|Median resident age:||41.7 years|
|Arizona median age:||34.2 years|
Zip code: 86337
Ashfork CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $72,897 (it was $47,000 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,389 (73.5%)
- Hispanic - 408 (21.6%)
- Two or more races - 43 (2.3%)
- Black alone - 22 (1.2%)
- American Indian alone - 19 (1.0%)
- Asian alone - 7 (0.4%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 3 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: MST (no DST) time zone
Land area: 1522.5 square miles.
Population density: 1.6 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Ashfork:
- High school or higher: 76.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 10.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ashfork CCD:
- Never married: 19.5%
- Now married: 62.1%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 13.0%
According to our research of Arizona and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Ashfork, Arizona as of July 04, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Ashfork to the number of sex offenders is 2,373 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Ashfork CCD:||0.7% ($347)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Flagstaff, AZ (71.7 miles , pop. 52,894).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Glendale, AZ (122.8 miles , pop. 218,812).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (128.6 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Seligman, AZ (2.2 miles ), Ash Fork, AZ (4.8 miles ), Paulden, AZ (5.8 miles ), Peach Springs, AZ (5.9 miles ), Williams, AZ (6.3 miles ), Truxton, AZ (6.4 miles) , Hualapai, AZ (6.4 miles) , Chino Valley, AZ (6.6 miles ).
Latitude: 35.26 N, Longitude: 112.90 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 928
Unemployment by year (%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (23%)
- Construction (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Gasoline stations (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (36%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Gasoline stations (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (5%)
- Health care (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (3%)
- Extraction workers (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (10%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (10%)
- Waiters and waitresses (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (8%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Cashiers (7%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
Average climate in Ashfork, Arizona
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Ashfork-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Arizona state average. It is 509% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 219.5 miles away from the city center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
On 10/16/1999 at 09:46:44, a magnitude 7.4 (6.3 MB, 7.4 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.3 ML) earthquake occurred 207.1 miles away from Ashfork center
On 5/19/1940 at 04:36:40, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 213.2 miles away from the city center, causing $33,000,000 total damage
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 345.6 miles away from the city center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 12/31/1934 at 18:45:56, a magnitude 7.1 (7.1 UK) earthquake occurred 242.2 miles away from Ashfork center
On 10/15/1979 at 23:16:54, a magnitude 7.0 (5.7 MB, 6.9 MS, 7.0 ML, 6.4 MW) earthquake occurred 230.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Yavapai County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Fires: 6, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ashfork:
- Yavapai College (about 56 miles; Prescott, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 4,258)
- Northcentral University (about 58 miles; Prescott Valley, AZ; FT enrollment: 5,927)
- Mohave Community College (about 64 miles; Kingman, AZ; FT enrollment: 3,309)
- Northern Arizona University (about 71 miles; Flagstaff, AZ; FT enrollment: 22,494)
- Coconino Community College (about 72 miles; Flagstaff, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,090)
- Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc-Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Division (about 118 miles; Phoenix, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,976)
- Arizona State University-West (about 122 miles; Glendale, AZ; FT enrollment: 3,454)
Notable locations in Ashfork: Cowden Ranch (A), Double O Ranch (B), Ash Fork Substation (C), Camp Cotton (D), E L Camp (E), H-Ranch (F), New Water Line Camp (G), Pollocks Substation (H), Rok Siding (I), Chino Station (J), Arizona Highway Maintenance Yard (K), Seligman Compressor Station (L), Cruice Siding (M), Wood Spur Siding (N), Prairie Siding (O), Meath Siding (P), Yavapai Ranch (Q), Anvil Rock Ranch (R), Bear Creek Camp (S), Dennys Ranch (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Ashfork: First Southern Baptist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Nelson Cemetery (1), Ash Fork Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Meadow Lake (A), Red Lake (B), Lindberg Tank (C), Limestone Tank (D), Wood Camp Tank (E), Barrata (F), Bass Pond Tank (G), Bean Dam Tank (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bear Creek (A), Pineveta Wash (B), Meath Wash (C), Muddy Creek (D), Muddy Wash (E), Francis Creek (F), Hop Creek (G), Fork Rock Creek (H), Partridge Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.9% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Ashfork compared to Arizona state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (47%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (30%)
- Wood (17%)
- Electricity (4%)
- Solar energy (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ashfork CCD (based on Yavapai County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 29.73%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Assemblies of God||United Methodist Church|
|Name||Conservative Baptist Association of America||Charismatic Churches Independent||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Yavapai County:||1.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||1.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Yavapai County:||0.57 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Yavapai County:||3.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.21 / 10,000 pop.|
7.47% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($44,754 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($177 average AGI)
Yavapai County: 0.04% Arizona average: 0.07%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Maricopa County, AZ||1.82% ($43,853 average AGI)|
|from Coconino County, AZ||0.49% ($39,637)|
|from Los Angeles County, CA||0.22% ($60,770)|
7.10% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,083 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved to foreign countries ($207 average AGI)
Yavapai County: 0.05% Arizona average: 0.09%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ashfork:
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KYET (1180 AM; 10 kW; WILLIAMS, AZ; Owner: GRAND CANYON GATEWAY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KFNX (1100 AM; 50 kW; CAVE CREEK, AZ; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KPXQ (1360 AM; 50 kW; GLENDALE, AZ; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMIK (1580 AM; 50 kW; TEMPE, AZ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KAZM (780 AM; 5 kW; SEDONA, AZ; Owner: TABBACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KFLT (830 AM; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FAMILY LIFE B/CING SYSTEM, INC.)
- KAFF (930 AM; 5 kW; FLAGSTAFF, AZ; Owner: GUYANN CORPORATION)
- KFNN (1510 AM; 22 kW; MESA, AZ; Owner: CRC BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ashfork:
- KZKE (103.3 FM; SELIGMAN, AZ; Owner: ROUTE 66 BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KJZA (89.5 FM; DRAKE, AZ; Owner: ST. PAUL BIBLE COLLEGE)
- K256AA (99.1 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: CAROL L. VINE DBA VINE COMMUNICATNS)
- K264AB (100.7 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: CAROL L. VINE DBA VINE COMMUNICATNS)
- K268AC (101.5 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: CAROL L. VINE DBA VINE COMMUNICATNS)
- KWMX (96.7 FM; WILLIAMS, AZ; Owner: RED ROCK COMMUNICATIONS II, LTD.)
- KRRN (92.7 FM; DOLAN SPRINGS, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K280EH (103.9 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: JANE G. BREDER)
- KGMN (100.1 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: NEW WEST BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- K242AQ (96.3 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: DONALD F. HENDREN)
- K224BV (92.7 FM; KINGMAN, AZ; Owner: RICHARD R. FULKERSON)
- KAHM (102.1 FM; PRESCOTT, AZ; Owner: SOUTHWEST FM BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- K201CQ (88.1 FM; PRESCOTT, AZ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KVRD-FM (105.7 FM; COTTONWOOD, AZ; Owner: YAVAPAI BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KKLD (98.3 FM; PRESCOTT VALLEY, AZ; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- KGCB (90.9 FM; PRESCOTT, AZ; Owner: GRAND CANYON BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KZGL (95.9 FM; COTTONWOOD, AZ; Owner: YAVAPAI BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K246AA (97.1 FM; PRESCOTT, AZ; Owner: LERNER FILM & TAPE PROD., INC.)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2
- Ashfork, 5.3 Miles West Of Ashfork On I-40 Near Watertanks (I-40/89 Intersec) (Lat: 35.216778 Lon: -112.484611), Type: Mast, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 59.7 m, Call Sign: KNKQ379
Assigned Frequencies: 869.040 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 845.010 MHz
Grant Date: 10/15/2003, Expiration Date: 10/01/2013, Certifier: John T Scott Iii
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- 5.3 M West Of Ashfork On Interstate 40 (Lat: 35.255000 Lon: -112.558611), Type: Nntann, Structure height: 56.4 m, Overall height: 60.7 m, Call Sign: WPOI420
Assigned Frequencies: 869.040 MHz, 890.010 MHz, 824.040 MHz, 845.010 MHz
Grant Date: 02/04/1999, Expiration Date: 02/04/2009, Certifier: Gregory A Klimek
Registrant: Bell Atlantic Mobile Inc, 180 Washington Valley Road, Bedminster, NJ 07921-0761, Phone: (908) 306-7729, Fax: (908) 306-4218
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- Ashfork, Southwest Of Water Tanks, South Of I-40 (Lat: 35.216750 Lon: -112.484417), Type: Tower, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 59.8 m, Call Sign: WPQL346
Assigned Frequencies: 6636.25 MHz
Grant Date: 04/27/2010, Expiration Date: 05/08/2020, Certifier: John T Scott Iii
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- ASHFORK, 5 Miles Se Of (Lat: 35.216667 Lon: -112.481556), Overall height: 7.6 m, Call Sign: WLN387
Assigned Frequencies: 2170.00 MHz
Grant Date: 08/24/1990, Expiration Date: 02/01/2001, Cancellation Date: 10/15/1997
Registrant: U S West Communications Inc, 700 W Mineral Ave Room Co G1.24, Littleton, CO 80120
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KC7BPN, Licensee ID: L00789173
Grant Date: 12/31/2003, Expiration Date: 03/29/2014
Registrant: William G Popp, Ashfork, AZ 86320
- Call Sign: KC7YOQ, Licensee ID: L01291862
Grant Date: 06/07/2007, Expiration Date: 06/30/2017, Certifier: Danielle C Sanders
Registrant: Danielle C Sanders, Ashfork, AZ 86320-0694
- Call Sign: KC7ZUU
Grant Date: 12/19/1997, Expiration Date: 12/09/2007, Cancellation Date: 12/10/2009
Registrant: Micheal W Sample, Ashfork, AZ 86320
- Call Sign: KD7CDM, Licensee ID: L00273827
Grant Date: 10/07/2008, Expiration Date: 06/19/2018, Certifier: Kathryn A Morgan
Registrant: Kathryn A Morgan, Ashfork, AZ 85320
- Call Sign: WB7OOY
Grant Date: 03/20/1998, Expiration Date: 03/20/2008, Cancellation Date: 03/23/2010
Registrant: Donald G Davenport, Ashfork, AZ 85027
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28RT-201 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 8348Z , Serial Number: 28R-8131096
Registrant (Partnership): Leasing Co Cyt, General Delivery, Ashfork, AZ 86320
Ashfork on our top lists:
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Accommodation and food services"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Gasoline stations"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Sales and related occupations:"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales and related occupations:"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest differences between daily high and daily low temperatures"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Mining"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Gasoline stations"
- #82 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people moving in compared to moving out (pop. 50,000+)"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006 (pop. 50,000+)"