Fayette County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 32.8. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 16.1. This is better than average. There were 9 monitors within city limits.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2010 was 0.237. This is significantly better than average. There were 33 monitors within city limits.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 12.7. This is worse than average. There were 34 monitors within city limits.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 10.0. This is about average. There were 12 monitors within city limits.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Arlington that have no violations reported:
- ARLINGTON WATER SUPPLY (Address: PO BOX 160, Population served: 490, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 4.3%
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.3 people|
|Iowa: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 63.9%|
|Whole state: || 66.4%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 3.8%|
|Whole state: || 4.9%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Arlington, IA
Arlington compared to Iowa state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Arlington (2011 data):
- Farmers Savings Bank: Arlington Branch at 727 Main Street, branch established on 1981/05/30. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $144.0 mil, Deposits: $128.3 mil, headquarters in Colesburg, IA, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Marjon Bancorporation, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (76%)
- Electricity (17%)
- Wood (2%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Fayette County Iowa:
Religion statistics for Arlington (based on Fayette County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 75.78%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Methodist Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Lutheran Church|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||North American Baptist Conference||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|| The Wesleyan Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Fayette County:||0.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Fayette County:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||8.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Iowa:||7.8%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||27.3%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Totals for Government
Arlington government finances in 2002:
- Charges - Sewerage: $37,000 ($86.25)
Solid Waste Management: $22,000 ($51.28)
All Other: $3,000 ($6.99)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $81,000 ($188.81)
Regular Highways: $49,000 ($114.22)
Water Utilities: $45,000 ($104.90)
Solid Waste Management: $29,000 ($67.60)
General - Other: $28,000 ($65.27)
Libraries: $20,000 ($46.62)
Fire Protection: $17,000 ($39.63)
General Public Buildings: $8,000 ($18.65)
Parks & Recreation: $8,000 ($18.65)
Financial Administration: $3,000 ($6.99)
Central Staff Services: $3,000 ($6.99)
Health Services - Other: $1,000 ($2.33)
Judicial and Legal Services: $1,000 ($2.33)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $13,000 ($30.30)
- General - Interest on Debt: $11,000 ($25.64)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $47,000 ($109.56)
Health & Hospitals: $2,000 ($4.66)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $157,000 ($365.97)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $85,000 ($198.14)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $87,000 ($202.80)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $122,000 ($284.38)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $33,000 ($76.92)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $7,000 ($16.32)
Interest Earnings: $3,000 ($6.99)
Rents: $1,000 ($2.33)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $17,000 ($39.63)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $197,000 ($459.21)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $48,000 ($111.89)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $45,000 ($104.90)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $39,000 ($90.91)
General Support: $10,000 ($23.31)
All Other: $2,000 ($4.66)
- Tax - Property: $83,000 ($193.47)
Total General Sales: $29,000 ($67.60)
NEC: $1,000 ($2.33)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $56,000 ($130.54)
4.80% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($27,649 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.45% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($29,117 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Arlington:
- KKHQ (950 AM; 5 kW; OELWEIN, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KCNZ (1250 AM; 10 kW; CEDAR FALLS, IA; Owner: FIFE COMMUNICATION COMPANY, L.C.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMT (600 AM; 5 kW; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KADR (1400 AM; 1 kW; ELKADER, IA; Owner: DESIGN HOMES, INC.)
- KDNZ (1650 AM; 10 kW; CEDAR FALLS, IA; Owner: FIFE COMMUNICATIONS CO., LLC)
- KWLO (1330 AM; 5 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Arlington:
- KOEL-FM (92.3 FM; OELWEIN, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KFMW (107.9 FM; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KUNI (90.9 FM; CEDAR FALLS, IA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA)
- KOKZ (105.7 FM; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KNWS-FM (101.9 FM; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KQMG-FM (95.3 FM; INDEPENDENCE, IA; Owner: KEENE OF IOWA, INC.)
- KCTN (100.1 FM; GARNAVILLO, IA; Owner: DESIGN HOMES, INC.)
- KMCH (94.7 FM; MANCHESTER, IA; Owner: FIFE COMMUNICATION COMPANY, L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Arlington:
- KWWL (Channel 7; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- KGAN (Channel 2; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: KGAN LICENSEE, LLC)
- KCRG-TV (Channel 9; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CEDAR RAPIDS TELEVISION CO.)
- KRIN (Channel 32; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KPXR (Channel 48; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- KFXA (Channel 28; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: SECOND GENERATION OF IOWA, LTD.)
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 1
Total length: 0 meters
Total costs: $210,000
Total average daily traffic: 26
Total future (year 2028) average daily traffic: 31
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
- Hwy 187 S (Lat: 42.762222 Lon: -91.599444), Type: Tower, Structure height: 149 m, Overall height: 149 m
Registrant: Arlington Coop Commission Co, Box 190 Hwy 187 S, Arlington, IA 50606, Phone: (319) 633-3415
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- 1 Mi E 1/2 Mi S Jct Hwy 3 & 187 (Lat: 42.682194 Lon: -91.626556), Call Sign: KNFK708, Licensee ID: L00031993
Assigned Frequencies: 153.050 MHz
Grant Date: 04/16/1997, Expiration Date: 06/01/2002, Cancellation Date: 10/06/2002
Registrant: Tim Hamlett & Sons Inc, R D 1, Arlington, IA 50606
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- QJO, Ne Of Intersection 95th St & Cr-C2w/Bell Rd (Lat: 42.768250 Lon: -91.615222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 11.6 m, Call Sign: WQFE353
Assigned Frequencies: 10638.7 MHz
Grant Date: 06/26/2006, Expiration Date: 06/26/2016, Certifier: Mike Mead
Registrant: Harris Corporation - Microwave Communications Division, 637 Davis Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560, Phone: (919) 767-3250, Fax: (919) 767-3231, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KD0LKF, Licensee ID: L01565768
Grant Date: 04/30/2010, Expiration Date: 04/30/2020, Certifier: Ronald C Wescott
Registrant: Ronald C Wescott, 862 High St, Arlington, IA 50606
|Most common first names in Arlington, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Arlington, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Plastics and rubber products"
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Social scientists and related workers"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Warehousing and storage"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers"
- #77 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Leather and allied products"
- #21 (50606) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of taxpayers using paid preparers for 2004 taxes (pop 1,000+)"