We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54151.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,469 (it was $19,226 in 2000)
Aurora town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $129,928 (it was $82,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $138,786; Detached houses: $147,885; Townhouses or other attached units: $69,194; Mobile homes: $51,326
Races in Aurora, WI (2010)
- 1,01197.6%White alone
- 131.3%Two or more races
- 60.6%Asian alone
- 10.10%American Indian alone
|Home For Rent in Aurora Wisconsin ? Florence Cty. ? (3 replies)|
|Another round of Gov. Scott Walker (188 replies)|
|Moving from Los Angeles to Milwaukee (34 replies)|
|Is the "homeless" begger/panhandler at 27th & Loomis (near St. Luke's hospital) legit? (22 replies)|
|Relocating from the Portland (16 replies)|
|Northern Lights Tonight (1 reply)|
Latest news from Aurora, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (29.4%), Swedish (19.7%), French (11.1%), Irish (10.4%), English (10.3%), Italian (9.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 38.0 square miles.
Population density: 27 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Aurora:
- High school or higher: 87.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.1%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Aurora town:
- Never married: 20.3%
- Now married: 61.9%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 10.0%
9 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Aurora town:||1.4% ($1,123)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Green Bay, WI (86.2 miles , pop. 102,313).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Milwaukee, WI (187.3 miles , pop. 596,974).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (271.8 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Kingsford, MI (1.8 miles ), Iron Mountain, MI (2.2 miles ), Niagara, WI (2.2 miles ), Quinnesec, MI (2.5 miles ), Homestead, WI (2.9 miles ), Dunbar, WI (3.1 miles ), Norway, MI (3.1 miles ), Pembine, WI (3.3 miles ).
Latitude: 45.76 N, Longitude: 88.10 W
Area code: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (25%)
- Paper (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (6%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Health care (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Construction (6%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (6%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (12%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (10%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (9%)
- Waiters and waitresses (7%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
Average climate in Aurora, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Aurora-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 62% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/4/1986, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.4 miles away from the Aurora town center injured 12 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/11/1987, a category F3 tornado 11.3 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Aurora-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 97% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 299.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 383.2 miles away from Aurora center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 450.6 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 485.5 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 407.2 miles away from Aurora center
On 9/2/1994 at 21:23:06, a magnitude 3.5 (3.4 LG, 3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 268.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Florence County (3) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 1
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Aurora:
- FREEMAN NURSING AND REHAB COMMUNITY (Nursing Home, about 4 miles away; KINGSFORD, MI)
- MARQUETTE GENERAL HOME HEALTH (Home Health Center, about 4 miles away; KINGSFORD, MI)
- DICKINSON IRON DHD DICKINSON SUBUNIT (Home Health Center, about 4 miles away; KINGSFORD, MI)
- MANORCARE NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 4 miles away; KINGSFORD, MI)
- IRON MOUNTAIN MI VA MEDICAL CENTER (Hospital, Acute Care - Veterans Administration, about 5 miles away; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI)
- HYLAND NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI)
- FRESENIUS - IRON MOUNTAIN (Dialysis Facility, about 5 miles away; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Aurora:
- Northern Michigan University (about 65 miles; Marquette, MI; Full-time enrollment: 8,258)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 86 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 6,069)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (about 86 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 5,415)
- Saint Norbert College (about 91 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 93 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- Michigan Technological University (about 97 miles; Houghton, MI; FT enrollment: 6,078)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 104 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
Notable locations in Aurora: Florence County Rescue Aurora Rescue Squad (A), Aurora Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Aurora: Aurora Free Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes: Mud Lake (A), No Bottom Lake (B), Fischer Lake (C), Hoskin Lake (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Crossett Creek (A), Lindstrom Creek (B), Little Popple River (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Aurora: Spread Eagle Barrens State Natural Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 57.4. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 30.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 7.2 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.7% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Aurora town (based on Florence County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Florence County:||4.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florence County:||2.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Florence County:||8.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||14.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
6.82% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,508 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dickinson County, MI||1.24% ($26,783 average AGI)|
|from Marinette County, WI||0.70% ($14,769)|
|from Brown County, WI||0.65% ($34,500)|
6.16% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,726 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Aurora:
- WMIQ (1450 AM; 1 kW; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI; Owner: NORTHERN STAR BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WDBC (680 AM; 10 kW; ESCANABA, MI; Owner: KMB BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WLDR (1210 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KINGSLEY, MI; Owner: FORT BEND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZAM (970 AM; 5 kW; ISHPEMING, MI)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Aurora:
- WOBE (100.7 FM; CRYSTAL FALLS, MI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF IRON MOUNTAIN, INC.)
- WJNR-FM (101.5 FM; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF IRON MOUNTAIN, INC.)
- WHTO (106.7 FM; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI; Owner: TODD STUART NOORDYK)
- WVCM (91.5 FM; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI; Owner: VCY AMERICA INC.)
- W244AW (96.7 FM; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI; Owner: FAMILY ED BC CORP OF DOOR CNTY WI)
- WIMK (93.1 FM; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI; Owner: NORTHERN STAR BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WEUL (98.1 FM; KINGSFORD, MI; Owner: GOSPEL OPPORTUNITIES, INC.)
- WZNL (94.3 FM; NORWAY, MI; Owner: NORTHERN STAR BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WYKX (104.7 FM; ESCANABA, MI; Owner: KMB BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNMU-FM (90.1 FM; MARQUETTE, MI; Owner: NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY)
- WMVM (91.3 FM; GOODMAN, WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Aurora:
- KTTM (Channel 12; HURON, SD; Owner: INDEPENDENT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDHS (Channel 8; IRON MOUNTAIN, MI; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- W54AR (Channel 54; FENCE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WYOW (Channel 34; EAGLE RIVER, WI; Owner: WAOW-WYOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WJMN-TV (Channel 3; ESCANABA, MI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WJFW-TV (Channel 12; RHINELANDER, WI; Owner: NORTHLAND TELEVISION, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- $1,671,000Total costs
- 3,100Total average daily traffic
- 8,140Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- O.8 Mile South Of Aurora (Lat: 45.771889 Lon: -88.098722), Call Sign: KSJ801
Assigned Frequencies: 152.570 MHzExpiration Date: 07/01/1998, Cancellation Date: 04/05/1999Registrant: Niagara Telephone Company, Niagara, WI 54151
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
- Hazardous Condition: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (36%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (26%)
- Utility gas (22%)
- Wood (11%)
- Electricity (6%)
Aurora compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.