Bennettsville, South Carolina
Bennettsville: Early Fisherman At Lake Paul Wallace
Bennettsville: American Flag at a Local Business
Bennettsville: Marlboro County Courthouse
Bennettsville: Confederate Statue
Bennettsville: New Postcard
Bennettsville: an old cotton gin in Bennettsville
Bennettsville: Snow in the south.
Bennettsville: McAlpine Stadium Home of the Marlboro County High Bulldogs
Bennettsville: The Sabel Palmetto, our state tree, near downtown Bennettsville
Bennettsville: Marlboro Wholesale Grocery Incorporated..Local Business that is 109 Years Old
Bennettsville: Palmetto tree
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||38.8 years|
|South Carolina median age:||39.1 years|
Zip codes: 29512.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $14,544 (it was $13,917 in 2000)
Bennettsville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $89,168 (it was $55,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $112,966; Detached houses: $120,363; Mobile homes: $36,785
Median gross rent in 2016: $592.
Races in Bennettsville, SC (2016)
- 5,85265.6%Black alone
- 2,46327.6%White alone
- 3483.9%Two or more races
- 550.6%Asian alone
- 210.2%American Indian alone
|North Pointe, Bennettsville, South Carolina (2 replies)|
|downtown florence sc is booming (100 replies)|
|Recently Closed Businesses in the Greenville-Spartanburg Area - Post Them Here. (2209 replies)|
|Chesterfield, Cheraw, Society Hill, Wallace, Bennettsville (4 replies)|
|Florence Idea (72 replies)|
|Prisoners from GITMO (27 replies)|
Latest news from Bennettsville, SC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (6.0%), English (3.5%), Irish (2.7%), African (2.6%), German (1.7%), Scottish (1.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 155 feet
Land area: 5.59 square miles.
Population density: 1,580 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Bennettsville:
- High school or higher: 64.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.0%
- Unemployed: 9.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bennettsville city:
- Never married: 41.6%
- Now married: 34.7%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 11.0%
- Divorced: 9.2%
184 residents are foreign born (1.1% Latin America, 0.6% Asia).
According to our research of South Carolina and other state lists there were 15 registered sex offenders living in Bennettsville, South Carolina as of March 19, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Bennettsville to the number of sex offenders is 595 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $481 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $370 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fayetteville, NC (53.3 miles , pop. 121,015).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (76.5 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (447.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Tatum, SC (2.4 miles) , Blenheim, SC (2.8 miles) , Clio, SC (2.9 miles ), McColl, SC (2.9 miles ), Gibson, NC (3.3 miles ), Scotch Meadows, NC (3.3 miles ), Wallace, SC (3.3 miles ), Society Hill, SC (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $84,400
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $85,800
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $129,500
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $187,000
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $89,200
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $87,000
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $79,400
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $73,000
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $114,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $107,500
- 2007: 4 buildings, average cost: $174,800
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $249,500
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $124,000
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $174,000
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $150,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.62 N, Longitude: 79.68 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +745 (+8.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,211 (44.8%)
Area code: 843
|Crime rates in Bennettsville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||774.5||774.2||682.0||761.1||778.9||686.5||813.1||631.5||622.5||680.4||644.6||568.9||477.8||609.3||432.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Bennettsville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.52|
|South Carolina average:||2.85|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -994 (-9.5%).
- Manufacturing (22%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (8%)
- Wholesale trade (8%)
- Construction (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Manufacturing (19%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Production occupations (14%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Management occupations (12%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
Average climate in Bennettsville, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bennettsville-area historical tornado activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 17% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/28/1984, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 4.2 miles away from the Bennettsville city center killed 7 people and injured 100 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 3/28/1984, a category F4 tornado 4.9 miles away from the city center killed 4 people and injured 395 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Bennettsville-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below South Carolina state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 122.0 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 168.4 miles away from Bennettsville center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 111.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/13/1998 at 09:56:11, a magnitude 3.9 (3.5 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 44.5 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 154.0 miles away from Bennettsville center
On 9/25/2006 at 05:44:25, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 MB, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 13.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Marlboro County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 6, Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Hugh McColl - Banker, Frank E. Willis - Mayor, Marian Wright Edelman - African s' rights activist, Anthony Cook (American football) - Football player, Casaan Breeden - College basketball player (Florida State Seminoles), Jim Odom - Baseball umpire.
Hospitals and medical centers in Bennettsville:
airports located in Bennettsville:
- Marlboro County Jetport - H E Avent Field Airport (BBP) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 60, Itinerant Ops: 2,500, Local Ops: 1,200)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bennettsville:
- Richmond Community College (about 20 miles; Hamlet, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,106)
- Florence-Darlington Technical College (about 28 miles; Florence, SC; FT enrollment: 4,468)
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke (about 28 miles; Pembroke, NC; FT enrollment: 5,548)
- Francis Marion University (about 30 miles; Florence, SC; FT enrollment: 3,624)
- Robeson Community College (about 39 miles; Lumberton, NC; FT enrollment: 2,322)
- Sandhills Community College (about 44 miles; Pinehurst, NC; FT enrollment: 3,434)
- Wingate University (about 50 miles; Wingate, NC; FT enrollment: 2,125)
Public high school in Bennettsville:
- MARLBORO COUNTY HIGH (Students: 1,248, Location: 951 FAYETTEVILLE AVENUE, Grades: 9-12)
Private high schools in Bennettsville:
Public elementary/middle schools in Bennettsville:
- BENNETTSVILLE PRIMARY (Students: 515, Location: 301 JEFFERSON STREET, Grades: PK-2)
- BENNETTSVILLE INTERMEDIATE (Location: 701 CHERAW STREET, Grades: 3-6)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- MARLBORO ACADEMY is ALSO a private primary/middle school facility. added by Sunnie S.
Notable locations in Bennettsville: Bennettsville Fire Department Northside (A), Bennettsville Fire Department Downtown (B), Evans Correctional Institute (C), Bennettsville City Hall (D), Marlboro County Courthouse (E), Marlboro County Public Library (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Bi-Lo Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Bennettsville include: Saint Pauls Church (A), Washington Temple (B), Calvary Church (C), Evans Church (D), Free Will Church (E), First Presbyterian Church (F), Thomas Memorial Church (G), Shiloh Church (H), Beulah Methodist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Evergreen Cemetery (1), Oak Ridge Cemetery (2), McCall Cemetery (3), Sunset Memorial Park (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Lake Wallace (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Lilly Quick Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Bennettsville: Bennettsville Historic District (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Harrison Music CO (Amusement & Theme Parks; 104 West Main Street).
Hotels: Howard Johnson Express Inn (I-95 & Route 9), Bypass Motel (571 15-401 Bypass West), Marlboro Inn (130 15-401 Bypass West), Ellerbe House (411 West Main Street), Main Street Executive Suites (218 East Main Street), Breeden Inn Main House (404 East Main Street).
Courts: Marlboro County - Courts- Family Court Payment Clerk (Courthouse), Marlboro County - Courts- Clerk Of Court (Courthouse), Bennettsville City - Municipal Court (103 East Market Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 52.9. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 26.4. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 23.5 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2001 was 0.00334. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 22.4 miles away from the city center.
(16.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 38.1% for Black residents, 10.5% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
|South Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Bennettsville in 2010:
- 1,583 people in state prisons
- 155 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 66 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 8 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Bennettsville in 2000:
- 1,316 people in state prisons
- 111 people in nursing homes
- 7 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Banks with branches in Bennettsville (2011 data):
- Carolina Bank & Trust Co.: Bennettsville Drive-In Branch at Us Highway 15 And 401 By-Pass, branch established on 1988/03/21; Bennettsville Branch at 301 East Main Street, branch established on 1960/11/30. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $358.5 mil, Deposits: $314.2 mil, headquarters in Lamar, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 16 total offices, Holding Company: First Carolina Bancshares Corporation
- First Citizens Bank and Trust Company, Inc.: Bennettsville Branch at 314 East Main Street, branch established on 1993/05/17. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $8,104.0 mil, Deposits: $6,880.8 mil, headquarters in Columbia, SC, positive income, 197 total offices, Holding Company: First Citizens Bancorporation, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Bennettsville Main at 145 Broad Street, branch established on 1963/07/22. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- First Capital Bank: at 207 Highway 15-401 By-Pass East, branch established on 1999/09/27. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $62.0 mil, Deposits: $55.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
|South Carolina average:||11.7|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bennettsville city (based on Marlboro County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Marlboro County:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marlboro County:||2.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||0.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marlboro County:||7.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Bennettsville, SC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||24||$55,143||$27,572||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$2,544||$30,528||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||34||$105,754||$37,325||0||$0|
|Police - Other||3||$6,789||$27,156||1||$883|
|Solid Waste Management||22||$50,780||$27,698||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||4||$8,870||$26,610||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||5||$15,679||$37,630||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||130||$367,030||$33,880||1||$883|
Bennettsville government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $8,111,000 ($918.26)
Gas Utilities: $6,628,000 ($750.37)
Police Protection: $1,824,000 ($206.50)
Regular Highways: $1,330,000 ($150.57)
Local Fire Protection: $858,000 ($97.14)
Parks and Recreation: $546,000 ($61.81)
Central Staff Services: $401,000 ($45.40)
Financial Administration: $325,000 ($36.79)
Judicial and Legal Services: $200,000 ($22.64)
Housing and Community Development: $37,000 ($4.19)
- General - Interest on Debt: $347,000 ($39.28)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $1,751,000 ($198.23)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $4,513,000 ($510.92)
Bennettsville government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,678,000 ($189.97)
Solid Waste Management: $751,000 ($85.02)
All Other: $60,000 ($6.79)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $27,000 ($3.06)
- Miscellaneous - Fines and Forfeits: $212,000 ($24.00)
Interest Earnings: $195,000 ($22.08)
Sale of Property: $30,000 ($3.40)
General Revenue, NEC: $24,000 ($2.72)
Rents: $20,000 ($2.26)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $8,368,000 ($947.36)
Gas Utilities: $6,091,000 ($689.57)
Water Utilities: $1,459,000 ($165.18)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $726,000 ($82.19)
All Other: $686,000 ($77.66)
General Local Government Support: $251,000 ($28.42)
- Tax - Property: $946,000 ($107.10)
Other License: $663,000 ($75.06)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $617,000 ($69.85)
Public Utility License: $76,000 ($8.60)
Occupation and Business License, NEC: $22,000 ($2.49)
Bennettsville government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $9,660,000 ($1093.63)
Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $9,275,000 ($1050.04)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $555,000 ($62.83)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $425,000 ($48.12)
Retired Nonguaranteed - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $385,000 ($43.59)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $130,000 ($14.72)
Bennettsville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Bond Funds - Cash and Securities: $64,000 ($7.25)
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $7,513,000 ($850.56)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $9,275,000 ($1050.04)
4.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($23,290 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.90%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Chesterfield County, SC||0.63% ($20,456 average AGI)|
|from Scotland County, NC||0.47% ($23,605)|
|from Dillon County, SC||0.31% ($27,357)|
5.09% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,270 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.53%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bennettsville:
- WBSC (1550 AM; 10 kW; BENNETTSVILLE, SC; Owner: D-MITCH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEWO (1460 AM; 5 kW; LAURINBURG, NC; Owner: SERVICE MEDIA, INC.)
- WJMX (970 AM; 10 kW; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: QANTUM OF FLORENCE LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WLWL (770 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ROCKINGHAM, NC; Owner: SANDHILLS BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WBT (1110 AM; 50 kW; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATNS CO. OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WAGL (1560 AM; daytime; 50 kW; LANCASTER, SC; Owner: PALMETTO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WEEB (990 AM; 10 kW; SOUTHERN PINES, NC; Owner: PINEHURST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WFNC (640 AM; 10 kW; FAYETTEVILLE, NC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTRU (830 AM; 50 kW; KERNERSVILLE, NC; Owner: TRUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRE (1420 AM; 1 kW; CHERAW, SC; Owner: ORR BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bennettsville:
- WEGX (92.9 FM; DILLON, SC; Owner: QANTUM OF FLORENCE LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WJSG (104.3 FM; HAMLET, NC; Owner: JACKSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJMX-FM (103.3 FM; CHERAW, SC; Owner: QANTUM OF FLORENCE LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WCMG (94.3 FM; LATTA, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WHLZ (100.5 FM; MARION, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFLB (96.5 FM; LAURINBURG, NC; Owner: WFLB LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKML (95.7 FM; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: WKML LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WYNN-FM (106.3 FM; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBZF (98.5 FM; HARTSVILLE, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WYFQ-FM (93.5 FM; WADESBORO, NC; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WUKS (107.7 FM; ST. PAULS, NC; Owner: WDAS LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDAR-FM (105.5 FM; DARLINGTON, SC; Owner: QANTUM OF FLORENCE LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WSIM (93.7 FM; BISHOPVILLE, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVSZ (107.3 FM; CHESTERFIELD, SC; Owner: OUR THREE SONS BROADCASTING, LLP)
TV broadcast stations around Bennettsville:
- WPDE-TV (Channel 15; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: GRAND STRAND COMMUNICATIONS)
- WWMB (Channel 21; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: ATLANTIC MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WBTW (Channel 13; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W66DE (Channel 50; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: CAROLINA CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJPM-TV (Channel 33; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WSFX-TV (Channel 26; WILMINGTON, NC; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUNU (Channel 31; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WFPX (Channel 62; FAYETTEVILLE, NC; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 20m66ftTotal length
- $734,000Total costs
- 23,875Total average daily traffic
- 977Total average daily truck traffic
- 34,473Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 124 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Bennettsville, SC)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 25 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 17 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Bennettsville)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 12 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Bennettsville)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bennettsville and their reported violations in the past:BENNETTSVILLE CITY OF (3410001) (Population served: 9,855, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Single Turbidity Exceed (Enhanced SWTR) - In JUL-2008, Contaminant: IESWTR. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-15-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-15-2008), St Public Notif received (SEP-18-2008), St Compliance achieved (FEB-01-2009)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Bennettsville that have no violations reported:
- MARLBORO WATER CO (3420001) (Population served: 4,474, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 135
- Hazardous Condition: 21
- Good Intent Call: 8
Incident types - Bennettsville
|Most common first names in Bennettsville, SC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Bennettsville, SC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (49%)
- Utility gas (47%)
- Wood (2%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (2%)
|Businesses in Bennettsville, SC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|Best Western||1||Pizza Hut||1|
Bennettsville compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Bennettsville on our top lists:
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Production occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the least cars per house, population 5,000+"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of single-parent households, population 5,000+"
- #84 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest percentage of workers working at home, population 5,000+"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #24 (29512) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Scotch-Irish first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2019.