Blue Lake, California
Blue Lake: Blue Lake Fire Department
Blue Lake: Down Hatchery rd. on the levy, a favorite swimming as well as fishing hole
Blue Lake: The Blue Lake barn
Blue Lake: empty
Blue Lake: Blue Lake festival 2009
Blue Lake: Looking Toward Fish Hatchery
Blue Lake: Blue Lake City Hall
Blue Lake: The Worthington House Inn - A Bed and Breakfast built in 1887
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||36.8 years|
|California median age:||35.7 years|
Zip codes: 95525.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $24,937 (it was $17,603 in 2000)
Blue Lake city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $253,739 (it was $111,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $329,742; Detached houses: $352,237; Townhouses or other attached units: $369,119; In 2-unit structures: $277,486; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $151,020; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $272,314; Mobile homes: $97,916; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $4,954
Median gross rent in 2013: $1,010.
Races in Blue Lake, CA (2013)
- 1,09677.7%White alone
- 1248.8%American Indian alone
- 392.8%Two or more races
- 241.7%Black alone
- 231.6%Asian alone
- 20.1%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Fortuna, Arcata, Blue Lakes, Jacoby Hill, Ferndale, Trinidad (5 replies)|
|What's the deal with Eureka? Why all the negatives? (62 replies)|
|Thinking of moving to the North Coast? Read this first! (92 replies)|
|Nice/Safe Place to Live near Humboldt State Univ? (8 replies)|
|Climate? (38 replies)|
|Least racist northern CA city/town? North coast? (11 replies)|
Latest news from Blue Lake, CA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (10.9%), Irish (9.5%), German (9.2%), Scottish (5.7%), Polish (3.2%), Italian (2.8%).
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 100 feet
Land area: 0.60 square miles.
Population density: 2,064 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Blue Lake:
- High school or higher: 93.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 36.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.8%
- Unemployed: 7.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Blue Lake city:
- Never married: 32.5%
- Now married: 43.0%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 2.9%
- Divorced: 20.4%
82 residents are foreign born (2.4% Latin America, 1.5% Europe, 0.9% North America).
According to our research of California and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Blue Lake, California as of May 31, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Blue Lake to the number of sex offenders is 416 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,650 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $958 (0.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Redding, CA (87.4 miles , pop. 80,865).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Sacramento, CA (209.4 miles , pop. 407,018).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (561.6 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Arcata, CA (2.2 miles ), Fieldbrook, CA (2.5 miles ), Indianola, CA (2.6 miles ), McKinleyville, CA (2.7 miles ), North Coastal, CA (2.8 miles ), Manila, CA (3.0 miles ), Myrtletown, CA (3.1 miles ), Eureka, CA (3.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $91,500
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $120,800
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $115,900
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $115,900
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $115,900
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $150,400
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $250,000
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $204,800
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $203,700
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $278,200
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $90,900
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.88 N, Longitude: 123.99 W
Area code: 707
|Crime rates in Blue Lake by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 316.0)||54.1||331.7||278.6||691.6||1042.4||419.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Blue Lake detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.50|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (14%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (28%)
- Retail trade (26%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Management occupations (19%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (13%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (7%)
- Life, physical, and social science occupations (7%)
Average climate in Blue Lake, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Blue Lake-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below California state average. It is 487% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 82.8 miles away from the city center
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 22.7 miles away from Blue Lake center
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK) earthquake occurred 206.1 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 4/25/1992 at 18:06:04, a magnitude 7.2 (6.3 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.4 mi) earthquake occurred 36.9 miles away from the city center, causing $75,000,000 total damage
On 1/22/1923 at 09:04:18, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 75.1 miles away from Blue Lake center
On 6/15/2005 at 02:50:54, a magnitude 7.2 (6.1 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.9 mi) earthquake occurred 106.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Humboldt County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 9, Landslides: 4, Winter Storms: 4, Mudslides: 2, Fire: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Blue Lake:
- MAD RIVER COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 6 miles away; ARCATA, CA)
- FMC MCKINLEYVILLE (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; MCKINLEYVILLE, CA)
- HOSPICE OF HUMBOLDT,INC (Hospital, about 10 miles away; EUREKA, CA)
- PACIFIC REHABILITATION AND WELLNESS CENTER, LP (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; EUREKA, CA)
- GENERAL HOSPITAL D/P SNF (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; EUREKA, CA)
- CRESTWOOD MANOR (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; EUREKA, CA)
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 11 miles away; EUREKA, CA)
Amtrak stations near Blue Lake:
- 6 miles: ARCATA (F ST. BETWEEN 7TH & 8TH STS.) - Bus Station . Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 10 miles: MCKINLEYVILLE (ARCATA AIRPORT TERMINAL) - Bus Station . Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public payphones, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 11 miles: EUREKA (5TH & L STS.) - Bus Station . Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking.
College/University in Blue Lake:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Blue Lake:
- Humboldt State University (about 5 miles; Arcata, CA; Full-time enrollment: 7,353)
- College of the Redwoods (about 17 miles; Eureka, CA; FT enrollment: 4,410)
- Shasta College (about 90 miles; Redding, CA; FT enrollment: 5,645)
- Rogue Community College (about 111 miles; Grants Pass, OR; FT enrollment: 3,600)
- Southern Oregon University (about 113 miles; Ashland, OR; FT enrollment: 4,650)
- Mendocino College (about 124 miles; Ukiah, CA; FT enrollment: 2,263)
- California State University-Chico (about 139 miles; Chico, CA; FT enrollment: 14,838)
Public elementary/middle schools in Blue Lake:
Notable locations in Blue Lake: Blue Lake Industrial Park (A), Prasch Hall (B), Blue Lake Museum (C), Blue Lake Fire Protection District (D), Blue Lake City Hall (E), Blue Lake Branch Humboldt County Library (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Blue Lake include: Saint Josephs Catholic Church (A), Presbyterian Church of Blue Lake (B), Korbel-Blue Lake Community Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Powers Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Blue Lake include: Gymkhana Field (1), Perigot Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 77.3. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2013 was 0.295. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.5 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 2.62. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 10.6 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.236. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 12.2 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 21.7. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 12.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 15.9. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 0.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.71. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 10.6 miles away from the city center.
(20.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 32.0% for Black residents, 5.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 1.6% for American Indian residents, 32.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Blue Lake city (based on Humboldt County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Humboldt County:||3.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Humboldt County:||0.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||0.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|Humboldt County:||3.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Blue Lake, CA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$3,215||$38,580||1||$658|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$3,263||$39,156||6||$1,570|
|Totals for Government||7||$24,963||$42,794||7||$2,228|
Blue Lake government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Central Staff Services: $116,000 ($93.32)
Parks & Recreation: $91,000 ($73.21)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $205,000 ($164.92)
Sewerage: $187,000 ($150.44)
Water Utilities: $169,000 ($135.96)
Central Staff Services: $137,000 ($110.22)
Parks & Recreation: $123,000 ($98.95)
Regular Highways: $49,000 ($39.42)
Health Services - Other: $11,000 ($8.85)
General - Other: $2,000 ($1.61)
Transit Utilities: $2,000 ($1.61)
Housing & Community Development: $1,000 ($0.80)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $49,000 ($39.42)
Housing & Community Development: $2,000 ($1.61)
Regular Highways: $1,000 ($0.80)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $452,000 ($363.64)
Blue Lake government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $399,000 ($321.00)
Parks & Recreation: $44,000 ($35.40)
All Other: $11,000 ($8.85)
- Local Intergovernmental - Transit Utilities: $2,000 ($1.61)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $247,000 ($198.71)
Rents: $123,000 ($98.95)
Interest Earnings: $62,000 ($49.88)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $193,000 ($155.27)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $217,000 ($174.58)
General Support: $65,000 ($52.29)
Highways: $39,000 ($31.38)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $86,000 ($69.19)
Property: $66,000 ($53.10)
Public Utilities: $24,000 ($19.31)
NEC: $17,000 ($13.68)
Blue Lake government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,200,000 ($965.41)
5.27% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,866 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved from foreign countries ($103 average AGI)
Humboldt County: 0.03% California average: 0.07%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Los Angeles County, CA||0.24% ($24,689 average AGI)|
|from Sacramento County, CA||0.23% ($28,538)|
|from San Diego County, CA||0.23% ($24,871)|
5.73% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,950 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($414 average AGI)
Humboldt County: 0.06% California average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Blue Lake:
- KWSW (790 AM; 5 kW; EUREKA, CA; Owner: EUREKA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KINS (980 AM; 5 kW; EUREKA, CA; Owner: EUREKA BROADCASTING CO.)
- KATA (1340 AM; 1 kW; ARCATA, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- KNCR (1090 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FORTUNA, CA; Owner: MILLER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KGOE (1480 AM; 5 kW; EUREKA, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KGRV (700 AM; 25 kW; WINSTON, OR; Owner: PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KTMT (580 AM; 10 kW; ASHLAND, OR; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KDUN (1030 AM; 50 kW; REEDSPORT, OR; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING-OREGON, INC.)
- KAPL (1300 AM; 20 kW; PHOENIX, OR; Owner: APPLEGATE MEDIA, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Blue Lake:
- K265BT (100.9 FM; ARCATA, CA; Owner: EUREKA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KZPN (91.5 FM; BAYSIDE, CA; Owner: COM. OF HUMBOLDT ED. ENHANC. RAD. SV)
- K211DJ (90.1 FM; ARCATA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K259AL (99.7 FM; WILLOW CREEK, CA; Owner: KHSU-FM, HUMBOLDT STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KXGO (93.1 FM; ARCATA, CA; Owner: MILLER BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KKHB (105.5 FM; EUREKA, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- KFMI (96.3 FM; EUREKA, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- KRED-FM (92.3 FM; EUREKA, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- KHSU-FM (90.5 FM; ARCATA, CA; Owner: HUMBOLDT STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KMUE (88.3 FM; EUREKA, CA; Owner: REDWOOD COMMUNITY RADIO, INC)
- K282AD (104.3 FM; EUREKA, CA; Owner: LOST COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KAJK-FM (99.1 FM; FERNDALE, CA; Owner: MILLER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KNHT (107.3 FM; RIO DELL, CA; Owner: SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY)
- KEKA-FM (101.5 FM; EUREKA, CA; Owner: EUREKA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KSLG-FM (94.1 FM; HYDESVILLE, CA; Owner: LOST COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KWPT (100.3 FM; FORTUNA, CA; Owner: S.T.E.G. BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KHUM (104.7 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: LOST COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLVG (103.7 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KMUD (91.1 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: REDWOOD COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- K201HL (88.1 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Blue Lake:
- KVIQ (Channel 6; EUREKA, CA; Owner: ACKERLEY MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KEET (Channel 13; EUREKA, CA; Owner: REDWOOD EMPIRE PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC)
- K36BT (Channel 36; BLUE LAKE, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KIEM-TV (Channel 3; EUREKA, CA; Owner: POLLACK/BELZ BROADCASTING CO., LLC)
- K45DS (Channel 45; FRESHWATER, ETC., CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KAEF (Channel 23; ARCATA, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA BROADCASTING,INC.)
- KBVU (Channel 29; EUREKA, CA; Owner: SAINTE SEPULVEDA, INC.)
- K47EH (Channel 47; ALTURAS, ETC., CA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K51EG (Channel 51; SOUTH EUREKA/LOLETA, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 8m26ftTotal length
- 1,016Total average daily traffic
- 30Total average daily truck traffic
- 640Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Blue Lake)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:17 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- BUCKHORNCHPSC, Buckhorn Scale Hwy 299 7.3 Mi E (Lat: 40.884500 Lon: -123.962972), Type: Building, Structure height: 3.7 m, Overall height: 10 m, Call Sign: WNFD723
Assigned Frequencies: 42.1800 MHz, 42.6800 MHz, 42.5600 MHz, 42.3400 MHz, 44.9800 MHz, 45.2200 MHz, 42.2200 MHz, 42.2400 MHz, 42.5400 MHzGrant Date: 05/30/2012, Expiration Date: 08/18/2022Registrant: State Of California, 601 Sequoia Pacific Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95811-0231, Phone: (916) 657-6174, Fax: (916) 657-9468, Email:
- Pump Station 5 (Lat: 40.902639 Lon: -124.005333), Call Sign: WNIT641, Licensee ID: L00392244
Assigned Frequencies: 173.203 MHzGrant Date: 10/03/2012, Expiration Date: 05/05/2022Registrant: City Of Blue Lake, Blue Lake, CA 95525, Phone: (707) 668-5655
- Lat: 40.879861 Lon: -123.993389, Call Sign: WQVU371
Assigned Frequencies: 153.425 MHzGrant Date: 05/11/2015, Expiration Date: 05/11/2025, Certifier: Gary GierRegistrant: Forest Industries Telecommunications, 1565 Oak St, Eugene, OR 97401, Phone: (541) 485-8441, Fax: (541) 485-7556, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- Blue Lake, 3250 Liscom Hill Rd. (Lat: 40.902500 Lon: -123.952778), Type: Mast, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 59.1 m, Call Sign: WQFX827
Assigned Frequencies: 10755.0 MHz, 11155.0 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6286.19 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10815.0 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6286.19 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 10775.0 MHz... (+15 more)Grant Date: 11/01/2006, Expiration Date: 11/01/2016, Certifier: John T Scott IiiRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- David Duran, Lat: 40.904306 Lon: -123.986889, Type: Building, Structure height: 3 m, Overall height: 4 m, Call Sign: WQJS696
Assigned Frequencies: 3650.00 MHzGrant Date: 12/16/2008, Expiration Date: 12/16/2018, Certifier: Seth B JohannesenRegistrant: 101netlink, Whitethorn, CA 95589, Phone: (707) 923-4000, Email:
- Horse Mountain, 3.7 Km S Of Hwy 299; 4.8 Km W Of Friday Ridge; Atop Horse Mtn (Lat: 40.873806 Lon: -123.733750), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 49 m, Overall height: 53.2 m, Call Sign: WQXE543
Assigned Frequencies: 6725.00 MHzGrant Date: 02/11/2016, Expiration Date: 02/11/2026, Certifier: Travis FinchRegistrant: Velocity Communications, Inc., Weaverville, CA 96093, Phone: (530) 623-3550, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Blue Lake)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Blue Lake that have no violations reported:
- BLUE LAKE, CITY OF (Population served: 1,500, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 33
- Hazardous Condition: 5
Incident types - Blue Lake
|Most common first names in Blue Lake, CA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Blue Lake, CA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (69%)
- Electricity (15%)
- Wood (15%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Blue Lake compared to California state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Blue Lake on our top lists:
- #50 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Indonesia (population 500+)"
- #81 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Ireland (population 500+)"
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2012 Presidential Election"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Sulfur Oxides Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest carbon monoxide air pollution readings in 2012 (ppm)"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Nitrogen Dioxide air pollution readings in 2012 (ppm)"