Clark County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Click to draw/clear city borders
Notable locations in Ashland: Clark County Fairgrounds (A), Ashland Municipal Power Plant (B), Farmers Co - Operative Grain Elevator Number 2 (C), Clark County Sheriff's Office Jail (D), Clark County Sheriff's Office (E), Clark County Courthouse (F), Clark County Health Department (G), Ashland Library (H), Pioneer - Krier Museum (I), Ashland City Hall (J), Ashland Community Center (K), Ashland Rural Fire Department (L). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Ashland include: First Baptist Church (A), First Christian Church (B), First Presbyterian Church (C), Lighthouse Assembly of God Church (D), Saint Joseph's Catholic Church (E), Ashland United Methodist Church (F), First Church of God (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: East Branch Bear Creek (A), West Branch Bear Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Pioneer-Krier Museum (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 430 West 4th Avenue), Bear Creek Kennel & Quail (Tours & Charters; Hc 1 Box 104).
Hotels: Red Hills Motel (West Highway 160), Wallingford Inn Bed & Breakfast (519 Maple Street).
Court: Clark County at Ashland - Clerk of District Court (913 Highland Street).
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 35.8. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 11.0. This is about average. There were 25 monitors within city limits.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2003 was 0.180. This is significantly better than average. There were 25 monitors within city limits.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 2.64. This is about average. There were 32 monitors within city limits.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 8.91. This is about average. There were 23 monitors within city limits.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µ/m3] level in 2002 was 20.9. This is about average. There were 37 monitors within city limits.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Ashland and their reported violations in the past:
ASHLAND, CITY OF (Population served: 943, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Follow-up and Routine Tap Sampling - Between JAN-01-1999 and JUN-22-2000, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-19-1999), St Public Notif received (MAR-02-2000), St Compliance achieved (JUN-22-2000)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - Between JAN-01-1994 and JUL-11-1994, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUL-11-1994)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - Between JUL-01-1993 and JAN-12-1994, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JAN-12-1994)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 15.6%
(13.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 37.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 88.4% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.2 people|
|Kansas: || 2.5 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 62.7%|
|Whole state: || 66.0%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 4.2%|
|Whole state: || 5.8%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Ashland, KS
21 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
19 people in nursing homes in 2000
Ashland compared to Kansas state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Ashland (2011 data):
- The Stockgrowers State Bank of Ashland, Kansas: The Stockgrowers State Bank Of Ashland, Kansas at 622 Main Street, branch established on 1885/06/23. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $116.8 mil, Deposits: $100.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Stockgrowers State Bank Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- The Bank of Protection: 722 Main Street Branch at 722 Main Street, branch established on 1906/01/01. Info updated 2010/12/07: Bank assets: $59.8 mil, Deposits: $53.0 mil, headquarters in Protection, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Protection Bank Holding Company, Inc., The
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (80%)
- Electricity (15%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (2%)
- No fuel used (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Ashland (based on Clark County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 65.61%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||14.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Clark County:||9.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Clark County:||19.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Adult obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Judicial and Legal
|Streets and Highways
|Other and Unallocable
|Totals for Government
Ashland government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $10,000 ($11.76)
- Charges - Sewerage: $68,000 ($80.00)
All Other: $8,000 ($9.41)
Parks & Recreation: $5,000 ($5.88)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $615,000 ($723.53)
Regular Highways: $189,000 ($222.35)
Water Utilities: $102,000 ($120.00)
General - Other: $72,000 ($84.71)
Police Protection: $39,000 ($45.88)
Financial Administration: $38,000 ($44.71)
Parks & Recreation: $31,000 ($36.47)
Sewerage: $24,000 ($28.24)
Air Transportation: $14,000 ($16.47)
Fire Protection: $7,000 ($8.24)
- General - Interest on Debt: $30,000 ($35.29)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $498,000 ($585.88)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $468,000 ($550.59)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $30,000 ($35.29)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $34,000 ($40.00)
General Revenue, NEC: $10,000 ($11.76)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $102,000 ($120.00)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $604,000 ($710.59)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $826,000 ($971.76)
Water Utilities: $115,000 ($135.29)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $30,000 ($35.29)
General Support: $15,000 ($17.65)
All Other: $13,000 ($15.29)
- Tax - Property: $173,000 ($203.53)
Public Utilities: $13,000 ($15.29)
NEC: $1,000 ($1.18)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $71,000 ($83.53)
5.87% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($35,533 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
9.42% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($33,427 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Ashland:
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KGNO (1370 AM; 5 kW; DODGE CITY, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KSCB (1270 AM; 5 kW; LIBERAL, KS; Owner: SEWARD COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KWLS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PRATT, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ashland:
- K234AG (94.7 FM; ASHLAND, KS; Owner: GREAT PLAINS CHRISTIAN RADIO)
- K225AH (92.9 FM; ASHLAND, KS; Owner: KANZA SOCIETY, INC.)
Ashland fatal accident list:
Jan 22, 1991 06:30 PM, 12th, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
May 9, 1984 10:29 PM, 160, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 2
Total length: 5 meters (16ft)
Total costs: $136,000
Total average daily traffic: 1,320
Total average daily truck traffic: 289
Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic: 1,502
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Ashland
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
27 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Ashland, KS
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: KC0LJC, Licensee ID: L00400554
Grant Date: 07/19/2011, Expiration Date: 09/17/2021, Certifier: Wayne L Harvey
Registrant: Wayne L Harvey, 1111 S Highland, Ashland, KS 67831
- Call Sign: KD0AZB, Licensee ID: L01296268
Grant Date: 06/19/2007, Expiration Date: 06/19/2017, Certifier: Todd S Smith
Registrant: Todd S Smith, Ashland, KS 67831
- Call Sign: KD0CWN, Licensee ID: L01367886
Grant Date: 02/08/2008, Expiration Date: 02/08/2018, Certifier: Darletta S Mclaughlin
Registrant: Darletta S Mclaughlin, 221 W 11th Ave, Ashland, KS 67831-0804
- Call Sign: KD0CWP, Licensee ID: L01367888
Grant Date: 02/08/2008, Expiration Date: 02/08/2018, Certifier: Evelyn Harmon
Registrant: Evelyn Harmon, 321 W 10th Ave, Ashland, KS 67831
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: GREAT LAKES 2T-1A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 78 mph), Engine: WARNER SS185 SERIES (200 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 21E , Serial Number: 258, Year manufactured: 1932, Airworthiness Date: 11/08/1991
Registrant (Individual): Pending Registration, 1314 Us Highway 160, Ashland, KS 67831
- Aircraft: MOONEY M20E (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 127 mph), Engine: LYCOMING I0360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2787W , Serial Number: 1067, Year manufactured: 1966, Airworthiness Date: 03/18/1966
Registrant (Individual): Gary L White, Po Box 674, Ashland, KS 67831
- Aircraft: KRIER-KRAFT ACRO-MASTER (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 85 mph), Engine: WARNER SS165 SERIES (175 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 5400E , Serial Number: 1, Year manufactured: 1962
Registrant (Individual): Reported Sale, Aerobatic Museum, Ashland, KS 67831
- Aircraft: MEAD BOB MEAD RV6A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 568LT , Serial Number: 25177, Year manufactured: 2001, Airworthiness Date: 05/07/2001
Registrant (Partnership): Mark O Luckie, 2622 Cr Gg, Ashland, KS 67831, Other Owners: Mark B Tuttle
- Aircraft: GRUMMAN AMERICAN AVN. CORP. AA-1B (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 100 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-235 SERIES (115 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9620L , Serial Number: AA1B-0120, Year manufactured: 1973, Airworthiness Date: 03/19/1973
Registrant (Individual): David A Waits, Lexington Route, Ashland, KS 67831
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
See full 2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System statistics for Ashland, KS
|Most common first names in Ashland, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Ashland, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest average wind speeds"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Social scientists and related workers"
- #62 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of workers with very short commute times (9 minutes or less)"
- #100 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Florists"
- #76 (67831) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Syrian first ancestries (pop 1,000+)"