We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||50.1 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05905.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $27,581 (it was $17,224 in 2000)
Bloomfield town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $126,336 (it was $70,600 in 2000)
Races in Bloomfield, VT (2010)
- 21898.6%White alone
- 20.9%Two or more races
- 10.5%Black alone
|Need Help Planning A 7 State New England Fall Foliage Tour (39 replies)|
|Vermont Weather (3227 replies)|
|Deciding on if I should move to Vermont... (11 replies)|
|Vermont vs. New Hampshire vs. Maine (X-post) (19 replies)|
|How do you know, no matter where you are, that you are a Vermonter? (14 replies)|
Latest news from Bloomfield, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (57.5%), English (36.0%), Irish (18.8%), French Canadian (10.3%), German (3.4%), United States (2.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 912 feet
Land area: 40.4 square miles.
Population density: 5.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Bloomfield:
- High school or higher: 77.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bloomfield town:
- Never married: 18.0%
- Now married: 60.8%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 15.2%
11 residents are foreign born (4.2% North America).
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Bloomfield, Vermont as of February 18, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Bloomfield to the number of sex offenders is 221 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Bloomfield town:||1.1% ($765)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (103.4 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (173.3 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (295.8 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Brunswick, VT (2.2 miles) , Columbia, NH (2.6 miles ), Lewis, VT (2.7 miles) , Ferdinand, VT (2.7 miles) , Stratford, NH (3.0 miles ), Lemington, VT (3.1 miles) , Maidstone, VT (3.1 miles) , Brighton, VT (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 44.80 N, Longitude: 71.64 W
Area code: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (25%)
- Construction (11%)
- Paper (9%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Sporting goods, camera, and hobby and toy stores (4%)
- Truck transportation (4%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (16%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Paper (9%)
- Plastics and rubber products (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (13%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (10%)
- Other construction workers and helpers (7%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Electricians (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (15%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Woodworkers (6%)
- Financial managers (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
Average climate in Bloomfield, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Bloomfield-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Vermont state average. It is 92% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 104.7 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 146.0 miles away from Bloomfield center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 89.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 37.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 103.3 miles away from Bloomfield center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 44.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Essex County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Tropical Storms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bloomfield:
- Norwich University (about 68 miles; Northfield, VT; Full-time enrollment: 4,221)
- Plymouth State University (about 72 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 74 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Saint Michael's College (about 79 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 79 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- University of Vermont (about 80 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 11,566)
- Champlain College (about 81 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 2,623)
Notable locations in Bloomfield: Camp Number Five (A), Camp Number Four (B), Camp Number Three (C), Camp Number Seventeen (D), Camp Number Fifteen (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Bloomfield Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Nulhegan River (A), Mink Brook (B), Mill Brook (C), Hibbard Brook (D), Daley Brook (E), First Brook (F), Clough Brook (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2002 was 55.3. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2002 was 1.47. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 14.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 18.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.9 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.9% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Bloomfield town (based on Essex County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Essex County:||3.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Essex County:||6.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||15.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
7.51% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,339 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Caledonia County, VT||1.91% ($23,813 average AGI)|
|from Coos County, NH||1.59% ($26,075)|
|from Orleans County, VT||0.52% ($21,385)|
7.29% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($67,934 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Bloomfield:
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bloomfield:
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WTOS-FM (105.1 FM; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WMOO (92.1 FM; DERBY CENTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSTAR MEDIA, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W243AE (96.5 FM; ORLEANS, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLOB-FM (96.3 FM; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST RADIO, LLC)
- WCKJ (90.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WKXH (105.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
Bloomfield fatal accident list:
Dec 30, 1999 02:15 PM, Sr-105, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Jan 1, 1988 01:00 PM, Th 7, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
Oct 19, 1986 87:99 PM, Vt102, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jun 24, 1982 02:30 AM, Vt1105, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 2, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 15m49ftTotal length
- $685,000Total costs
- 3,980Total average daily traffic
- 291Total average daily truck traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (79%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (15%)
- Wood (5%)
Bloomfield compared to Vermont state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.