Atlantic City, Wyoming
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||64.2 years|
|Wyoming median age:||37.2 years|
Zip code: 82520
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $25,295 (it was $15,756 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $67,393 (it was $29,100 in 2000)
Races in Atlantic City, WY (2010)
- 3594.6%White alone
- 12.7%Two or more races
|Official Wyoming Picture Thread (728 replies)|
|groomed Nordic ski trails near the Bighorn Basin? (24 replies)|
|Visiting Wyoming - ? on must see ? (52 replies)|
|Credit Unions in WY??? (18 replies)|
|Spending 10 days in Wyoming this summer, what to do ? (58 replies)|
|Wyoming Trivia (Renamed) (2689 replies)|
Latest news from Atlantic City, WY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (35.9%), German (20.5%), Czech (15.4%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 7684 feet
Land area: 21.1 square miles.
Population density: 1.8 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Atlantic City:
- High school or higher: 100.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 100.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 44.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Atlantic City CDP:
- Never married: 0.0%
- Now married: 100.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 0.0%
- Divorced: 0.0%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Atlantic City CDP:||0.9% ($250)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Idaho Falls, ID (181.2 miles , pop. 50,730).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Adams, CO (265.4 miles , pop. 259,628).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (646.5 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Lander, WY (4.8 miles ), Boulder Flats, WY (5.4 miles ), Hudson, WY (5.4 miles ), Ethete, WY (6.0 miles ), Fort Washakie, WY (6.0 miles ), Arapahoe, WY (6.0 miles ), Riverton, WY (6.4 miles ), Sweetwater, WY (6.4 miles ).
Latitude: 42.50 N, Longitude: 108.72 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 307
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Atlantic City, Wyoming
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Atlantic City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wyoming state average. It is 140% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 173.0 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 278.3 miles away from Atlantic City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 3/28/1975 at 02:31:05, a magnitude 6.2 (6.1 MB, 6.0 MS, 6.2 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 195.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML) earthquake occurred 181.4 miles away from the city center
On 2/3/1994 at 09:05:04, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.8 ML, Depth: 4.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 115.9 miles away from Atlantic City center
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 475.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Fremont County (2) is a lot smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Landslide: 1, Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Atlantic City:
- Western Wyoming Community College (about 68 miles; Rock Springs, WY; Full-time enrollment: 2,086)
- Casper College (about 124 miles; Casper, WY; FT enrollment: 2,770)
- Utah State University (about 168 miles; Logan, UT; FT enrollment: 21,131)
- Brigham Young University-Idaho (about 180 miles; Rexburg, ID; FT enrollment: 30,522)
- Wyotech-Laramie (about 180 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 2,765)
- Sheridan College (about 181 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- University of Wyoming (about 182 miles; Laramie, WY; FT enrollment: 10,810)
Notable locations in Atlantic City: Custom Mill (A), Fort Stambaugh Historical (B), Fremont County Fire Protection District Atlantic City Fire Department (C), Fremont County Fire Protection District Battalion 9 Atlantic City (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Little Beaver Creek (A), Slate Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 62.2. This is better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.804. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2009 was 0.0537. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 45.1. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.65. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.20. This is about average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||1.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Atlantic City CDP (based on Fremont County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Fremont County:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||2.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fremont County:||1.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyoming:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fremont County:||3.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.08 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Atlantic City, WY Residents
6.15% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,415 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Natrona County, WY||0.32% ($40,188 average AGI)|
|from Albany County, WY||0.28% ($30,512)|
|from Carbon County, WY||0.18% ($34,889)|
6.09% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($40,172 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved to foreign countries ($525 average AGI)
Fremont County: 0.07% Wyoming average: 0.07%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Atlantic City:
- KOVE (1330 AM; 5 kW; LANDER, WY; Owner: FREMONT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KUYO (830 AM; daytime; 25 kW; EVANSVILLE, WY; Owner: WYOMING CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KRKK (1360 AM; 5 kW; ROCK SPRINGS, WY; Owner: BIG THICKET B/CING CO. OF WY, INC.)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Atlantic City:
- KCWC-FM (88.1 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: CENTRAL WYOMING COLLEGE)
- K276DV (103.1 FM; EDEN, WY; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS)
- KTAK (93.9 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: EDWARDS COMMUNICATIONS, LC)
- KTRZ (93.1 FM; RIVERTON, WY; Owner: JIMMY RAY CARROLL)
- KDLY (97.5 FM; LANDER, WY; Owner: FREMONT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K244DP (96.7 FM; LANDER, WY; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Atlantic City:
- KCWC-TV (Channel 4; LANDER, WY; Owner: CENTRAL WYOMING COLLEGE)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: AB7UQ, Grant Date: 05/29/1998, Expiration Date: 01/18/2006, Cancellation Date: 01/19/2008, Registrant: Thomas C Weber, 100 Atlantic City Rd, Atlantic City, WY 82520
Drinking water stations with addresses in Atlantic City and their reported violations in the past:MINERS GRUBSTAKE, LLC (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:HUDSON GAS, GRILL & GOODS (Population served: 30, Groundwater):
- 6 routine major monitoring violations
- 2 minor monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Notification, State - In JUL-12-2011, Contaminant: GROUNDWATER RULE. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUN-29-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-29-2011), Fed FAO issued (AUG-22-2011)
- 6 routine major monitoring violations
- 3 regular monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (61%)
- Wood (39%)
Atlantic City compared to Wyoming state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
State forum archive: