We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||46.8 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04694.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $27,349 (it was $17,087 in 2000)
Baileyville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $102,690 (it was $61,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $148,176; Detached houses: $165,160; Townhouses or other attached units: $116,928; In 2-unit structures: $179,771; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $237,952; Mobile homes: $61,717; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $45,219
Races in Baileyville, ME (2010)
- 1,45195.4%White alone
- 291.9%Two or more races
- 110.7%American Indian alone
- 100.7%Asian alone
- 90.6%Black alone
- 10.07%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
Ancestries: English (33.7%), Irish (21.2%), French (13.0%), Scotch-Irish (8.9%), Scottish (8.5%), United States (8.4%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/19/1828
Land area: 36.5 square miles.
Population density: 42 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Baileyville:
- High school or higher: 85.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 7.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Baileyville town:
- Never married: 23.1%
- Now married: 57.2%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 9.9%
147 residents are foreign born (8.4% North America).
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Baileyville, Maine as of October 19, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Baileyville to the number of sex offenders is 510 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Baileyville town:||1.3% ($786)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (174.6 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (268.5 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (441.9 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Woodland, ME (0.8 miles ), Princeton, ME (2.5 miles ), Alexander, ME (2.6 miles ), Calais, ME (2.9 miles ), Meddybemps, ME (3.0 miles) , Cooper, ME (3.5 miles) , Charlotte, ME (3.6 miles ), Crawford, ME (3.6 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $37,500
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $50,000
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $90,000
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $90,000
- 2005: 3 buildings, average cost: $66,700
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $90,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $75,000
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $123,300
- 2012: 10 buildings, average cost: $50,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.16 N, Longitude: 67.42 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
|Crime rates in Baileyville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||245.8||271.8||442.9||369.3||218.8||275.6||237.3||277.6||220.8||203.4||403.7||184.0||241.4||87.4||71.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Baileyville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.06|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Paper (42%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Construction (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Educational services (25%)
- Health care (12%)
- Paper (11%)
- Food and beverage stores (7%)
- Social assistance (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (14%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Electricians (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (3%)
Average climate in Baileyville, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Baileyville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 66.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 312.4 miles away from Baileyville center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 236.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 351.1 miles away from the city center
On 9/25/2005 at 03:08:57, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, 3.4 LG, Depth: 4.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 14.4 miles away from Baileyville center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 39.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washington County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Snows: 5, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Baileyville:
- University of Maine (about 64 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 71 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 130 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 138 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 174 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 175 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 178 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
Public high school in Baileyville:
- WOODLAND JR-SR HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 14 FIRST AVENUE, Grades: 7-12)
Public elementary/middle school in Baileyville:
- WOODLAND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 23 FOURTH AVENUE, Grades: PK-6)
Notable locations in Baileyville: Sunset Camps (A), Baileyville Volunteer Ambulance Service (B), Baileyville Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Baileyville include: Woodland Baptist Church (A), Saint James Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Ryan Lake (A), Saint Croix River Reservoir (B), Sawtelle Heath (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Anderson Brook (A), Sprague Meadow Brook (B), Stony Brook (C), Wapsaconhagan Brook (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Airline Motel (Route 1) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 42.3. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 28.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.1 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Banks with branches in Baileyville (2011 data):
- Machias Savings Bank: Baileyville Branch at 667 Houlton Road, Suite 6, branch established on 1987/11/30. Info updated 2008/08/20: Bank assets: $933.5 mil, Deposits: $794.5 mil, headquarters in Machias, ME, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Machias Bancorp, Mhc
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Baileyville town (based on Washington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washington County:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||1.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||9.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
4.44% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,571 average adjusted gross income)
0.14% of residents moved from foreign countries ($798 average AGI)
Washington County: 0.14% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.56% ($25,985 average AGI)|
|from Hancock County, ME||0.38% ($33,364)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.29% ($38,176)|
4.37% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,225 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Baileyville:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Baileyville:
- WMED (89.7 FM; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WQDY-FM (92.7 FM; CALAIS, ME; Owner: WQDY, INC.)
- WCRQ (102.9 FM; DENNYSVILLE, ME; Owner: WQDY, INC.)
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
TV broadcast stations around Baileyville:
- WMED-TV (Channel 13; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W57AQ (Channel 57; CALAIS, ME; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- W21BH (Channel 21; MACHIAS, ME; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Baileyville fatal accident list:
Jul 22, 2010 03:02 PM, Us-1, Lat: 45.12641, Lon: -67.32396, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Nov 6, 2010 09:41 PM, Us-1, Lat: 45.12635, Lon: -67.32431, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jun 18, 2006 05:09 PM, Sr-9, Lat: 45.11705, Lon: -67.37150, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 0mTotal length
- 1,288Total average daily traffic
- 103Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,932Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- Gp Corp Pulp & Paper Bleach Plant (Lat: 45.157028 Lon: -67.401944), Structure height: 37 m, Call Sign: KNHE823
Assigned Frequencies: 153.065 MHz, 153.170 MHz, 153.350 MHzGrant Date: 06/03/2014, Expiration Date: 05/13/2024, Certifier: Scott BealRegistrant: Pct Communications, 483 North St, Calais, ME 04619, Phone: (207) 454-2174, Fax: (207) 454-7050, Email:
- 144 Main Street (Lat: 45.157222 Lon: -67.402778), Type: Tank, Structure height: 3 m, Call Sign: WPTE719, Licensee ID: L00369407
Assigned Frequencies: 9300.00 MHzGrant Date: 09/13/2001, Expiration Date: 09/13/2011, Cancellation Date: 10/27/2008Registrant: Georgia Pacific
- BAILEYVILLE, Route 1 (Lat: 45.147222 Lon: -67.395000), Type: Bant, Structure height: 15 m, Overall height: 17 m, Call Sign: WPWS369
Assigned Frequencies: 45.1200 MHz, 47.3400 MHzGrant Date: 01/09/2013, Expiration Date: 01/14/2023, Certifier: William PlanteRegistrant: Oit Radio Services, 23 Leighton Road, Augusta, ME 04333, Phone: (207) 624-9990, Fax: (207) 287-6499, Email:
- Georgia Pacific Corp Pulp & Paper (Lat: 45.157583 Lon: -67.400556), Type: Building, Structure height: 67 m, Call Sign: WQME486
Assigned Frequencies: 851.487 MHz, 852.237 MHz, 852.987 MHz, 853.737 MHzGrant Date: 02/02/2010, Expiration Date: 05/10/2015, Cancellation Date: 01/09/2014, Certifier: Rick EdwardsRegistrant: Sprint Nextel Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, M/S: Varesa0209, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Baileyville)
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172D (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-300 SER (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2436U , Serial Number: 17250036, Year manufactured: 1963, Airworthiness Date: 01/21/1963
Registrant (Individual): Wayne E Coleman, 411 Houlton Rd, Baileyville, ME 04694
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172F (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-300 SER (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7946U , Serial Number: 17251946, Year manufactured: 1964, Airworthiness Date: 10/01/1964
Registrant (Individual): Keith E Hanson, Po Box 53, Baileyville, ME 04694
Drinking water stations with addresses in Baileyville and their reported violations in the past:BAILEYVILLE UTILITIES DISTRICT (Population served: 1,880, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2008 and DEC-2010, Contaminant: Total Haloacetic Acids (HAA5). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-16-2010), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-16-2010), St Public Notif received (JUN-27-2011), St Compliance achieved (AUG-11-2011)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2008 and DEC-2010, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-16-2010), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-16-2010), St Public Notif received (JUN-27-2011), St Compliance achieved (AUG-11-2011)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Baileyville that have no violations reported:
- AOS 90 EAST RANGE II CSD SCHOOL (Population served: 48, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (94%)
- Wood (4%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Businesses in Baileyville, ME
- Circle K: 3
- UPS: 1
Baileyville compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Baileyville on our top lists:
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Northern America (population 500+)"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Canada (population 500+)"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2012 Presidential Election"