Inc.
- The Freeport State Bank: Anthony Branch at 300 West Main Street, branch established on 1989/09/05. Info updated 2010/06/01: Bank assets: $23.5 mil, Deposits: $21.8 mil, headquarters in Harper, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (87%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Anthony city (based on Harper County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Harper County:||5.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harper County:||1.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||0.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harper County:||5.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$18,027||$43,265||5||$2,500|
|Police Protection - Officers||6||$22,916||$45,832||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$2,726||$32,712||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||3||$9,927||$39,708||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$2,418||$29,016||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,296||$27,552||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$1,763||$21,156||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||37||$125,309||$40,641||7||$4,635|
Anthony government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - General - Other: $2,000 ($0.89)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $2,998,000 ($1330.08)
Water Utilities: $380,000 ($168.59)
Police Protection: $235,000 ($104.26)
Regular Highways: $220,000 ($97.60)
General - Other: $178,000 ($78.97)
Sewerage: $173,000 ($76.75)
Central Staff Services: $111,000 ($49.25)
Libraries: $54,000 ($23.96)
Local Fire Protection: $46,000 ($20.41)
Parks and Recreation: $45,000 ($19.96)
Air Transportation: $35,000 ($15.53)
Natural Resources - Other: $29,000 ($12.87)
- Electric Utilities - Interest on Debt: $68,000 ($30.17)
- General - Interest on Debt: $200,000 ($88.73)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $251,000 ($111.36)
Sewerage: $89,000 ($39.49)
Electric Utilities: $71,000 ($31.50)
Water Utilities: $20,000 ($8.87)
Local Fire Protection: $11,000 ($4.88)
Regular Highways: $5,000 ($2.22)
Police Protection: $1,000 ($0.44)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $458,000 ($203.19)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $19,000 ($8.43)
Anthony government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $267,000 ($118.46)
Air Transportation: $33,000 ($14.64)
All Other: $24,000 ($10.65)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $131,000 ($58.12)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $439,000 ($194.76)
Interest Earnings: $70,000 ($31.06)
Donations From Private Sources: $29,000 ($12.87)
Special Assessments: $14,000 ($6.21)
Rents: $14,000 ($6.21)
Sale of Property: $5,000 ($2.22)
Fines and Forfeits: $5,000 ($2.22)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $2,656,000 ($1178.35)
Water Utilities: $406,000 ($180.12)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $135,000 ($59.89)
General Local Government Support: $16,000 ($7.10)
All Other: $12,000 ($5.32)
- Tax - Property: $704,000 ($312.33)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $418,000 ($185.45)
Public Utilities Sales: $190,000 ($84.29)
Other License: $15,000 ($6.65)
Other Selective Sales: $5,000 ($2.22)
Anthony government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $7,262,000 ($3221.83)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $6,850,000 ($3039.04)
Issue, Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,897,000 ($841.61)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,485,000 ($658.83)
Anthony government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $1,030,000 ($456.97)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $506,000 ($224.49)
4.57% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,337 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Sedgwick County, KS||0.57% ($27,462 average AGI)|
5.72% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,992 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Anthony:
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KFTI (1070 AM; 10 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KCRC (1390 AM; 10 kW; ENID, OK; Owner: CHISHOLM TRAIL BROADCASTING CO.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KWLS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PRATT, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KMYR (1410 AM; 5 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: AGAPE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KFH (1330 AM; 5 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: ENTERCOM WICHITA LICENSE, LLC)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTBZ (1430 AM; 25 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KQAM (1480 AM; 5 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Anthony:
- KCCA-LP (92.1 FM; ANTHONY, KS; Owner: THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF ANTHONY, KANSAS, INC.)
- KQBL (96.9 FM; ENID, OK; Owner: CHAMPLIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KANR (92.7 FM; BELLE PLAINE, KS; Owner: DANIEL D. SMITH)
- KTCM (100.3 FM; KINGMAN, KS; Owner: MARIA L. SALAZAR)
- KNID (99.7 FM; ALVA, OK; Owner: CHRISHOLM TRAIL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFH-FM (98.7 FM; CLEARWATER, KS; Owner: ENTERCOM WICHITA LICENSE, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Anthony fatal accident list:
Dec 29, 1981 05:55 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Jun 27, 1980 11:15 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 0mTotal length
- $25,000Total costs
- 5,110Total average daily traffic
- 255Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,646Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 27 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Anthony, KS)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 17 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Anthony)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 17 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Anthony)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 19
|Most common first names in Anthony, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Anthony, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Anthony, KS|
|H&R Block||1||True Value||1|
Anthony on our top lists:
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill"
- #59 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Life, physical, and social science technicians"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #57 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.