We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||47.3 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $20,769 (it was $15,465 in 2000)
Beaver town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $112,923 (it was $75,000 in 2000)
Races in Beaver, WI (2010)
- 1,08094.2%White alone
- 90.8%American Indian alone
- 90.8%Asian alone
- 40.3%Black alone
- 30.3%Two or more races
- 20.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|best route Beaver Dam to Madison (11 replies)|
|Is Milwaukee A Dangerous City (214 replies)|
|Images of Wisconsin (1631 replies)|
|Milwaukee: Racism out of control? (108 replies)|
|Area that might be best for me? (63 replies)|
|Moving from LA to Beaver Dam WI (5 replies)|
Latest news from Beaver, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (46.0%), Polish (25.2%), United States (8.4%), Irish (7.7%), French (5.3%), English (4.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 667 feet
Land area: 68.6 square miles.
Population density: 17 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Beaver:
- High school or higher: 74.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.3%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Beaver town:
- Never married: 20.6%
- Now married: 64.9%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 6.1%
18 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Beaver town:||1.2% ($879)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Green Bay, WI (44.3 miles , pop. 102,313).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Milwaukee, WI (145.4 miles , pop. 596,974).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (229.9 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Pound, WI (2.1 miles ), Coleman, WI (2.5 miles ), Crivitz, WI (2.6 miles ), Brazeau, WI (2.7 miles ), Stephenson, WI (3.2 miles ), Middle Inlet, WI (3.4 miles ), Grover, WI (3.4 miles ), Spruce, WI (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $50,000
- 1999: 5 buildings, average cost: $50,000
- 2000: 14 buildings, average cost: $73,900
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $106,700
- 2005: 8 buildings, average cost: $171,300
- 2006: 7 buildings, average cost: $116,800
- 2007: 6 buildings, average cost: $116,800
- 2009: 5 buildings, average cost: $116,400
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $66,100
- 2012: 5 buildings, average cost: $97,000
- 2013: 4 buildings, average cost: $247,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.15 N, Longitude: 88.08 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (24%)
- Metal and metal products (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Transportation equipment (5%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (3%)
- Food and beverage stores (3%)
- Health care (20%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Transportation equipment (4%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (15%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (14%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Cashiers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
Average climate in Beaver, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Beaver-area historical tornado activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 38% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/19/1968, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.0 miles away from the Beaver town center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 9/28/1971, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.7 miles away from the town center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Beaver-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 258.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 425.5 miles away from Beaver center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 461.8 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 370.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 388.2 miles away from Beaver center
On 9/2/1994 at 21:23:06, a magnitude 3.5 (3.4 LG, 3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 237.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Marinette County (4) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Beaver:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (about 44 miles; Green Bay, WI; Full-time enrollment: 6,069)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (about 44 miles; Green Bay, WI; FT enrollment: 5,415)
- Saint Norbert College (about 49 miles; De Pere, WI; FT enrollment: 2,324)
- Fox Valley Technical College (about 63 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 5,682)
- Lawrence University (about 64 miles; Appleton, WI; FT enrollment: 2,821)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 78 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 82 miles; Oshkosh, WI; FT enrollment: 10,637)
Churches in Beaver include: Beaver Church (A), Saint Matthews Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Beaver Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Giese Lake (A), Murphy Lake (B), Nelligan Lake (C), Newbar Lake (D), Rainbow Lake (E), Mud Lake (F), Bahlert Lake (G), Bass Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Beaver Creek (A), Iron Springs Creek (B), Murphy Creek (C), Left Foot Creek (D), Walker Creek (E), Whisky Creek (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Beaver: Beaver Creek State Public Hunting Grounds (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Beaver town (based on Marinette County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Marinette County:||2.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marinette County:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marinette County:||7.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.05% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,872 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Menominee County, MI||0.79% ($24,008 average AGI)|
|from Brown County, WI||0.78% ($31,538)|
|from Oconto County, WI||0.44% ($29,096)|
5.31% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,108 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Beaver:
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WDBC (680 AM; 10 kW; ESCANABA, MI; Owner: KMB BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WLDR (1210 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KINGSLEY, MI; Owner: FORT BEND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOCO (1260 AM; 1 kW; OCONTO, WI; Owner: LAMARDO INC.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WNFL (1440 AM; 5 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Beaver:
- WSFQ (96.3 FM; PESHTIGO, WI; Owner: BADGER COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- WRVM (102.7 FM; SURING, WI; Owner: WRVM, INC.)
- WLST (95.1 FM; MARINETTE, WI; Owner: BADGER COMMUNICATIONS L.L.C.)
- WOWN (99.3 FM; SHAWANO, WI; Owner: RESULTS BROADCASTING OF SHAWANO, INC.)
- WMXG (106.3 FM; STEPHENSON, MI; Owner: ESCANABA LICENSE CORP.)
- WHYB (103.7 FM; MENOMINEE, MI; Owner: BADGER COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- WOCO-FM (107.1 FM; OCONTO, WI; Owner: LAMARDO INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Beaver:
- WIWB (Channel 14; SURING, WI; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF WISCONSIN, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 15m49ftTotal length
- $839,000Total costs
- 9,575Total average daily traffic
- 773Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,325Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1
- Corner Of 2nd & 21st Roads (Lat: 45.111667 Lon: -88.034722), Type: Tower, Structure height: 121.9 m, Overall height: 128 m, Call Sign: KNKN395
Assigned Frequencies: 880.020 MHz, 835.020 MHz, 891.510 MHz, 846.510 MHzGrant Date: 08/18/2009, Expiration Date: 10/01/2019, Certifier: Mark NazeRegistrant: Hill & Welch, 1025 Connecticut Ave., Nw #1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 857-1470, Fax: (301) 622-2864, Email:
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:2
- Leslie N Lindeman, Corner Of 2nd & 21st Roads (Lat: 45.111667 Lon: -88.034722), Type: 128.0, Structure height: 55075 m, Overall height: 121.9 m, Registrant: 9203392890, , 1641 COMMANCHE AVE. SUITE I
- Corner Of 2nd & 21st Roads (Lat: 45.111667 Lon: -88.034722), Type: 128.0, Overall height: 121.9 m, Registrant: 9203392890, , 1641 COMMANCHE AVE. SUITE I
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- POUND, Corner Of 2nd & 21st Roads (Lat: 45.111639 Lon: -88.034833), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 121.9 m, Overall height: 128 m, Call Sign: WPOS320
Assigned Frequencies: 6034.15 MHz, 6093.45 MHz, 5974.85 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 6034.15 MHz, 6034.15 MHzGrant Date: 01/13/2009, Expiration Date: 02/01/2019, Certifier: Mark NazeRegistrant: Nsighttel Wireless, LLC, 450 Security Boulevard, Green Bay, WI 54313, Phone: (920) 617-7175, Fax: (920) 617-5744, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KC9HOR, Licensee ID: L01012779, Grant Date: 05/04/2005, Expiration Date: 05/04/2015, Cancellation Date: 02/04/2006, Certifier: David W Goddard, Registrant: David W Goddard, N5111 13th Rd, Beaver, WI 54114
- Call Sign: W9DWG, Previous Call Sign: KC9HOR, Licensee ID: L01012779, Grant Date: 02/04/2006, Expiration Date: 02/04/2016, Certifier: David W Goddard, Registrant: David W Goddard, N5111 13th Rd, Beaver, WI 54114
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (44%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (25%)
- Wood (22%)
- Electricity (6%)
- Utility gas (3%)
Beaver compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.