|Median resident age:||39.4 years|
|Nevada median age:||35.0 years|
Zip code: 89821
Beowawe CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $76,101 (it was $54,800 in 2000)
- White alone - 461 (84.1%)
- Hispanic - 48 (8.8%)
- Two or more races - 23 (4.2%)
- American Indian alone - 10 (1.8%)
- Black alone - 3 (0.5%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.4%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 4690 feet
Land area: 1857.9 square miles.Population density: 0.3 people per square mile (very low).
For population 25 years and over in Beowawe:
- High school or higher: 74.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.0%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Beowawe CCD:
- Never married: 15.6%
- Now married: 57.8%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 17.9%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Beowawe CCD:||0.6% ($323)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Sparks, NV (186.2 miles , pop. 66,346).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Sacramento, CA (299.4 miles , pop. 407,018).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (452.9 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Crescent Valley, NV (2.9 miles ), Carlin, NV (5.0 miles ), Battle Mountain, NV (5.5 miles ), Elko, NV (6.6 miles ), Valmy, NV (6.6 miles) , Spring Creek, NV (6.9 miles ), Osino, NV (7.2 miles ), Lamoille, NV (7.3 miles) .
Latitude: 40.45 N, Longitude: 116.42 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 775
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (54%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Construction (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Truck transportation (3%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Public administration (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (12%)
- Health care (9%)
- Utilities (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Extraction workers (20%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (10%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (9%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Top executives (7%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (7%)
- Electricians (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (11%)
- Life, physical, and social science technicians (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (6%)
Average climate in Beowawe, Nevada
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Beowawe-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Nevada state average. It is 449% greater than the overall U.S. average.
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Eureka County (5) is smaller than the US average (12).
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Snows: 2, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Beowawe:
- College of Southern Idaho (about 179 miles; Twin Falls, ID; Full-time enrollment: 5,051)
- Truckee Meadows Community College (about 189 miles; Reno, NV; FT enrollment: 6,919)
- University of Nevada-Reno (about 191 miles; Reno, NV; FT enrollment: 15,092)
- Western Nevada College (about 200 miles; Carson City, NV; FT enrollment: 2,338)
- Northwest Nazarene University (about 216 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 2,290)
- Boise State University (about 219 miles; Boise, ID; FT enrollment: 16,774)
- College of Western Idaho (about 220 miles; Nampa, ID; FT enrollment: 6,300)
Notable locations in Beowawe: Hot Springs Ranch (A), Sod House Ranch (B), Damele Ranch (C), Alkali Windmill (D), Sansening Ranch (E), Bell Ranch (F), Bailey Ranch (G), Dewey Dann Ranch (H), Frenchie Ranch (I), Hall Ranch (J), Hay Ranch (K), T Lazy S Farm (L), Bruffey Ranch (M), Mineral Hill (N), Gravelly Ford (O), Dean Ranch (P), Boulder Windmill (Q), Duggan Spur (R), Allison Ranch (S), Coyote Ranch (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Maidens Grave Cemetery (1), Indian Cemetery (2), Pioneers Grave (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Thomas Creek (A), Cooks Creek (B), Bob Creek (C), Birch Creek (D), Hot Creek (E), Simon Creek (F), Soap Creek (G), Rodeo Creek (H), Spring Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Beowawe compared to Nevada state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (71%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Wood (9%)
- Utility gas (7%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Religion statistics for Beowawe CCD (based on Eureka County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 33.49%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Episcopal Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Eureka County:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nevada:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Eureka County:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.14 / 10,000 pop.|
13.81% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($40,821 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Elko County, NV||2.47% ($46,667 average AGI)|
8.73% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($34,200 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Strongest AM radio stations in Beowawe:
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Beowawe:
- K263AB (100.5 FM; BATTLE MOUNTAIN, NV; Owner: LANDER COUNTY GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DIST. #1)
- K293AA (106.5 FM; BATTLE MOUNTAIN, NV; Owner: LANDER COUNTY GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DIST. #1)
- K257AX (99.3 FM; BATTLE MOUNTAIN, NV; Owner: LANDER CNTY GEN. IMPRVMNT DIST. #1)
- K201DE (88.1 FM; ELKO, NV; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS)
- K285EK (104.9 FM; BATTLE MOUNTAIN, NV; Owner: LANDER CNTY GENERAL IMPRVMNT DIS. #1)
- KNCC (91.5 FM; ELKO, NV; Owner: NORTHERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- KHIX (96.7 FM; CARLIN, NV; Owner: RUBY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KLKO (93.7 FM; ELKO, NV; Owner: ELKO BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Beowawe:
- K05JU (Channel 5; ELKO, NV; Owner: ELKO TELEVISION DISTRICT)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Lat: 40.572972 Lon: -116.447306, Call Sign: KAW310
Assigned Frequencies: 161.025 MHz, 161.520 MHz
Grant Date: 10/11/2003, Expiration Date: 01/06/2014, Certifier: L J Kopiasz
Registrant: Union Pacific Railroad Company, 1400 Douglas St. Stop 0650, Omaha, NE 68179, Phone: (402) 544-0486, Fax: (402) 233-3179, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 5
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Beowawe on our top lists:
- #56 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"