We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||57.7 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip code: 04622
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $32,299 (it was $20,180 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $108,888 (it was $65,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $148,176; Detached houses: $165,160; Townhouses or other attached units: $116,928; In 2-unit structures: $179,771; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $237,952; Mobile homes: $61,717; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $45,219
Races in Beddington, ME (2010)
- 4794.0%White alone
- 24.0%Other race alone
- 12.0%Asian alone
|Airline (Route 9) (7 replies)|
|Hancock County, Maine wanting to know more (9 replies)|
|Mysterious Airline Inn? (20 replies)|
|Is there life east of Bangor? (115 replies)|
|Houlton or Calais (8 replies)|
|a Question About WALKING Off Road... (22 replies)|
Latest news from Beddington, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (10.3%), Italian (10.3%), German (6.9%), Irish (6.9%), Scotch-Irish (6.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 01/31/1833
Elevation: 530 feet
Land area: 34.8 square miles.
Population density: 1.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Beddington:
- High school or higher: 86.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 0.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Beddington town:
- Never married: 13.3%
- Now married: 33.3%
- Separated: 13.3%
- Widowed: 26.7%
- Divorced: 13.3%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Beddington town:||0.5% ($350)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (138.8 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (232.9 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (406.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Deblois, ME (2.7 miles) , Osborn, ME (3.6 miles) , Aurora, ME (3.7 miles) , Columbia, ME (3.8 miles ), Cherryfield, ME (3.9 miles ), Eastbrook, ME (4.1 miles ), Columbia Falls, ME (4.2 miles ), Harrington, ME (4.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $25,000
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $25,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $180,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.83 N, Longitude: 67.99 W
Area code: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Beddington, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Beddington-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 93% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 34.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 282.8 miles away from Beddington center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 201.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 319.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 34.0 miles away from Beddington center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 34.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washington County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Snows: 5, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Beddington:
- University of Maine (about 34 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 40 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 96 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 107 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 138 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 140 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 142 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
Notable locations in Beddington: Irving Worcester Camp (A), Stewart Camp (B), Beddington Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Beddington Lake (A), Horseshoe Pond (B), Little Horseshoe Pond (C), Mountain Pond (D), Southwest Pond (E), Spruce Mountain Lake (F), Bog Brook Flowage (G), Pleasant River Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Northeast Brook (A), Southwest Brook (B), Shorey Brook (C), Spruce Mountain Lake Brook (D), Flynn Brook (E), Bog Brook (F), Merrit Brook (G), Canoe Brook (H), Little Narraguagus River (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||1.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Beddington town (based on Washington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washington County:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||1.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||9.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
4.44% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,571 average adjusted gross income)
0.14% of residents moved from foreign countries ($798 average AGI)
Washington County: 0.14% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.56% ($25,985 average AGI)|
|from Hancock County, ME||0.38% ($33,364)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.29% ($38,176)|
4.37% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,225 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Beddington:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNZS (1340 AM; 1 kW; VEAZIE, ME; Owner: WATERFRONT COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Beddington:
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WNSX (97.7 FM; WINTER HARBOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWMJ (95.7 FM; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBQI (107.7 FM; BAR HARBOR, ME; Owner: MARINER BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WMEH (90.9 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEZQ (92.9 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WLKE (99.1 FM; BAR HARBOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKIT-FM (100.3 FM; BREWER, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WERU-FM (89.9 FM; BLUE HILL, ME; Owner: SALT POND COMMUNITY B/C COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Beddington:
- WMEB-TV (Channel 12; ORONO, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Beddington fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 2m7ftTotal length
- 2,873Total average daily traffic
- 258Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,022Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Beddington)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- LEAD MOUNTAIN_USF, 566 Bear Pond Rd. (Lat: 44.864361 Lon: -68.110028), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 24.4 m, Overall height: 25.9 m, Call Sign: WQOT566
Assigned Frequencies: 6345.49 MHzGrant Date: 01/25/2012, Expiration Date: 01/25/2022, Certifier: Steven T CampbellRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- LEAD MT RPTR, Lead Mountain, T28 Me (Lat: 44.864361 Lon: -68.110028), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 23.8 m, Overall height: 29.3 m, Call Sign: WQSJ808
Assigned Frequencies: 6375.14 MHzGrant Date: 09/30/2013, Expiration Date: 09/30/2023, Cancellation Date: 03/11/2015, Certifier: John MondayRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 2200 N Greenville Ave., 1w, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 234-7003, Fax: (972) 301-6893, Email:
Beddington compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.