Barnesville: House in Barnesville
Barnesville: House on Thomaston Street
Barnesville: House in Barnesville
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||28.5 years|
|Georgia median age:||36.4 years|
Zip codes: 30204.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,540 (it was $15,423 in 2000)
Barnesville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $113,371 (it was $72,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $629.
Races in Barnesville, GA (2015)
- 4,16861.8%Black alone
- 2,15632.0%White alone
- 3014.5%Two or more races
- 380.6%American Indian alone
- 120.2%Asian alone
- 130.2%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The fastest-growing industry sectors in the Northeast are Construction-related Apr 25
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
|Barnesville, Georgia (2 replies)|
|Biggest misconceptions about ATL and its 'burbs (92 replies)|
|Henry / Spalding / Barnesville (1 reply)|
|ATLANTA MEGAPOLIS growth to Macon/ I-75 or Columbus/ I-85-I-185 (48 replies)|
|What is the Northern Boundary of Central GA? (5 replies)|
|Indian tribe plans to build casino in Georgia (10 replies)|
Latest news from Barnesville, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (16.0%), English (4.0%), Irish (1.7%), European (1.4%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 850 feet
Land area: 5.66 square miles.
Population density: 1,179 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Barnesville:
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 10.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Barnesville city:
- Never married: 53.1%
- Now married: 28.7%
- Separated: 3.1%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 6.8%
138 residents are foreign born (0.4% Europe, 0.3% Latin America).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 26 registered sex offenders living in Barnesville, Georgia as of April 25, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Barnesville to the number of sex offenders is 251 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,317 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,245 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Macon, GA (32.9 miles , pop. 97,255).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (50.9 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (637.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Aldora, GA (1.1 miles) , Milner, GA (2.2 miles ), The Rock, GA (2.8 miles) , The Rock-Yatesville, GA (3.0 miles ), Meansville, GA (3.0 miles) , Yatesville, GA (3.1 miles ), Orchard Hill, GA (3.1 miles ), Zebulon, GA (3.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $53,000
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $53,000
- 1999: 7 buildings, average cost: $53,000
- 2000: 6 buildings, average cost: $53,000
- 2001: 16 buildings, average cost: $74,300
- 2002: 18 buildings, average cost: $74,300
- 2003: 19 buildings, average cost: $74,300
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $89,600
- 2005: 28 buildings, average cost: $65,300
- 2006: 10 buildings, average cost: $97,300
- 2007: 17 buildings, average cost: $120,800
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $78,700
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $143,200
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $61,600
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 33.05 N, Longitude: 84.16 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +682 (+10.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 909 (44.2%)
Area codes: 678, 770
|Crime rates in Barnesville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 289.3)||241.6||389.3||246.7||292.8||380.5||520.4||396.3||282.0||420.2||258.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Barnesville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.40|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +830 (+16.1%).
- Manufacturing (32%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Construction (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Accommodation and food services (16%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Management occupations (17%)
- Material moving occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (17%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Community and social service occupations (7%)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (5%)
Average climate in Barnesville, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Barnesville-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 33% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/2/2006, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 18.3 miles away from the Barnesville city center injured 3 people and caused $1 million in damages.
On 11/22/1992, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 41.8 miles away from the city center killed 5 people and injured 86 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Barnesville-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 111.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 130.8 miles away from Barnesville center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 180.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 226.2 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 190.3 miles away from Barnesville center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 233.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lamar County (10) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Tropical Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jimmy Lavender - Baseball player, Louise Smith - Racing driver, Alvin Toles - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Barnesville:
- HERITAGE INN OF BARNESVILLE HEALTH AND REHAB (946 VETERANS PARKWAY)
- BARNESVILLE DIALYSIS (783 HWY 341 S)
Other hospitals and medical centers near Barnesville:
- MONROE COUNTY HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 13 miles away; FORSYTH, GA)
- HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF FORSYTH (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; FORSYTH, GA)
- GRIFFIN HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; GRIFFIN, GA)
- RENAISSANCE CARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; GRIFFIN, GA)
- AMEDISYS NORTHWEST LLC D/B/A AMEDISY HH OF GRIFFIN (Home Health Center, about 14 miles away; GRIFFIN, GA)
- HEALTHFIELD HOME HEALTH OF GRIFFIN (Home Health Center, about 14 miles away; GRIFFIN, GA)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER - THOMASTON (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; THOMASTON, GA)
airports located in Barnesville:See details about airports located in Barnesville, GA
College/University in Barnesville:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Barnesville:
- Southern Crescent Technical College (about 17 miles; Griffin, GA; Full-time enrollment: 4,168)
- Middle Georgia State College (about 30 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 7,091)
- Mercer University (about 34 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 6,297)
- Fort Valley State University (about 39 miles; Fort Valley, GA; FT enrollment: 3,200)
- Clayton State University (about 39 miles; Morrow, GA; FT enrollment: 5,844)
- Georgia Perimeter College (about 45 miles; Decatur, GA; FT enrollment: 17,138)
- Central Georgia Technical College (about 46 miles; Warner Robins, GA; FT enrollment: 6,829)
Public high school in Barnesville:
- LAMAR COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 700, Location: 1 TROJAN WAY, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Barnesville:
Notable locations in Barnesville: Barnesville Fire Department (A), Lamar County Fire and Rescue Station 1 Grove Street (B), Lamar County Courthouse (C), Carnegie Library of Barnesville (D), Barnesville City Hall (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Barnesville include: Calvary Church (A), First Baptist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Country Hearth Inn - Barnesville (648 Highway 341 S), Barnesville Motel (893 Highway 341 South), Country Court Motel (2105 South Highway 341).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2008 was 22.6. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 18.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.4 miles away from the city center.
(18.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 40.2% for Black residents, 69.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Barnesville in 2010:
- 989 people in college/university student housing
- 203 people in state prisons
- 106 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 93 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 30 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 24 people in other noninstitutional facilities
People in group quarters in Barnesville in 2000:
- 537 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 162 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 117 people in nursing homes
- 14 people in schools, hospitals, or wards for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Barnesville (2011 data):
- United Bank: Ingles Branch at 625 South Highway 341, branch established on 1995/02/06; 308 Thomaston Street Branch at 308 Thomaston Street, branch established on 1972/06/01. Info updated 2010/10/25: Bank assets: $1,047.3 mil, Deposits: $939.3 mil, headquarters in Zebulon, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 21 total offices, Holding Company: United Bank Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Barnesville city (based on Lamar County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lamar County:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lamar County:||7.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Barnesville, GA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$21,073||$42,146||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||17||$53,325||$37,641||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$5,107||$30,642||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$5,253||$31,518||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||3||$9,319||$37,276||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$6,147||$36,882||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||51||$174,042||$40,951||0||$0|
Barnesville government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $4,075,000 ($610.94)
Police Protection: $735,000 ($110.19)
Water Utilities: $613,000 ($91.90)
Regular Highways: $588,000 ($88.16)
Central Staff Services: $580,000 ($86.96)
Sewerage: $409,000 ($61.32)
General - Other: $391,000 ($58.62)
Solid Waste Management: $384,000 ($57.57)
Fire Protection: $219,000 ($32.83)
Parks & Recreation: $150,000 ($22.49)
Libraries: $111,000 ($16.64)
General Public Buildings: $19,000 ($2.85)
Financial Administration: $18,000 ($2.70)
Housing & Community Development: $9,000 ($1.35)
Corrections - Other: $9,000 ($1.35)
Judicial and Legal Services: $4,000 ($0.60)
Health Services - Other: $1,000 ($0.15)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Solid Waste Management: $22,000 ($3.30)
General: $16,000 ($2.40)
Corrections: $9,000 ($1.35)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $159,000 ($23.84)
Police Protection: $43,000 ($6.45)
General - Other: $9,000 ($1.35)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,795,000 ($269.12)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $363,000 ($54.42)
Barnesville government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $633,000 ($94.90)
Solid Waste Management: $465,000 ($69.72)
Parks & Recreation: $65,000 ($9.75)
All Other: $22,000 ($3.30)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $462,000 ($69.27)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $275,000 ($41.23)
Interest Earnings: $16,000 ($2.40)
Rents: $9,000 ($1.35)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $4,875,000 ($730.88)
Water Utilities: $950,000 ($142.43)
- Tax - Property: $359,000 ($53.82)
Other Selective Sales: $240,000 ($35.98)
Public Utilities: $145,000 ($21.74)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $144,000 ($21.59)
NEC: $108,000 ($16.19)
Barnesville government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $6,516,000 ($976.91)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Water Utilities: $124,000 ($18.59)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $6,422,000 ($962.82)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $217,000 ($32.53)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - Beginning: $21,000 ($3.15)
Barnesville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $213,000 ($31.93)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $258,000 ($38.68)
8.47% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,781 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Spalding County, GA||2.35% ($26,707 average AGI)|
|from Pike County, GA||0.64% ($31,833)|
|from Henry County, GA||0.55% ($38,516)|
8.32% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,919 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Barnesville:
- WBAF (1090 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BARNESVILLE, GA; Owner: BARNESVILLE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHIE (1320 AM; 5 kW; GRIFFIN, GA; Owner: CHAPPELL COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WAZX (1550 AM; 50 kW; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: GA-MEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- WKNG (1060 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TALLAPOOSA, GA; Owner: WKNG, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Barnesville:
- WKEU-FM (88.9 FM; THE ROCK, GA; Owner: GEORGIA FOUNDATION OF PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVFJ-FM (93.3 FM; MANCHESTER, GA; Owner: PROVIDENT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WEKS (92.5 FM; ZEBULON, GA; Owner: SPALDING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WQMJ (100.1 FM; FORSYTH, GA; Owner: ROBERTS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WYNF (96.5 FM; GRAY, GA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WJSP-FM (88.1 FM; WARM SPRINGS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WKZJ (95.7 FM; GREENVILLE, GA; Owner: DAVIS B/CASTING OF COLUMBUS, INC)
- WJGA-FM (92.1 FM; JACKSON, GA; Owner: EARNHART BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WALR-FM (104.1 FM; LA GRANGE, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WTGA-FM (101.1 FM; THOMASTON, GA; Owner: RADIO GEORGIA, INC.)
- WMVV (90.7 FM; GRIFFIN, GA; Owner: LIFE RADIO MINISTRIES, INC)
- W290AG (105.9 FM; GRIFFIN, GA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WQBZ (106.3 FM; FORT VALLEY, GA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WJTG (91.3 FM; FORT VALLEY, GA; Owner: JOY PUBLIC B/CNG CORP)
TV broadcast stations around Barnesville:
- WJSP-TV (Channel 28; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WUVG (Channel 34; ATHENS, GA; Owner: UNIVISION ATLANTA LLC)
- WDMA-LP (Channel 32; MACON, GA; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- W52CL (Channel 52; MACON, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W04DB (Channel 4; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: VVILPTV, INC.)
- WPGA-TV (Channel 58; PERRY, GA; Owner: RADIO PERRY, INC.)
- WMGT-TV (Channel 41; MACON, GA; Owner: MORRIS NETWORK, INC.)
- WMAZ-TV (Channel 13; MACON, GA; Owner: GANNETT GEORGIA, L.P.)
- WGXA (Channel 24; MACON, GA; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF MACON LICENSE LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 28m92ftTotal length
- 42,880Total average daily traffic
- 426Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Barnesville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:48 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Barnesville, GA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:7
- STATION, 1 Mi E Of Ga On Coggins Rd (Lat: 33.066778 Lon: -84.131000), Overall height: 85.3 m, Call Sign: WNEM553
Assigned Frequencies: 1985.00 MHzGrant Date: 09/11/1998, Expiration Date: 12/09/2008, Cancellation Date: 08/21/2000Registrant: Phone: (205) 325-3804
- STATION, 1 Mi E Of (Lat: 33.066778 Lon: -84.131000), Overall height: 85.3 m, Call Sign: WNTR883
Assigned Frequencies: 952.331 MHz, 928.331 MHzGrant Date: 05/24/2008, Expiration Date: 07/21/2018Registrant: El Paso - Southern Natural Gas, 569 Brookwood Village, Suite 501, Birmingham, AL 35209, Phone: (205) 325-3513, Fax: (205) 325-3730, Email:
- Hog Mtn (Lat: 33.069833 Lon: -84.144333), Overall height: 102.1 m, Call Sign: WNTX686
Assigned Frequencies: 928.312 MHz, 952.312 MHzGrant Date: 01/04/2000, Expiration Date: 01/24/2010, Cancellation Date: 03/27/2010Registrant: Phone: (770) 564-4800
- 1 Mi E Of Ga On Coggins Rd (Lat: 33.066778 Lon: -84.131000), Overall height: 85.3 m, Call Sign: WPNC919
Assigned Frequencies: 1945.00 MHzGrant Date: 03/27/1997, Expiration Date: 03/27/2002, Cancellation Date: 05/22/1997Registrant: Phone: (202) 416-6516
- 1 Mi E On Coggins Rd (Lat: 33.066778 Lon: -84.131000), Overall height: 85.3 m, Call Sign: WPNI987
Assigned Frequencies: 1965.00 MHzGrant Date: 01/14/1998, Expiration Date: 01/14/2003, Cancellation Date: 05/08/1998Registrant: Phone: (202) 328-4500
- BARNESVILLE, Lat: 33.070139 Lon: -84.154083, Call Sign: WPTN682, Licensee ID: L00017930
Assigned Frequencies: 956.306 MHzGrant Date: 09/30/2011, Expiration Date: 11/09/2021, Certifier: Ric MccrearyRegistrant: Lamar County Water And Sewer Authority, 105 Country Kitchen Road, Barnesville, GA 30204, Phone: (770) 358-5112, Fax: (770) 358-5114, Email:
- Barnesville, Lat: 33.000000 Lon: -84.056667, Call Sign: WPXC446
Assigned Frequencies: 956.393 MHz, 956.393 MHzGrant Date: 03/04/2003, Expiration Date: 03/04/2013, Cancellation Date: 12/03/2012, Certifier: Billy R Hall Jr.Registrant: Fish & Richardson P.C., 1425 K Street, N.W., 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20005, Phone: (202) 626-7761, Fax: (202) 783-2331, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:45 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Barnesville)
FAA Registered Aircraft:20 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Barnesville)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Barnesville and their reported violations in the past:BARNESVILLE (Population served: 6,755, Surface water):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2006 and JUN-2006, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAY-22-2007), St Public Notif requested (MAY-30-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAY-30-2007)
- MCL, Average - Between JAN-2006 and MAR-2006, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (APR-05-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (APR-05-2006), St Public Notif received (MAY-05-2006), St Compliance achieved (MAY-22-2007)
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2005 and DEC-2005, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-18-2006), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-18-2006), St Compliance achieved (MAY-22-2007)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 14
- Hazardous Condition: 8
Incident types - Barnesville
|Most common first names in Barnesville, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Barnesville, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (49%)
- Electricity (43%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Wood (2%)
- No fuel used (2%)
|Businesses in Barnesville, GA|
Barnesville compared to Georgia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
Barnesville on our top lists:
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Office and administrative support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Community and social service occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of murders per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people taking a taxi to work (population 5,000+)"
- #73 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest ground withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
Total of 10 patent applications in 2008-2017.