We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||55.0 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip code: 04497
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $15,214 (it was $9,760 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $63,442 (it was $37,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
Races in Bancroft, ME (2010)
- 6697.1%White alone
|Probally been asked before, but Northwest maine seems a whole lot of nothing with high wages... (20 replies)|
|Unorganized Territories in Maine... (33 replies)|
|Maine rivers to Innertube down? (8 replies)|
|Flood of 2010 (17 replies)|
|School Consolidation (63 replies)|
|Maine Ghost Stories (42 replies)|
Latest news from Bancroft, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (34.4%), English (26.2%), Dutch (9.8%), French (4.9%), Scotch-Irish (4.9%), Danish (3.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/05/1889
Elevation: 340 feet
Land area: 40.0 square miles.
Population density: 1.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Bancroft:
- High school or higher: 76.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.9%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bancroft town:
- Never married: 14.7%
- Now married: 55.9%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 26.5%
- Divorced: 2.9%
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Bancroft, Maine as of November 17, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Bancroft to the number of sex offenders is 34 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Bancroft town:||0.9% ($350)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (180.1 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (280.1 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (447.6 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Weston, ME (2.5 miles ), Haynesville, ME (2.8 miles) , Danforth, ME (3.0 miles ), Orient, ME (3.3 miles) , Amity, ME (4.1 miles) , Mattawamkeag, ME (4.5 miles ), Sherman, ME (4.6 miles ), Topsfield, ME (4.8 miles ).
Latitude: 45.71 N, Longitude: 68.00 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Bancroft, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Bancroft-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 94.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 291.6 miles away from Bancroft center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 333.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 90.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 234.0 miles away from Bancroft center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 29.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bancroft:
- University of Maine (about 66 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 73 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 128 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 130 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 179 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 180 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 181 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Cemetery: Toole Bean Spinney Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Smith Brook (A), Trout Brook (B), Shorey Brook (C), Joe Coro Brook (D), Watson Brook (E), Hot Brook (F), Bog Brook (G), Battle Brook (H), Baskahegan Stream (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bancroft town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bancroft:
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSYY (1240 AM; 1 kW; MILLINOCKET, ME; Owner: KATAHDIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bancroft:
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Bancroft:
- W17BJ (Channel 17; DANFORTH, ME; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Bancroft fatal accident list:
Jul 11, 1999 03:20 AM, Selden Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Pedestrians: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 6m20ftTotal length
- $148,000Total costs
- 1,080Total average daily traffic
- 57Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,620Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (55%)
- Wood (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (18%)
Bancroft compared to Maine state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.