|Median resident age:||45.2 years|
|Missouri median age:||33.9 years|
Zip codes: 64724.
Appleton City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $56,965 (it was $44,600 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $486.
- White alone - 1,152 (92.2%)
- Hispanic - 55 (4.4%)
- Black alone - 21 (1.7%)
- Two or more races - 7 (0.6%)
- Asian alone - 6 (0.5%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.3%)
|Rockville, MO -What school district? (1 reply)|
|Is Clinton a good place to live? (25 replies)|
|I Love Old Barns (19 replies)|
|Excessive Heat Warning (99 replies)|
|Help me find an inexpensive, rural MO town (98 replies)|
|Collins,MO (1 reply)|
Latest news from Appleton City, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (22.5%), Irish (18.6%), United States (13.8%), English (12.7%), French (2.9%), Scottish (2.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1871
Elevation: 836 feet
Land area: 1.15 square miles.
Population density: 958 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Appleton City:
- High school or higher: 82.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 4.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Appleton City city:
- Never married: 20.1%
- Now married: 45.5%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 17.1%
- Divorced: 13.8%
42 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Appleton City, Missouri as of May 23, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Appleton City to the number of sex offenders is 364 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $533 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $624 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lee's Summit, MO (54.0 miles , pop. 70,700).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Kansas City, MO (67.6 miles , pop. 441,545).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (403.9 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Montrose, MO (2.3 miles ), Rockville, MO (3.0 miles) , La Due, MO (3.4 miles) , Schell City, MO (3.6 miles ), Deepwater, MO (3.8 miles ), Lowry City, MO (4.1 miles ), Brownington, MO (4.1 miles) , Butler, MO (4.2 miles ).
Latitude: 38.19 N, Longitude: 94.03 W
Area code: 660
|Crime rates in Appleton City by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 296.0)||227.4||249.5||204.9||359.2||168.5||215.9||220.5||92.7||221.4||169.3||245.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Appleton City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.80|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (22%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Information (9%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (54%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Manufacturing (3%)
- Utilities (2%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Carpenters (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Child care workers (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (5%)
Average climate in Appleton City, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Appleton City-area historical tornado activity is near Missouri state average. It is 54% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/1999, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 12.9 miles away from the Appleton City city center injured one person and caused $50,000 in damages.
On 4/19/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 35.8 miles away from the city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Appleton City-area historical earthquake activity is near Missouri state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 255.9 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 257.0 miles away from Appleton City center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 333.8 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 270.3 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 230.2 miles away from Appleton City center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 232.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Birthplace of: Byron Calame - Newspaper editor, Donald L. Cox - Field Marshall of the Black Panther Party, Vester Pegg - Actor.
Hospitals and medical centers in Appleton City:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Appleton City:
- University of Central Missouri (about 43 miles; Warrensburg, MO; Full-time enrollment: 9,952)
- Southwest Baptist University (about 53 miles; Bolivar, MO; FT enrollment: 2,783)
- State Fair Community College (about 55 miles; Sedalia, MO; FT enrollment: 3,581)
- Wright Career College (about 63 miles; Overland Park, KS; FT enrollment: 3,107)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (about 63 miles; Olathe, KS; FT enrollment: 2,158)
- Johnson County Community College (about 64 miles; Overland Park, KS; FT enrollment: 11,976)
- Rockhurst University (about 66 miles; Kansas City, MO; FT enrollment: 2,013)
Public high school in Appleton City:
- Appleton City High School (Students: 194; Location: 408 W 4th; Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Appleton City:
Notable location: Appleton City Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Appleton City and their reported violations in the past:APPLETON CITY (Population served: 1,127, Purch surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2011, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-01-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-01-2011), St Public Notif received (DEC-27-2011), St Compliance achieved (JUN-28-2012)
- 5 routine major monitoring violations
- 9 minor monitoring violations
(29.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 39.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 58.5% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
73 people in nursing homes in 2000
Appleton City compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Appleton City (2011 data):
- Community First Bank: Appleton City Branch at 214-16 West 4th Street, branch established on 1913/01/01. Info updated 2010/08/12: Bank assets: $158.6 mil, Deposits: $135.2 mil, headquarters in Butler, MO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Community First Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (41%)
- Electricity (40%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (10%)
- Wood (6%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Appleton City city (based on St. Clair County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 47.82%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Old Missionary Baptists Associations|
|Name||Assemblies of God||Catholic Church||Church of the Nazarene||Church of the Brethren||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|St. Clair County:||6.39 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|St. Clair County:||5.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|St. Clair County:||28.8%|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$5,183||$20,732||1||$1,351|
|Police Protection - Officers||2||$31,764||$190,584||1||$8,803|
|Streets and Highways||0||$0||2||$7,014|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||5||$1,691|
|Totals for Government||8||$50,519||$75,779||14||$33,711|
6.77% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,743 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Henry County, MO||0.84% ($16,692 average AGI)|
|from Jackson County, MO||0.81% ($37,480)|
|from Cedar County, MO||0.39% ($20,750)|
6.80% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,005 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Appleton City:
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KCMO (710 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
- KDKD (1280 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, MO; Owner: CLINTON RADIO COMPANY)
- KCSP (610 AM; 5 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: ENTERCOM KANSAS CITY LICENSE, LLC)
- KCCV (760 AM; daytime; 6 kW; OVERLAND PARK, KS; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KRMS (1150 AM; 10 kW; OSAGE BEACH, MO; Owner: VIPER COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KCTE (1510 AM; daytime; 10 kW; INDEPENDENCE, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KXTR (1660 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS; Owner: ENTERCOM KANSAS CITY LICENSE, LLC)
- KMAM (1530 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BUTLER, MO; Owner: BATES COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Appleton City:
- KDKD-FM (95.3 FM; CLINTON, MO; Owner: CLINTON RADIO COMPANY, INC.)
- KLRQ (96.1 FM; CLINTON, MO; Owner: B & F BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCFX (101.1 FM; HARRISONVILLE, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
- KCVJ (92.3 FM; OSCEOLA, MO; Owner: LAKE AREA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KMOE (92.1 FM; BUTLER, MO; Owner: BATES COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Appleton City fatal accident list:
Total length: 0 meters
Total average daily traffic: 1,470
Total average daily truck traffic: 147
Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic: 2,499
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 28
- Hazardous Condition: 2
Incident types - Appleton City
|Most common first names in Appleton City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Appleton City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Appleton City, MO
- Ford: 1
- True Value: 1
- UPS: 1
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.