|Median resident age:||47.1 years|
|Nebraska median age:||42.2 years|
Zip codes: 68926.
Beaver City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $33,518 (it was $30,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $333.
- White alone - 578 (94.9%)
- Hispanic - 14 (2.3%)
- Two or more races - 9 (1.5%)
- American Indian alone - 6 (1.0%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.2%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.2%)
|Moving to Beaver City (or close by) from NC...In desperate need of some insight! (3 replies)|
|Should we kick Omaha out of Nebraska ? (158 replies)|
|Alma-Beaver City-Oxford area (2 replies)|
|What Nebraska city do YOU live in? (80 replies)|
|Made/Invented in Nebraska (46 replies)|
Latest news from Beaver City, NE collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (39.2%), English (14.0%), Irish (11.9%), Polish (3.8%), Czech (3.6%), Swedish (2.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 05/3/1887
Elevation: 2170 feet
Land area: 0.96 square miles.
Population density: 620 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Beaver City:
- High school or higher: 86.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.3%
- Unemployed: 3.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Beaver City city:
- Never married: 23.1%
- Now married: 51.6%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 8.4%
- Divorced: 13.4%
1 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Nebraska and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Beaver City, Nebraska as of June 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Beaver City to the number of sex offenders is 101 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $765 (2.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $816 (2.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lincoln, NE (172.3 miles , pop. 225,581).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (534.9 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Hendley, NE (2.7 miles) , Edison, NE (3.2 miles) , Arapahoe, NE (3.5 miles ), Stamford, NE (3.5 miles ), Oxford, NE (3.6 miles ), Wilsonville, NE (3.9 miles) , Holbrook, NE (3.9 miles ), Almena, KS (4.3 miles ).
Latitude: 40.14 N, Longitude: 99.83 W
Area code: 308
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (20%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Transportation and warehousing (14%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Construction (9%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (30%)
- Accommodation and food services (21%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (3%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (14%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (14%)
- Farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (3%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (14%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (6%)
- Cashiers (5%)
Average climate in Beaver City, Nebraska
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Beaver City-area historical tornado activity is near Nebraska state average. It is 52% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/10/1985, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 22.6 miles away from the Beaver City city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/3/1999, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.9 miles away from the city center caused $1 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Beaver City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Nebraska state average. It is 52% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 631.8 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/18/1984 at 15:30:23, a magnitude 5.5 (5.4 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.5 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 336.7 miles away from Beaver City center
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 188.3 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 255.9 miles away from the city center
On 11/13/2001 at 01:56:13, a magnitude 3.3 (3.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 22.3 miles away from Beaver City center
On 5/30/1991 at 22:07:44, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 68.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Furnas County (9) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Floods: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Snows: 2, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Roy Olmstead - Prohibition bootlegger.
Hospitals and medical centers in Beaver City:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Beaver City:
- University of Nebraska at Kearney (about 55 miles; Kearney, NE; Full-time enrollment: 6,047)
- Fort Hays State University (about 92 miles; Hays, KS; FT enrollment: 8,728)
- Central Community College (about 93 miles; Grand Island, NE; FT enrollment: 4,159)
- Barton County Community College (about 134 miles; Great Bend, KS; FT enrollment: 4,108)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (about 172 miles; Lincoln, NE; FT enrollment: 20,817)
- Nebraska Wesleyan University (about 175 miles; Lincoln, NE; FT enrollment: 2,072)
- Southeast Community College Area (about 175 miles; Lincoln, NE; FT enrollment: 8,838)
Public elementary/middle school in Beaver City:
- So Valley Elementary At Beaver City School (Location: 1000 T Street Box 130; Grades: PK-6)
Notable locations in Beaver City: Beaver City (A), Westside Park Campground (B), Furnas County Fairground (C), Beaver City Ambulance (D), Beaver City Volunteer Fire Department (E), Furnas County Courthouse (F), Furnas County Sheriffs Office (G), Beaver City Public Library (H), Beaver City Police Department (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Beaver City include: First Christian Church (A), First United Methodist Church (B), Wesleyan Evangelical Church (C), First Presbyterian Church (D), Friendship Center for Christian Living (E), Grace Brethren Church (F), Free Methodist Church (G), Seventh Day Adventist Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Beaver City include: Westside Park (1), Nebraskas Flying Doctor Historical Marker (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Motel Furnas County (Highway 89 & 10), Inn-Convenience Corner (Highway 89 & 10).
Courts: Furnas County - County Court (912 R Street), Beaver City County Offices - Clerk District Court (912 R Street).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Beaver City and their reported violations in the past:BEAVER CITY, CITY OF (Population served: 641, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2009 and DEC-2009, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-18-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-18-2009), St Public Notif received (JAN-15-2010), St Compliance achieved (FEB-16-2011)
- One routine major monitoring violation
(33.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.7% of all households
2 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities in 2010
33 people in nursing homes in 2000
2 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Beaver City compared to Nebraska state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Banks with branches in Beaver City (2011 data):
- Banner County Bank, Inc.: First State Bank Branch at 401 9th St, branch established on 1887/01/25. Info updated 2011/03/28: Bank assets: $116.5 mil, Deposits: $103.2 mil, headquarters in Harrisburg, NE, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Banner County Ban Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (77%)
- Electricity (19%)
- Other fuel (3%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Beaver City city (based on Furnas County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 82.34%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church||Catholic Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ|
|Name||United Church of Christ||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Baptist General Conference||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Furnas County:||12.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nebraska:||2.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Furnas County:||6.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$4,365||$26,190||11||$6,418|
|Solid Waste Management||4||$6,838||$20,514||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||10||$20,972||$25,166||16||$8,246|
Beaver City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $199,000 ($335.02)
Parks & Recreation: $37,000 ($62.29)
Regular Highways: $2,000 ($3.37)
Solid Waste Management: $2,000 ($3.37)
- Current Operations - Housing & Community Development: $117,000 ($196.97)
Parks & Recreation: $56,000 ($94.28)
Regular Highways: $42,000 ($70.71)
Central Staff Services: $41,000 ($69.02)
Solid Waste Management: $40,000 ($67.34)
Financial Administration: $32,000 ($53.87)
Police Protection: $30,000 ($50.51)
Fire Protection: $20,000 ($33.67)
General Public Buildings: $6,000 ($10.10)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $1,000 ($1.68)
- Other Capital Outlay - Protective Inspection & Regulation, NEC: $67,000 ($112.79)
General - Other: $8,000 ($13.47)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $292,000 ($491.58)
Beaver City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $206,000 ($346.80)
Solid Waste Management: $42,000 ($70.71)
Parks & Recreation: $12,000 ($20.20)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,000 ($1.68)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $217,000 ($365.32)
Interest Earnings: $14,000 ($23.57)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $116,000 ($195.29)
Highways: $61,000 ($102.69)
General Support: $35,000 ($58.92)
- Tax - NEC: $119,000 ($200.34)
Property: $47,000 ($79.12)
Beaver City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $503,000 ($846.80)
6.78% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,071 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
7.17% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,593 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Beaver City:
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KBRL (1300 AM; 5 kW; MCCOOK, NE; Owner: MCCOOK RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- KQNK (1530 AM; 1 kW; NORTON, KS; Owner: PIONEER COUNTRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKPR (1460 AM; 5 kW; KEARNEY, NE; Owner: PLATTE RIVER RADIO, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KMMJ (750 AM; 11 kW; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Owner: JRK BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KXXX (790 AM; 5 kW; COLBY, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KIMB (1260 AM; 50 kW; KIMBALL, NE; Owner: G & L INVESTMENTS, LLC)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Beaver City:
- KLNE-FM (88.7 FM; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- KRVN-FM (93.1 FM; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KQNK-FM (106.7 FM; NORTON, KS; Owner: PIONEER COUNTRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Beaver City:
- KLNE-TV (Channel 3; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- K39BS (Channel 39; NORTON, KS; Owner: SMOKY HILLS PUBLIC TELEVISION)
Total length: 2 meters (7ft)
Total average daily traffic: 50
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:6
- Call Sign: KA0TCI, Licensee ID: L00748578
Grant Date: 12/07/2005, Expiration Date: 12/07/2015, Certifier: Wesley W Wilmot
Registrant: Wesley W Wilmot, Box 165, Beaver City, NE 68926
- Call Sign: KA0TEM, Licensee ID: L00874377
Grant Date: 06/07/2004, Expiration Date: 09/02/2014, Certifier: George E Robinson
Registrant: George E Robinson, 1015 O St, Beaver City, NE 68926
- Call Sign: N0XBU, Licensee ID: L00243014
Grant Date: 03/03/1997, Expiration Date: 05/25/2003, Cancellation Date: 05/26/2005
Registrant: Ashley J Ives, 710 N Rr 1 Box 109b, Beaver City, NE 68926
- Call Sign: KD5JHS, Licensee ID: L00204730
Grant Date: 12/02/2009, Expiration Date: 02/23/2020, Certifier: Judie C Torbett
Registrant: Judie C Torbett, 905 Floyd St. Stop 3, Beaver City, NE 68926
- Call Sign: K9UTM, Previous Call Sign: KC9BGV, Licensee ID: L00480973
Grant Date: 05/09/2012, Expiration Date: 06/18/2022, Certifier: Thomas A Biros Jr
Registrant: Thomas A Biros Jr, 522 R Street, Beaver City, NE 68926
- Call Sign: WB5OB, Previous Call Sign: KA5LQA, Licensee ID: L00163955
Grant Date: 01/15/2010, Expiration Date: 01/15/2020, Certifier: Robert D Torbett Mr.
Registrant: Robert D Torbett, 905 Floyd St. Stop 3, Beaver City, NE 68926
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
- Hazardous Condition: 1
|Most common first names in Beaver City, NE among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Beaver City, NE among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|