|Median resident age:||50.9 years|
|Kansas median age:||32.8 years|
Zip codes: 67730.
Atwood city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $61,169 (it was $46,000 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $509.
- White alone - 1,141 (95.6%)
- Hispanic - 35 (2.9%)
- Two or more races - 13 (1.1%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.2%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.08%)
|Northwest Kansas (9 replies)|
|Want to learn more about life in Western Kansas.. (43 replies)|
|Non-KC Area Kansans Perspectives (41 replies)|
|Best place for inexpensive rural living (11 replies)|
|I want to live in rural Kansas (100 replies)|
|Considering Kansas (62 replies)|
Latest news from Atwood, KS collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (31.5%), Irish (8.8%), English (8.3%), United States (7.6%), Czech (7.3%), Swedish (5.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 2850 feet
Land area: 1.04 square miles.
Population density: 1,178 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Atwood:
- High school or higher: 92.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.7%
- Unemployed: 1.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 12.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Atwood city:
- Never married: 22.6%
- Now married: 49.1%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 13.1%
- Divorced: 14.1%
21 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kansas and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Atwood, Kansas as of July 07, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Atwood to the number of sex offenders is 604 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,257 (2.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $1,049 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Greeley, CO (199.2 miles , pop. 76,930).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Aurora, CO (200.4 miles , pop. 276,393).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (539.5 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Herndon, KS (3.9 miles) , McDonald, KS (4.2 miles) , Trenton, NE (5.0 miles ), Stratton, NE (5.0 miles ), Bird City, KS (5.1 miles ), Oberlin, KS (5.2 miles ), Gem, KS (5.3 miles) , Rexford, KS (5.3 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $80,500
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $125,000
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $140,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $210,000
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $200,000
- 2012: 5 buildings, average cost: $163,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 39.81 N, Longitude: 101.04 W
Area code: 785
|Crime rates in Atwood by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 293.8)||85.1||165.8||59.3||50.5||68.2||57.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Atwood detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||0.84|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Retail trade (23%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Construction (11%)
- Finance and insurance (10%)
- Wholesale trade (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Public administration (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (8%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Personal appearance workers (6%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
Average climate in Atwood, Kansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Atwood-area historical tornado activity is below Kansas state average. It is 16% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/15/1990, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 25.6 miles away from the Atwood city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 10/17/1971, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.8 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Atwood-area historical earthquake activity is above Kansas state average. It is 35% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 296.0 miles away from the city center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 284.2 miles away from Atwood center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 229.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/3/2007 at 14:34:38, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.4 MW, 4.4 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 282.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/5/2001 at 10:52:07, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 267.4 miles away from Atwood center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 233.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Rawlins County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 3
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 4, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Atwood:
Airports located in Atwood:
- Atwood-Rawlins County City-County Airport (Runways: 3, Air Taxi Ops: 300, Itinerant Ops: 4,000, Local Ops: 8,000)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Atwood:
- Fort Hays State University (about 112 miles; Hays, KS; Full-time enrollment: 8,728)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney (about 120 miles; Kearney, NE; FT enrollment: 6,047)
- Barton County Community College (about 158 miles; Great Bend, KS; FT enrollment: 4,108)
- Central Community College (about 160 miles; Grand Island, NE; FT enrollment: 4,159)
- University of Northern Colorado (about 198 miles; Greeley, CO; FT enrollment: 11,469)
- Community College of Aurora (about 201 miles; Aurora, CO; FT enrollment: 4,730)
- Aims Community College (about 202 miles; Greeley, CO; FT enrollment: 3,598)
Public high school in Atwood:
- Rawlins County Junior/Senior High School (Students: 164; Location: 100 N 8TH; Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Atwood:
- Rawlins County Elementary School (Students: 154; Location: 205 N 4TH; Grades: K-8)
Notable locations in Atwood: Atwood Country Club (A), McDougal Agricultural and Snodgrass Grain Elevator Number 1 (B), Rawlins County Sheriff's Office Jail (C), Atwood Police Department (D), Rawlins County Sheriff's Office (E), Rawlins County Courthouse (F), Rawlins County Fire District 2 Atwood (G), Rawlins County Emergency Medical Services (H), Rawlins County Health Department (I), Atwood Public Library (J), Rawlins County Museum (K), Atwood City Hall (L), Atwood Fire Department (M). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Atwood include: Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses (A), Atwood United Methodist Church (B), Atwood Baptist Church (C), Disciples of Christ Christian Church (D), Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church (E), Sacred Heart Catholic Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Atwood Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Rawlins County Historical Society (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 308 State Street).
Hotels: Lakeside Motel (205 Grant Street), Crest Motel (601 Grant Street).
Court: Rawlins County - Clerk of District Court (607 Main Street).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Atwood and their reported violations in the past:ATWOOD, CITY OF (Population served: 1,208, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2011 and SEP-2011, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-12-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-12-2011), St Public Notif received (SEP-12-2011), St Compliance achieved (DEC-09-2011)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2011 and JUN-2011, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (APR-24-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (APR-24-2011), St Public Notif received (MAY-13-2011), St Compliance achieved (DEC-09-2011)
- MCL, Average - Between JAN-2011 and MAR-2011, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-27-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-27-2011), St Public Notif received (MAR-02-2011), St Compliance achieved (DEC-09-2011)
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2010 and DEC-2010, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-28-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-28-2010), St Public Notif received (NOV-24-2010), St Compliance achieved (DEC-09-2011)
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2010 and SEP-2010, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-01-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-01-2010), St Public Notif received (AUG-13-2010), St Compliance achieved (DEC-09-2011)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2010 and JUN-2010, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (APR-29-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (APR-29-2010), St Public Notif received (JUL-16-2010), St Compliance achieved (DEC-09-2011)
- 12 other older health violations
(15.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 86.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 22.2% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
49 people in nursing homes in 2000
6 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Atwood compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Atwood (2011 data):
- Farmers Bank & Trust: at 101 South 4th Street, branch established on 1914/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $87.1 mil, Deposits: $79.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Rawlins Bancshares, Inc.
- The Bank: Atwood Branch at 121 South 4th Street, branch established on 1893/01/01. Info updated 2010/12/20: Bank assets: $201.9 mil, Deposits: $175.9 mil, headquarters in Oberlin, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Decatur Investment, Inc.
- The Farmers State Bank: at 411 Page Street, branch established on 1919/10/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $23.8 mil, Deposits: $21.6 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (89%)
- Electricity (8%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Wood (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Atwood city (based on Rawlins County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 58.26%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Lutheran Church||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Rawlins County:||7.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|
|Rawlins County:||7.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||23.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||7||$2,814|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$153|
|Police Protection - Officers||2||$9,350||$56,100||1||$1,020|
|Streets and Highways||1||$4,080||$48,960||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||7||$31,365||$53,769||11||$4,094|
Atwood government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $172,000 ($140.41)
Financial Administration: $114,000 ($93.06)
Police Protection: $110,000 ($89.80)
Water Utilities: $99,000 ($80.82)
Parks & Recreation: $86,000 ($70.20)
General - Other: $55,000 ($44.90)
Libraries: $41,000 ($33.47)
Solid Waste Management: $20,000 ($16.33)
Sewerage: $9,000 ($7.35)
Fire Protection: $7,000 ($5.71)
- General - Interest on Debt: $59,000 ($48.16)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $416,000 ($339.59)
Atwood government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $91,000 ($74.29)
Parks & Recreation: $23,000 ($18.78)
Solid Waste Management: $3,000 ($2.45)
All Other: $3,000 ($2.45)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $49,000 ($40.00)
All Other: $41,000 ($33.47)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $68,000 ($55.51)
Interest Earnings: $16,000 ($13.06)
Special Assessments: $15,000 ($12.24)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $164,000 ($133.88)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $39,000 ($31.84)
General Support: $28,000 ($22.86)
All Other: $24,000 ($19.59)
- Tax - Property: $205,000 ($167.35)
Public Utilities: $64,000 ($52.24)
Other Selective Sales: $20,000 ($16.33)
Atwood government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $988,000 ($806.53)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $97,000 ($79.18)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $839,000 ($684.90)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $52,000 ($42.45)
Atwood government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $724,000 ($591.02)
5.54% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,544 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
6.54% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,882 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
|to Thomas County, KS||0.96% ($17,400 average AGI)|
Strongest AM radio stations in Atwood:
- KXXX (790 AM; 5 kW; COLBY, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KBRL (1300 AM; 5 kW; MCCOOK, NE; Owner: MCCOOK RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KSIR (1010 AM; 25 kW; BRUSH, CO; Owner: JMS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KMXA (1090 AM; 50 kW; AURORA, CO; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KRDZ (1440 AM; 5 kW; WRAY, CO; Owner: MEDIA LOGIC, LLC.)
- KNGN (1360 AM; daytime; 1 kW; MCCOOK, NE; Owner: KANSAS NEBRASKA GOOD NEWS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Atwood:
- K237CN (95.3 FM; ATWOOD, KS; Owner: KANZA SOCIETY INC.)
- KRKU (98.5 FM; MCCOOK, NE; Owner: MCCOOK RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- KQLS (100.3 FM; COLBY, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFNF (101.1 FM; OBERLIN, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KKCI (102.5 FM; GOODLAND, KS; Owner: MELIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KIOD (105.3 FM; MCCOOK, NE; Owner: AUSTIN MCCOOK LLC)
- KSWN (93.9 FM; MCCOOK, NE; Owner: AUSTIN-MCCOOK, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Atwood:
- K13QO (Channel 13; ATWOOD, KS; Owner: CITY OF ATWOOD KANSAS)
- KSNK (Channel 8; McCOOK, NE; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION OF WICHITA)
- K32BY (Channel 32; OBERLIN, KS; Owner: SMOKY HILLS PUBLIC TELEVISION)
- KBSL-TV (Channel 10; GOODLAND, KS; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
Atwood fatal accident list:
Feb 12, 1998 08:55 AM, State Street, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1
Aug 7, 1995 06:17 PM, 25, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Nov 8, 1984 11:40 PM, K25, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 3, Drunken drivers: 1
Total length: 22 meters (72ft)
Total costs: $1,010,000
Total average daily traffic: 7,975
Total average daily truck traffic: 1,582
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Atwood)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:34 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Atwood, KS)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:4
- ATWOOD, 2.01 Km South Of Atwood (Lat: 39.782917 Lon: -101.049889), Type: Tower, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 60 m, Call Sign: WQIJ236
Assigned Frequencies: 6735.62 MHz, 6345.49 MHz, 6375.14 MHz, 6375.14 MHz, 6375.14 MHz
Grant Date: 02/25/2008, Expiration Date: 02/25/2018, Certifier: L Earl Watkins Jr
Registrant: Lockard & White Inc, 3007 Earl Rudder Fwy, Suite 100, College Station, TX 77845, Phone: (281) 586-5706, Fax: (979) 217-8815, Email:
- Atwood, 502 Bluff Street (Lat: 39.796139 Lon: -101.040806), Type: Tower, Structure height: 59.4 m, Overall height: 60.9 m, Call Sign: WQMP352
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHz, 6004.50 MHz
Grant Date: 10/12/2010, Expiration Date: 06/02/2020, Certifier: Frank Dirico
Registrant: Industrial Tower And Wireless, LLC, 40 Lone Street, Marshfield, MA 02050, Phone: (781) 319-1011, Fax: (781) 837-4000, Email:
- ATWOOD, E Side Of Atwood City Limits, South Side Of Hwy 36 (Lat: 39.810444 Lon: -101.032194), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 60.3 m, Call Sign: WQQV426
Assigned Frequencies: 6226.89 MHz, 6345.49 MHz
Grant Date: 03/11/2013, Expiration Date: 03/11/2023, Certifier: Jeff Kisner
Registrant: Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, 1300 North 17th Street, 11th Floor, Arlington, VA 22209, Phone: (703) 812-0442, Fax: (703) 812-0486, Email:
- STATION, 1.25 Mi S Of (Lat: 39.780278 Lon: -101.043750), Overall height: 54.9 m, Call Sign: WHJ244
Assigned Frequencies: 2189.60 MHz, 2192.80 MHz
Grant Date: 05/17/2008, Expiration Date: 07/29/2018, Cancellation Date: 01/31/2012, Certifier: L. Christian Hauck
Registrant: Utc Spectrum Services, 200 N Glebe Rd, Suite 1000, Arlington, VA 22203, Phone: (703) 558-2214, Fax: (703) 558-0523, Email:
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:3
- Atwood Rawlins City County Airport (Lat: 39.838889 Lon: -101.044889), Call Sign: WRLB2677, Licensee ID: L00025205
Assigned Frequencies: 0.36551 MHz
Grant Date: 01/21/1997, Expiration Date: 02/24/2002, Cancellation Date: 05/26/2002
Registrant: City Of Atwood, 215 S 4th Atwood Rawlins Airport, Atwood, KS 67730
- Atwood/Rawlins County Airport (Lat: 39.838250 Lon: -101.044972), Type: Upole, Structure height: 17 m, Call Sign: WQAA614, Licensee ID: L00025205
Assigned Frequencies: 0.36551 MHz
Grant Date: 03/19/2009, Expiration Date: 04/22/2019, Certifier: Jim L Roberts
Registrant: Atwood/Rawlins County Airport Ity Of Atwood
- Atwood - Rawlins County Airport (Lat: 39.837778 Lon: -101.044444), Type: Mast, Structure height: 9.1 m, Call Sign: WQHQ439
Assigned Frequencies: 118.675 MHz
Grant Date: 10/04/2007, Expiration Date: 10/04/2017, Certifier: Mary J Stout
Registrant: Vaisala Inc., 194 South Taylor Ave., Louisville, CO 80027, Phone: (303) 402-4741, Fax: (720) 304-4841, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KC0HBR, Licensee ID: L00194622
Grant Date: 03/27/2010, Expiration Date: 03/27/2020, Certifier: James D Engel
Registrant: James D Engel, 24605 Road K, Atwood, KS 67730
- Call Sign: W5JN, Previous Call Sign: K9DAC, Licensee ID: L00230493
Grant Date: 01/04/2005, Expiration Date: 01/04/2015, Certifier: David Carter
Registrant: David Carter, 107 N 7th Apt 3, Atwood, KS 67730
FAA Registered Aircraft:6
- Aircraft: MAULE MXT-7-180A (Category: Land, Seats: 5, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 31228 , Serial Number: 21002C, Year manufactured: 1993, Airworthiness Date: 11/04/1993
Registrant (Co-Owned): Farms Worley, Rr2 Box 141, Atwood, KS 67730, Other Owners: Dennis Worley, Anne Marie Worley
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172H (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-300 SER (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3896R , Serial Number: 17255396, Year manufactured: 1966, Airworthiness Date: 10/21/1966
Registrant (Individual): Louis J Sabatka, Rr 2 Box 126, Atwood, KS 67730
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 4441R , Serial Number: 17263184, Year manufactured: 1974, Airworthiness Date: 04/12/1974
Registrant (Corporation): Atwood Flying Club, 305 Plumb St, Atwood, KS 67730
- Aircraft: DOWNING JOHN C VANS RV-9A (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING O-320-E2D (150 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 51274 , Serial Number: 91089, Year manufactured: 2008, Airworthiness Date: 07/16/2008
Registrant (Co-Owned): Farms Worley, 6663 Road 15, Atwood, KS 67730, Other Owners: Dennis Worley, Anne Marie Worley
- Aircraft: WEATHERLY AVIATION CO INC 620B (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: P&W R-985 SERIES (450 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 620SA , Serial Number: 1646, Year manufactured: 1997, Airworthiness Date: 02/24/1997
Registrant (Corporation): Sunflower Aero Inc, Rr 2 Box 175, Atwood, KS 67730
- Aircraft: AIR TRACTOR INC AT-301 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 71 mph), Engine: P&W R1340 SERIES (600 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8639S , Serial Number: 301-0169, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 12/07/1978
Registrant (Individual): Gary L Worthy, 408 N 3rd St, Atwood, KS 67730
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 10
- Hazardous Condition: 5
Incident types - Atwood
|Most common first names in Atwood, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Atwood, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Atwood, KS
- Pizza Hut: 1
- RadioShack: 1
- True Value: 1
Atwood on our top lists:
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers"
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of workers with very short commute times (9 minutes or less)"
- #95 (67730) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Czech first ancestries (pop 1,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
- #100 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Bush (Republican) in the 2004 Presidential Election"
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2015.