Glacier County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Click to draw/clear place borders
Notable locations in Blackfeet: Magee Ranch (A), Blackfeet Agency (B), Bison Creek Ranch (C), Browning Station (D), Camp Nine (E), Chewing Blackbones Campground (F), Port of Del Bonita (G), Johnsons Campground (H), Aspenwood Camp (I), Cut Bank Golf and Country Club (J), Glacier Park Lodge Golf Course (K), Chief Mountain Junction (L), Saint Mary Triple Divide Campground (M), Two Sisters Campground (N), Leanin Tree Campground (O), Sleeping Wolf Campground (P), Duck Lake Campground (Q), Shady Grove Campground (R), Red Eagle-Two Medicine Campground (S), Smileys RV Park (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Blackfeet include: Holy Family Mission (A), Sommer Haven Christian Church (B), Sacred Heart Mission (C), Starr Baptist Church (D), Chapel of the Ascension (E), Saint Mary Mission (F), Little Flower Parish (G), Browning United Methodist Church (H), Blackfeet United Methodist Parish (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: East Glacier Park Cemetery (1), Four Horns Cemetery (2), Willow Creek Cemetery (3), Holy Family Mission Cemetery (4), Schildt Cemetery (5), Afterbuffalo Cemetery (6), Birdrattler Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Lower Two Medicine Lake (A), Josephine Lake (B), Pike Lake (C), Kipp Lake (D), Sharp Lake (E), Spider Lake (F), Big Spring Lake (G), Carlow Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Badger Creek (A), Coon Creek (B), Arnoux Creek (C), Freeze Out Creek (D), Cow Creek (E), Boulder Creek (F), Boundary Creek (G), South Fork Two Medicine River (H), Depot Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Blackfeet include: Blackfeet Nation Historical Marker (1), Camp Disappointment Historical Marker (2), Malmstrom Air Force Base Recreation Area (3), Old Agency 1880-1894 Historical Marker (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This place: || 3.3 people|
|Montana: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This place: || 75.7%|
|Whole state: || 62.8%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This place: || 12.9%|
|Whole state: || 6.7%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.7% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Blackfeet, MT
People in group quarters in Blackfeet in 2010:
- 315 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 84 people in workers’ group living quarters and job corps centers
- 37 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 26 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 22 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 8 people in residential treatment centers for adults
People in group quarters in Blackfeet in 2000:
- 45 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 39 people in nursing homes
- 30 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 10 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 10 people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill
- 8 people in schools, hospitals, or wards for the mentally retarded
- 8 people in other group homes
Blackfeet compared to Montana state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (43%)
- Electricity (27%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (14%)
- Wood (14%)
- Other fuel (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Blackfeet CCD (based on Glacier County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 72.39%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Hutterian Brethren||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Glacier County:||3.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Glacier County:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||0.48 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Glacier County:||4.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||9.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Montana:||7.2%|Adult obesity rate:
|Montana:||23.1%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
5.38% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($29,881 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
5.87% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($28,435 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Blackfeet:
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSEN (1150 AM; 10 kW; SHELBY, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KJJR (880 AM; 10 kW; WHITEFISH, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INCORPORATED)
- KGEZ (600 AM; 5 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: SKYLINE BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KMON (560 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXLY (920 AM; 20 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: SPOKANE RADIO, INC.)
- KQQQ (1150 AM; 25 kW; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: RADIO PALOUSE, INC.)
- KEIN (1310 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: MUNSON RADIO, INC.)
- KIRO (710 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Blackfeet:
- KBBZ (98.5 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKMT (95.9 FM; COLUMBIA FALLS, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Blackfeet:
- K57FM (Channel 57; BROWNING, MT; Owner: BROWNING PUBLIC SCHOOL)
- #46 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #36 (59417) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of residents speaking other language at home (pop 5,000+)"
- #57 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"